Job Done

Ill take that, absolutely shocking last year, this year not great but still in.

Dominic Solanke, and another creative loan midfielder would help loads , but I see no reason not to progress the next round

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Job done, but that kind of performance leads to managers getting sacked.

Worse than brutal.

Not if they identify the charlatans,  get shot of them and bring in significant upgrades.

That game might turn out to be a blessing in disguise as the current no. 1 striker has surely blown his chance allowing Sadiq/others to prove their worth.

They CANNOT be worse than El Fluffalo

I'd agree with professional without looking great .

If you look at the results of Scottish teams in Europe over the last few years , you can see the potential of a banana skin , but we never looked like losing this . Job done . 

23 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not if they identify the charlatans,  get shot of them and bring in significant upgrades.

That game might turn out to be a blessing in disguise as the current no. 1 striker has surely blown his chance allowing Sadiq/others to prove their worth.

They CANNOT be worse than El Fluffalo

Imo there's not much time or money to do much more this window. Hopefully one or two still to come. So it'll be the winter window before we can strengthen again which is typically difficult.

Ultimately imo SG needs to be getting a helluva lot more out of this lot and based on what I've seen so far he's miles from doing so.

If there's not a significant improvement then I reckon we'll struggle. It won't come from me but if for instance we were to lose 2/3 from sheep, scum and Europa league next round then I reckon the calls for his head will come.

And El Fluffalo? FFS. 

6 weeks of a transfer window left so plenty of time to get things done.

Lack of pre-season and games aren’t ideal for a manager to come into and get his ideas across. I don’t think his formation/tactics/player selection is helping though.

I’ve seen professional performance branded about , that’s usually the description of a team playing well within themselves with a few gears to go up , what we seen tonight that’s our lot that’s all we’ve got  , a professional performance would be to go take 5 or 6 off a pub team over the two legs 

30 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

In all honesty, if Morelos was to undertake a polygraph test, he would eventually agree that he's not a football player. 

I doubt he would. He believes he is a player and whe he's reduced to playing in a Sunday pub league, he still wouldn't admit.

Think the Chinese were looking to use him in a new curry.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Imo there's not much time or money to do much more this window. Hopefully one or two still to come. So it'll be the winter window before we can strengthen again which is typically difficult.

Ultimately imo SG needs to be getting a helluva lot more out of this lot and based on what I've seen so far he's miles from doing so.

If there's not a significant improvement then I reckon we'll struggle. It won't come from me but if for instance we were to lose 2/3 from sheep, scum and Europa league next round then I reckon the calls for his head will come.

And El Fluffalo? FFS. 

The manager WILL get at least one more striker in, probably on loan as you’ll win fuck all with Morelos up front. He is a busted flush.

I’m fairly confident he’ll get another few faces in,

I heard Andy Devlin on Talksport last week saying he fully expected there to be 15 new players in by the end of the window.

If Devlin is correct in his assumptions that’s a further 6 players.

SG might be inexperienced but he is no mug. He has already hung the front line out to dry with his post match comments and regardless of what has been said previously and I’ll be astonished if  Morelos isn’t punted very shortly,  he's been that poor these last 3 games!

As for El Fluffalo, I thought it was quite good but clearly it’s a slow burner ?

Into the next round is what matters but the performances have been pretty unappealing. 

Badly miss a creative midfielder and a striker to finish. That isn't going to be cheap and for all the talk of loans it's just guesswork and assumption.

defence has been addressed but if we don't address the other end it will be another season of nothing much to shout about.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't he would. He believes he is a player and whe he's reduced to playing in a Sunday pub league, he still wouldn't admit.

Think the Chinese were looking to use him in a new curry.

Top marks for that one mate.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

The manager WILL get at least one more striker in, probably on loan as you’ll win fuck all with Morelos up front. He is a busted flush.

I’m fairly confident he’ll get another few faces in,

I heard Andy Devlin on Talksport last week saying he fully expected there to be 15 new players in by the end of the window.

If Devlin is correct in his assumptions that’s a further 6 players.

SG might be inexperienced but he is no mug. He has already hung the front line out to dry with his post match comments and regardless of what has been said previously and I’ll be astonished if  Morelos isn’t punted very shortly,  he's been that poor these last 3 games!

As for El Fluffalo, I thought it was quite good but clearly it’s a slow burner ?

Time will tell 

But if we do sell Morelos then imo we need to sign another 2 if not 3 forwards. And new signings simply needs to be first pick ready not another squad type player.

We'll see.

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Job done is right. Better Rangers teams than this have been papped out by diddy teams at this stage. It's all about getting through. Much more confidence in this defence to see the game out.

Which better Rangers teams at this stage mate?

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Which better Rangers teams at this stage mate?

Walter's team that lost to Kaunas.

The team that got to the semis of the Champions League and ended up losing to Levski Sofia.

9 hours ago, MasterD said:

6 weeks of a transfer window left so plenty of time to get things done.

Lack of pre-season and games aren’t ideal for a manager to come into and get his ideas across. I don’t think his formation/tactics/player selection is helping though.

6 weeks left yes however in those 6 weeks we have a few euro ties, Aberdeen and motherwell away the they cunts just after the window closes.  If we wait for deadline day signings we could realistically be out of Europe and already playing catch up in the league before they get chance to play a game for us. 

I don't think people realise how important it was for Gerrard to identify and get his signings in as early as possible this year