*** RM Erskine Fund - Season 18/19 Official Thread ***

govanblue

Updates:

1.  When I was dropping off those bin bags full of merchandise at Erskine Park for their fete last week, as I was leaving, I noticed they had their raffle jar all prepped for the next day.  So since we weren't able to attend the fete, I thought it only fair to buy some raffle tickets.  Here's a picture of one bin bag of merchandise.  the other one got lost.  not the bin bag, just the picture...

merchandise2018_01.thumb.jpg.041cb7c8d15cb1e38b7d644d911d6ffd.jpg

55 tickets bought. 

Cost: £55

2. Rising Stars.  We continued our tradition with our customary 20 Rising Stars for the Osijek game.  We continued our tradition of not winning anything.  :tu:

Cost: £40

3. Rangers v Osijek - 14 Smartcards and 1 wheelchair space activated.  Cost: £145

4. Rangers v Osijek - Many thanks to @SW3 @WILLIAM BEAR  @Inigo and @ianb1547 whose seats ensured that a couple of Veterans from the Erskine Bungalows could get to the game, and we passed a couple on, raising £35 :tu:

5. Club1872 have realised that they hadn't signed up their 4 Erskine Smartcards for Cup and friendly games, and that the Fund had been footing the bill for them for the past season, and so far this season.  They've now put that right, and from now on, they will pay for the extra games on those 4 smartcards.  So that means that we'll be about £60 better off for each of those games.  It also means that from now on, I'll only be talking about our 10 smartcards. 

6. Here's a picture of the latest batch of booze donated by Members...

booze2018_01.thumb.jpg.418fe4bc3a71ec243d8f202128490725.jpg

as well as this bonus item - two boxes of goodies donated by @Courtyard Bear ...

booze2018_02.thumb.jpg.e5069d23fcd32df7910383afa206103d.jpg

7.  We received our Rangers Lotto Agent Commision Cheque - £56.72 - which is enough to pay for another weekly Rangers Lotto entry for the next year.  If you already play the Rangers Lotto (or even if you don't!!) and would like to see that Fund Commission cheque be even bigger next year, then sign the Fund up as your Rangers Lotto Agent.  It's easy to do and costs you nothing!

8.  We have renewed our 10 Rangers Lotto Weekly entries, plus that new one mentioned in point 7, so a total of 11 entries per week for the next 52 weeks paid up front.  Cost: £572

9.  A catch-up from Erskine Park...

Hi gb,

It’s now catch up time so here goes. Our fete was a success despite the torrential rain. We raised the sum of £1371. Your donation of Rangers merchandise went very well and we used a couple of bottles from the alcohol donation to boost the raffle and tombola. I have attached a picture of the Rangers merchandise which was sent to Bishopton. We also split the donation of alcohol and boxes of alcohol between Park and Bishopton.  My colleague took a picture of the Rangers merchandise donation which was kept by Park but she seems to have lost it while forwarding to our e- mail address. Will send it to you if we find where it has gone!!!

We purchased £55 of raffle tickets on your behalf. You won a prize, Yippee! A small hamper containing 2 bottles of wine, chocolates and a cuddly toy is awaiting collection or delivery instructions.

I have a proposition concerning the Port and books. Fundraising think that they could raise a good sum of money if they are auctioned at the ball. Can we do this as I think it would better benefit our residents rather than give a glass or two at a function. It is a special bottle and has the book to back up the label so should sell well to some naval enthusiast. Let me know if this is a goer.

Unfortunately  our trip to the football did not happen on Sunday. Our volunteer driver had injured his leg on the Saturday so was unable to drive but Nursing staff had already cancelled the outing due to the torrential rain. Bishopton used 2 of our tickets but apologies for not using the wheelchair space.

I have attached some pictures of the alcohol donation. I have shared the contents with Bishopton and will ensure that our residents enjoy our share at future functions. Please extend our thanks to all your Fund Members and donors,

Kind Regards,

Erskine Park Recreation

10.  I asked Erskine for some info on this photo...

Erskine_Park_Ibrox_july18_B.thumb.jpg.f1b92d302852c68a1f994eee29bdb3a2.jpg

Here's the reply...

The lady is called Irene and is aged 87. She was a season ticket holder and attended matches with her late husband. She sings along to all the tunes and loves to watch the Union Bears in action.
The gentleman in the picture is called Magnus, aged 94 years. His wife also stays with us here at Park. Magnus served with the RAF during the war in India. He was a season ticket holder in the past.

So there you go.   And before you ask, they probably don't remember which school they went to.  :p:

Editor's note:  I don't think that actually is Magnus in the picture above.  This is Magnus, at the game with his son (thanks to the Fund) and I don't think he looks anything like the Veteran with Irene. 

Magnus.thumb.jpg.0b2d9172947c83f43fe848330a2e0e1e.jpg

Maybe the Recreation Staff are getting a bit forgetful in their old age?  I'll keep you posted.

11.  Rangers v Maribor.  10 Smartcards activated.  1 Wheelchair space nabbed.  Any unused seats for this game, please let me know.

12.  Broxi BRAVEHOUND - latest update from Bears r us here...

Broxi should be making an appearance at the JG Statue before kick off, some time in October.  Bears r us will keep us up to speed on that.  I hope you can all get along to say hello - it is important that Broxi learn to cope with all the stresses involved in hanging around the statue on matchday, and meeting some of you is about as stressful a fate as I can imagine for the poor wee soul.  :p:

13.  Membership updates:  We're sitting at about 56 members donated, and 15 pledged to donate (plus another 1 or 2 from the last day or two that I haven't processed yet), so still a long long way to go before we can consider the Start of Season Fundraiser to have run its course.  So if you haven't donated to the RM Erskine Fund this season, get it sorted!

I'll give you an accurate figure in a couple of days, but we're sitting at about £2000 raised and £1000 spent so far this season.

14.  That'll do for now.  :rangers:

On 03/08/2018 at 13:39, Zetland said:

@The Ghost

Already on the Donated list but has donated again. :dance:

On 03/08/2018 at 13:40, govanblue said:

Unless I'm getting the donations mixed up?

Of course I wouldn't have this problem if people would remember to put a reference!  

Yeah, I got it wrong.

It wasn't a second donation from The Ghost.  Just someone with a similar name (Tommy Heghost)

But it so alarmed @The Ghost that he rushed off and made a second donation, just to be safe.  :tu:

I think I have discovered a new tactic.  :lol: