• RJMcGregor
  • saltire266
  • thebooler
  • TheCutch
  • willygers4life

On 18/07/2018 at 10:35, govanblue said:

mrbump.jpg.e744ee21b423a3cad62f79d2feed5

Welcome to the RM Erskine Fund  - Members Thread - Season 2018/19

The RM Erskine Fund is a voluntary fundraising group funded by RM Member donations (and other occasional fundraising activities), now entering its 5.5th season. I've lost count of how much we've raised (and spent wisely!) in that time.  But for sure, it's WELL over a hundred thousand pounds. It's definitely made a difference; and all we need from you to keep it rolling is a measly tenner!!

The Fund's primary role is to provide Recreational Treats directly to the Residents of Erskine Veterans Care Homes.  We do this primarily by providing Rangers Season Tickets, Match Tickets, Hospitality Tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Restaurant Lunches, Rangers TV subscriptions, Rangers merchandise and clothing, and anything else we can think of.  Not only does this make the MANY Rangers supporting Veterans very happy, it also has a double bonus of putting a lot of that money directly back in to The Club, and keeping those Blue Pounds Blue!

We also provide occasional non-Rangers related Recreational Treats, to ensure that ALL residents benefit from our Fund, and not just the Bears.  Recent examples: Boat Trips, Restaurant Lunches, Christmas Party Donations, Palace Visits, D-Day Whisky Miniatures, Fish n Chips, and pretty much anything that Erskine fancy (Even Billy Elliott!)

We also support Residents of Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress) by providing 4 Season Tickets for their exclusive use.  These seats have become an important part of Hollybush House's recreational therapy.  Many of their Residents have serious issues dealing with crowds, loud noises, etc. The value of a friendly crowd, which they can genuinely feel a part of, can not be understated.  

We also allocate a portion of our Fund to supporting Rangers Youth Development, in the form of regular subscriptions to Rangers Lotto, Half-time Rising Stars, Brick purchases, and more.

This season we've also pledged our support to the BRAVEHOUND charity, who provide trained Companion Dogs for Veterans with PTSD or other issues.  We've bought a puppy for BRAVEHOUND.  His name is Broxi, and he's currently in Basic Training, before deployment.  So we will have a continuing responsibility to contribute to his upkeep.

And we even have enough left over to make sure that we are able to make a small donation on behalf of RM members, to Rangers-related fundraisers, to help out other Bears in their time of need, or to support their Good Cause.

The Fund has no running costs (as long as you remember to tick the "friends and family" option on PayPal!). So every penny donated is properly spent and properly accounted for.

Here's a summary of what we did last season...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/315733-rm-erskine-fund-the-season-is-over-how-did-we-do/?do=findComment&comment=1064801364

Not bad, eh?

Season membership of The Fund is a one-off minimum donation of £10 (or more).  But if you're feeling a bit flush, you can donate as much as you want!!!

That's it.  You don't need to donate every month or anything like that.  In November, we will run a mid-season fundraiser, but you don't need to donate to that, or to the end-of season fundraiser.  Most people DO donate something whenever I pop up with a new fundraiser - I guess that's because they have a couple of quid spare, and they approve of what we're doing with it.  But it's always optional.

----------------------------------------

How to donate:

Donations via PayPal or by Bank Transfer.  PM @Zetland for details.

Last season's members - you know the score - please get yourself on the donated list, (or the pledge list if you're waiting for payday) - and please encourage other RM Members to do the same - Some of them just need a wee pointer.

Renewing, New or potential members - PM @Zetland with any questions you may have.

@Zetland will look after the Hall Of Fame Members List in the post below, and then I'll put a load of photos in the post below that, just to remind everybody why we're bothering.

And then I'll put a few posts in to summarise what we've done so far this season, and what's next.

So, without further ado, let's go...

:tu:

2 minutes ago, Zetland said:

It’s Zetland, not Zebidee, Bears r us!! ?

Sometimes when I am using my phone if I touch an emoticon by mistake I cannot get it deleted, and that is what happened with the laugh after the thumb up and it seemed silly to just post that but I kinda did not know how to go after that hence the rather stupid bump.

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Sometimes when I am using my phone if I touch an emoticon by mistake I cannot get it deleted, and that is what happened with the laugh after the thumb up and it seemed silly to just post that but I kinda did not know how to go after that hence the rather stupid bump.