Derek Johnstone: columnist or fuckwit

beararse

On 14/07/2018 at 15:37, Mancger86 said:

He’s anything but a great pundit. In fact he’s far from it. 

However the abuse on here for towards someone who is and always will be a Rangers legend is disgusting.

The man had done more for the club than most of us could dream of by the time he was 16. 

Well said...He just hasn't got a backbone unfortunately 

But the abuse of a true blue legend is beyond acceptable.

This place is rotten to the core with bheasts and some fellow bears jump on their band wagon of shite.

2 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

Well said...He just hasn't got a backbone unfortunately 

But the abuse of a true blue legend is beyond acceptable.

This place is rotten to the core with bheasts and some fellow bears jump on their band wagon of shite.

Hang on a minute, so what your saying is if your regarded as a Rangers Legend (overused these days) then your above criticism???? 

I’ve spoke to plenty of ex Rangers players some are the nicest guys on the planet and a joy to know and talk with, some are utter muppets that I wouldn’t give the time of day to, for me DJ falls into the later. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hang on a minute, so what your saying is if your regarded as a Rangers Legend (overused these days) then your above criticism???? 

I’ve spoke to plenty of ex Rangers players some are the nicest guys on the planet and a joy to know and talk with, some are utter muppets that I wouldn’t give the time of day to, for me DJ falls into the later. 

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1971-72

Scottish League First Division/Premier Division: 1974–75, 1975–76, 1977–78

Scottish Cup: 1972–73, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81

Scottish League Cup: 1970–71, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1981–8

Overused ?????????  I say legend

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Spot on.

I witnessed a bonifide Rangers Legend acting like a total and utter cunt towards a receptionist years ago.

It was disgraceful behaviour and he knew it. 

A grovelling hand written apology followed along with a HUGE bouquet of flowers because he was told he was a cunt in no uncertain terms.

Just because you were a legend doesn’t mean to say you are untouchable and above criticism.

It wasn’t DJ by the way.

20 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

If you read the post Courtyardbear isn’t saying DJ isn’t a legend.

He’s simply saying ‘legend’ is a term overused these days and that legendary players can also be arseholes.

They are not mutually exclusive.

22 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

He’s a moron, and you didn’t answer the question. 

Are you saying Legends/Ex players are above criticism????

22 minutes ago, beararse said:

Spot on.

I witnessed a bonifide Rangers Legend acting like a total and utter cunt towards a receptionist years ago.

It was disgraceful behaviour and he knew it. 

A grovelling hand written apology followed along with a HUGE bouquet of flowers because he was told he was a cunt in no uncertain terms.

Just because you were a legend doesn’t mean to say you are untouchable and above criticism.

It wasn’t DJ by the way.

Spot on mate. 

I think the folk that take exception to these  threads have never actually meet any of the ex players or spent anytime in their company. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Spot on mate. 

I think the folk that take exception to these  threads have never actually meet any of the ex players or spent anytime in their company. 

There’s probably a direct link between those who can’t handle the criticism of a legend and those who’s first reaction is to call fellow Rangers fans taigs, bheasts, rhodents, cunts etc because they can’t handle an alternative opinion.

I got called all the above for simply suggesting a ‘dislike’ button would be handy on here AND I’m pretty certain I’ll get called a taig cunt for this post too.

Pathetic and childish behaviour which suggests a lack of intellect.

14 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Spot on mate. 

I have met DJ many times and he has always been both good company and humble.

I do agree that not all are the same and our 9in a row Captain isn’t the most people friendly I have had the pleasure to meet but even then I would stop short of calling him a fuckwit and just remember him as the player.

14 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Spot on mate. 

I have met DJ... Quite a lot.  He's a bit flowery in conversation at times,  but always found him to be pleasant:)  

13 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I do agree that not all are the same and our 9in a row Captain isn’t the most people friendly I have had the pleasure to meet but even then I would stop short of calling him a fuckwit and just remember him as the player.

Agree with this. 9in a row Captain is very rude. Could share a few stories,  but I won't due to same reason of remembering him as a player only.  

15 hours ago, beararse said:

There’s probably a direct link between those who can’t handle the criticism of a legend and those who’s first reaction is to call fellow Rangers fans taigs, bheasts, rhodents, cunts etc because they can’t handle an alternative opinion.

I got called all the above for simply suggesting a ‘dislike’ button would be handy on here AND I’m pretty certain I’ll get called a taig cunt for this post too.

Pathetic and childish behaviour which suggests a lack of intellect.

Taig cunt:p:

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

He’s an idiot, just because he could kick a ball and played for Rangers doesn’t mean I’m supposed to treat him some kind of God. 

The thread isn’t about the player, it’s the man who is a sports pundit and the clubs ambassador.