Derek Johnstone: columnist or fuckwit

beararse

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Different times tho to be fair (I’d imagine) and that’s not me saying one rule for Greg and another for others it’s just there wasn’t the onslaught there is now against our club, culture and people 

Aye, before the bead rattlers took over but I suppose they get asked and it’s easy money.

Ally McCoist the player === legend, the manager === useless.

Butcher the player === legend, the pundit  === worse than useless.

DJ the player absolute legend, the journalist ==== dreadful.

DJ, unlike Butcher, has the one-single mitigating factor and that is, he is not the shiniest coin in the fountain.  Without a doubt, this makes him an easy target for those fenians in the media with an agenda, which is basically all of them, to manipulate him.  DJ is simply a victim of his own stupidity and will forever remain a legend as a player. 

Maybe people could word their criticism differently and DJ was a great player for us, but that part of the article was laughable, suggesting a formation we haven’t played (and won’t on Tuesday) that we’ll play an ineligible player, and we’ll play a player who he couldn’t get the name of right ( who probably won’t have signed by then) wouldn’t be eligible if he did sign and he’s a centre-half not a striker.

You could read a week full of newspapers and not find the number of errors included in a few sentences with that, really poor tbh.

Never mind Jake Hooper, I was questioning why our new loan signing was referred to as Sadiq Umar? However, Google’s suggestion list has his name that way around before you actually click to search. Probably tells you all you need to know about the research and validity of information that goes into a DJ column.

2 hours ago, TBagalag said:

Never mind Jake Hooper, I was questioning why our new loan signing was referred to as Sadiq Umar? However, Google’s suggestion list has his name that way around before you actually click to search. Probably tells you all you need to know about the research and validity of information that goes into a DJ column.

What utter pish.

Try and get out more.

On 14/07/2018 at 10:24, TMB said:

Never more of a fuckwit than when on ClydeSSB.

I disagree, had the misfortune to speak to him and Alan Macinally on a Sky phone in. My point was about the Fields of Arthur’s Thigh being played over the Bheast PA, Macinally agreed it was a Republican Song but dopey bollox just said now now we’ve got our songs to.

20 hours ago, JentleJames said:

Maybe people could word their criticism differently and DJ was a great player for us, but that part of the article was laughable, suggesting a formation we haven’t played (and won’t on Tuesday) that we’ll play an ineligible player, and we’ll play a player who he couldn’t get the name of right ( who probably won’t have signed by then) wouldn’t be eligible if he did sign and he’s a centre-half not a striker.

You could read a week full of newspapers and not find the number of errors included in a few sentences with that, really poor tbh.

Agreed.

On reflection my use of ‘fuckwit’ was a bit strong.

Bottom line: great player, poor pundit.

Will never forget big DJ on SSN talking absolute rubbish the night Warburton resigned/sacked, clearly just dragged out his bed and been stuck in front of the camera, by that point i was in stitches at the whole saga. 

Talks shite but a true Rangers legend. 

On 15/07/2018 at 09:54, Blue Avenger said:

So the not so shining bright DJ got one letter of a name wrong and it's easily offended time.

I love this place.

Selectively easily offended. It's funny how when the huge list of ex-Rangers players to be disliked is being complied, there's various ones that didn't cover them selves in glory by what they said regards the liquidation issue, yet Walter always gets a free pass.

Some fans are massively sensitive when it comes to what ex-players do or don't say. 

On 15/07/2018 at 09:54, Blue Avenger said:

So the not so shining bright DJ got one letter of a name wrong and it's easily offended time.

I love this place.

Don't think anyone is offended by DJ's spelling ...

He is credited with an article quoting the wrong name, which could well be a typo (although C and H are separated by G, F, V and B on a keyboard) but he also refers to bringing him in to help out Morelos up front when the player he is presumably talking about is a centre half.

The combination of both tells you he isn't the brightest, regardless of how good a player he was for us back in the day.

If you are paid to write or dictate an article and referring to players the minimum requirement is getting their name and position correct.

On 15/07/2018 at 00:26, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Gave everything on the park as a player. Whether as centre half or centre forward he would get stuck right in with no fear. Made his debut in the first team at 16!!!:rangers: and then scored the winner in the League Cup Final against them. And yep - he was still only 16.

If folk want to slag him off for not being too bright when on ssb then go for it, but he was a great player to watch in the early 70's onwards and certainly did more than most for the club and for that alone he deserves respect.

I always think of that goal when people try to excuse Morelos missing sitters against the tarriers by saying “he’s only 21”.