*** The Official Open 2018 Thread ***

6 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I can’t believe it was nearly 20 years ago since Van de Velde’s infamous collapse.

The sight of him ankle-deep in the burn is still tragic.

Was watching Paul lawrie talk about this, he said when you first see it you can clearly see the ball just at the surface.  He would have went in too, by the time thd shoes n socks were off the tide had lifted water levels by a couple of inches, making it impossible. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I have a feeling Tiger is going to play some stuff today 

I think the weather could play a part for him and the late starters. Weather starting to pick up, greens firming up too, but yeah he'll not get a better chance than The Open to get another major. His experience, course knowledge, invention will be crucial and he's in good form. Would be good to see him in contention...........

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think the weather could play a part for him and the late starters. Weather starting to pick up, greens firming up too, but yeah he'll not get a better chance than The Open to get another major. His experience, course knowledge, invention will be crucial and he's in good form. Would be good to see him in contention...........

He was practicing a big high cut with soft landing yesterday as sees it as the needed shot.

I hope he plays well.

8 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I'm heading up this weekend, anyone been yet?

Wanting to know how strict they are with the ticket checks so I can just buy a Youth ticket, which you can up until your 24.

Much are the tickets?..id love to go to an open but none of my mates are into golf and a wouldn’t go myself 

5 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Much are the tickets?..id love to go to an open but none of my mates are into golf and a wouldn’t go myself 

Depends on the day you go, but not by much.

Saturday is ÂŁ45 for 16-24 or ÂŁ90 for 25+