50,817 Capacity?

Have wondered for a while now why we nearer reach full capacity when games are sold out. 

Obviously there’s the secregation issue, but on Thursday there was no segregation as no visiting supporters, yet the attendance was 49,309? 

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, MillwallLoyal said:

Have wondered for a while now why we nearer reach full capacity when games are sold out. 

Obviously there’s the secregation issue, but on Thursday there was no segregation as no visiting supporters, yet the attendance was 49,309? 

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. 

May have been UEFA requirements, a lot of grounds capacities seem to be reduced for European games. I think some of it is related to advertising. seems to take a couple of thousand off the total.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Empty seats

I thought that as well but isn’t the capacity figure based on ticket sales and not actual bums on seats? So even if people hadn’t turned up they would still be counted in the attendance figure which should ultimately make it closer to the 50,800 figure. 

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I thought that as well but isn’t the capacity figure based on ticket sales and not actual bums on seats? So even if people hadn’t turned up they would still be counted in the attendance figure which should ultimately make it closer to the 50,800 figure. 

Not too sure mate

Any payments by cash are put straight in the pocket and pay with card it goes in the books, I remember going to a game a few years ago and the stadium was half full but officially only 5 supporters turned up.

The Tax free cash is used to buy hair products for Windass and drink for Pena.

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

It is indeed

4 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

Some hospitality tickets were not sold I'm sure.

Yup. Some in the CD were empty. Not a massive amount, though. 

There's also the seats with extreme restricted views that never sell. Either end of the Enclosure and small numbers behind structural beams.

22 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

does it really matter? Why are folk so obsessed with our stadium capacity and attendance figures?

Fuck sake, a fellow supporter is asking a simple question, if you don’t think it matters just don’t post, don’t bring yer bad vibes here