Quality

Gazza1212

It's what this team needs, its what we were promised and yet it's still nowhere to be seen. 

Early doors of course but watching that Rangers team even this early it's so fucking obvious how bereft we are of genuine quality players. 

More than enough chances created by Tav alone over those two games to have blown the opposition out the water. We are screaming out for a finisher and also somebody who can supply the amo. 

You’ve kind of saved me from making a thread. I don’t buy into this we are two games in bollocks with folk massively burying their heads in the sand. This squad is still so fucking far off it, it’s untrue. Get whatever money we can for Windass and Morelos and one or two others that clearly have no future and try to bring in some better options. I hope to god these past couple of games have highlighted to Gerrard how lacking we are. If he hasn’t noted it then there are serious question marks for me already. IMO Windass, Halliday and Morelos in and around the first team still is a massive error of judgement on Gerrard’s part. For the record I don’t really see what Murphy brings to the party either.

We are wasting time and money bidding for the Millwall defender when there's clearly other positions needing quality like a decent striker and a playmaker. And with more loans it will only put us back to bare bones next season when they all go back to there parent clubs. It's plain to see that team tonight is clearly not good enough and gerrard should stop giving windass and morelos the time of day and get in better sorry all rant over 

17 minutes ago, gers31 said:

We are wasting time and money bidding for the Millwall defender when there's clearly other positions needing quality like a decent striker and a playmaker. And with more loans it will only put us back to bare bones next season when they all go back to there parent clubs. It's plain to see that team tonight is clearly not good enough and gerrard should stop giving windass and morelos the time of day and get in better sorry all rant over 

Agree with this 

If he isn't looking to punt them.It will be massive mistake 

We don't have one genuine quality player who can make the difference.

Windass, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias etc are nowhere near good enough.

Throw in an average midfield that consists of McCrorie, Jack, Dorrans, Ejaria... and it doesn't bode well.

23 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Just read more of the same ''we scored more than celtic pish'' in another thread, our attack is fucking shocking and you'd need to be blind or in denial not to see that.

We did though, it's a fact. As a team we score goals, but we lose games through conceding too often.

I think folk are confusing likeability with quality to some extent.

I only saw parts of the game, but it was so glaringly obvious that somethings up with Morelos. He's not even trying as hard as he did at the end of last season. Him, Jack and Windass are nowhere near good enough to take us forward, and if he persists with them, he's making a rod for his own back. I just can't see us winning anything with them in the team. If we can get anything like the money we paid for Morelos, I'd take it now and get another striker from somewhere.....anyone will do. 

Hopefully Coulibally and Sadiq will give us a spark, and I think we could do worse that give Midleton or Ejaria a start. EJaria didn't have the best of reputations coming here, but he looked to liven things up a bit when he came on. Trouble is, in the grand scheme of things, we can't really compare Shkupi with anyone back home. I'll wager they're no better than Championship level though.

47 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

We don't have one genuine quality player who can make the difference.

Windass, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias etc are nowhere near good enough.

Throw in an average midfield that consists of McCrorie, Jack, Dorrans, Ejaria... and it doesn't bode well.

Correct, and that's a huge concern at this stage tbh. 

He's still got time regards bringing in much better but im having very serious doubts now Gerrard has grasped the fact this support has had an absolute gut full of mediocrity. 

I am hopeful we will improve,  but we do need to get rid of the poor players in order for the improvements to be met.  

The fans with their eyes open will know who these poor players are.  I don't need to repeat myself anymore.  

I respect the fans who feel the need to continually back them,  fair play to you. 

Defence is improving though.  Everything else needs worked on terribly.  The connection within the midfield and forward players is still horribly missing at present.  If SG can sort this,  then happy days.  

Its clear our squad is lacking quality. However Gerrard, and Mcallister, have plugged our weakness in defence and from our signings look like they want to add physicality to our team aswell as players with a strong work ethic. Morelos looks like his head/confidence is totally shot - remember he still is young...he either needs time on the bench or moved on. Gerrard obv recognises more quality is needed in the final third.  Given the money celtic have had to work with, and the time Rodgers has had to build his squad (with little/no competition) I'm not overly worried about our progress - I think we will close the gap on them and will finish second which for me in the first season is job done! 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Disagree - Goldson looks quality. Other than that, I don't think it's too premature to be concerned. 

Goldson, Katic, McGregor and Flanagan are a very decent four. I’m happy with those and it’s without doubt far better than what we had last season.

16 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Correct, and that's a huge concern at this stage tbh. 

He's still got time regards bringing in much better but im having very serious doubts now Gerrard has grasped the fact this support has had an absolute gut full of mediocrity. 

OK scratch that.

Just seen the managers reaction in an other thread and sure enough he too acknowledged the "serious lack of quality" in the final third. 

Still sorely underwhelmed by what I've seen so far but he appears at least to share the same concerns. Enough in fact to make it public which is encouraging and would suggest his priorities may change. 

1 hour ago, gers31 said:

Yep , agreed ?

The only thing I would say is financially we are going to have to go to the loan market , but whatever money we do have , including  maybe a wee bit extra after getting another round tonite , should be spent on either a creative midfielder or a striker . 

22 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Its clear our squad is lacking quality. However Gerrard, and Mcallister, have plugged our weakness in defence and from our signings look like they want to add physicality to our team aswell as players with a strong work ethic. Morelos looks like his head/confidence is totally shot - remember he still is young...he either needs time on the bench or moved on. Gerrard obv recognises more quality is needed in the final third.  Given the money celtic have had to work with, and the time Rodgers has had to build his squad (with little/no competition) I'm not overly worried about our progress - I think we will close the gap on them and will finish second which for me in the first season is job done! 

I think we’ll need to wait until we play a team better than a pub team to decide if the centre half’s are an improvement , the only player we know where we stand with him so far is Greegs