Gerrard Post Match Reaction

1 minute ago, backup said:

If he can’t see we need a proven top level goalscorer he isn’t paying attention.

Did you watch the interview?

He clearly is paying attention when he mentions the serious lack of quality in the final third.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Be lucky to get 2.5 million for him..

Agreed - and we're going to have to heavily add to that to get a decent CF. Perhaps a young Rudden is the man, although DJ (& others) managed at a far higher level at his age.

25 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Different manager but same buzz words and sound bites we've been hearing for 3 years now.

Don’t give me your pish the manager clearly knows we are servely lacking in final 3rd and he will address it.

these 2 games could actually be a blessing because by all account windass,Morelos could of been of fire in training but that hasn’t transferred to when it matters.

we all know why areas we are lacking in and so does Gerrard

33 minutes ago, gsa said:

He's made "Tav" club captain and let "Josh" pull on a Rangers shirt again. Not sure Gerrard is really the messiah we'd hoped for. Not sure I can be bothered with more boring "pressers".

When he gets rid of the long term losers in our squad, I'll start to take him seriously. 

? what do you want him to say. 

'Aye good result mate we're through'

27 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It's not as if the transfer window ends next week though - there's plenty of time to sort out the midfield and attack.

Id rather have it sorted ASAP or we’ll stuggle to get past the next round and a strong start in the league 

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

FFS Zak Rudden fast becoming the new Ryan Hardie, improving with every game he doesn't play, this place!!!!

It’s more that Morelos is getting worse every game he plays which makes Zak Rudden seem like a better option. At the moment I’d say he is tbh.

26 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Wow ok then we have no one of a decent quality to cover cb but we have far too many midfielders but let’s keep adding to the ever growing list to the midfield CB would be my top priority then look at the wide areas before anything else folk losing there shit after 3 competitive games we haven’t even hit August yet not forgetting the fact Coulibaly & Sadiq have still to be given game time 

Why would you prioritise a CB when we are clearly struggling in front of goal? 

He gives a solid analysis. And I feel that unlike previous managers he doesn’t try and shy away from the dreadful finishing. You can bet that they got it tight from Gerrard in the dressing room afterwards. 

As much as I’m annoyed about our finishing, it was a professional performance away from home and over both legs. We didn’t look like conceding and didn’t have to push hard tonight. The onus was on them to attack us. We controlled things and look solid at the back. As Gerrard says there is a lot to work on in the final third. Bear in mind there are 5+ players unfit/not available for those areas though so there is much that will change with our shape and lineup. It is a good result. 

58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He looked well annoyed during the game.

It's a matter of just how many more chances he gives last year's failures. 

IMO, Morelos and Windass are imposters, Tav just not a good enough defender and never a captain. If he persists with them, they        will cost us.

He will persist with tav. Naming him captain ensures that. 

I still reckon 3 or 4 quality players are needed that can go straight into the team and improve it. Clinical Striker and playmaker a must for 2 of them. 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

He's made "Tav" club captain and let "Josh" pull on a Rangers shirt again. Not sure Gerrard is really the messiah we'd hoped for. Not sure I can be bothered with more boring "pressers".

When he gets rid of the long term losers in our squad, I'll start to take him seriously. 

I was severely disappointed when he made tav the captain as imo he isn’t 1 and to think Gerrard was an admirable captain then he comes in and gives him it. The only reason tav is here is because he won’t play for a bigger club than ours and he isn’t even that good a player, scarred by all the pumpings we’ve taken from them plus the other humiliations and then he’s captain? Never one