Geordies, we know your pain

13 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

I don't remember him ever playing for us during his loan spell.

thats because he never did play for us, signed on loan but had a medical condition, suspected aids or something. wasn't allowed to play. 

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

thats because he never did play for us, signed on loan but had a medical condition, suspected aids or something. wasn't allowed to play. 

No, that was Gaël Bigirimana.

14 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

if this makes the full kit wanker extinct, i'm all for higher prices. 

That will be for the 'authentic' kit. Standard replica kit will be the same as other clubs. Man Uniteds 'authentic' kit is £183 for the full kit.

SD haven't even got the new Geordies kit for sale yet.

19 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Both of these clubs should be bigger than they are. One city clubs with no rivals for the local fan base.

Newcastle are as big as they can get imo, Leeds has a much bigger potential fanbase to tap into.

13 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

You may be right in terms of fan base growth potential. But with that fan base they have massively under achieved for years, possibly decades.

Al line i hear often but i'm not so sure it's true, outwith Newcastle nobody really gives a fuck about them.

Newcastle city population is 295k and urban 879k in comparison to Leeds city 784k and 1.9m urban.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Newcastle are as big as they can get imo, Leeds has a much bigger potential fanbase to tap into.

How'd you equate that? It's not as if the populations and and size of the city are vastly different, though the Geordies have the whole Northumberland and Gateshead south of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Leeds complete for supporters with the other Yorkshire clubs, which there are several. 

Leeds are a huge club by the way, I'm not disputing that, but I think Newcastle have much bigger potential and I reckon because Leeds have been a second and third their side since 2004, Newcastle are more widely known.

3 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

How'd you equate that? It's not as if the populations and and size of the city are vastly different, though the Geordies have the whole Northumberland and Gateshead south of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Leeds complete for supporters with the other Yorkshire clubs, which there are several. 

Leeds are a huge club by the way, I'm not disputing that, but I think Newcastle have much bigger potential and I reckon because Leeds have been a second and third their side since 2004, Newcastle are more widely known.

The city of Leeds population is literally nearly 3 times the size of Newcastle:lol:

Nah Leeds are potentially a much bigger and stronger than Newcastle can ever aspire to be imo.

There are other teams in the NE aswell.

16 hours ago, plumbGER said:

The city of Leeds population is literally nearly 3 times the size of Newcastle:lol:

Nah Leeds are potentially a much bigger and stronger than Newcastle can ever aspire to be imo.

There are other teams in the NE aswell.

You're right about the population, which shocked me. 

I still think the it's in Newcastle's favor as they're a one city team with the majority of the northeast their catchment area, and a large part of Cumbria. Some of the border areas of Scotland may be Newcastle territory as they're the closest Premier League team.

3 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

You're right about the population, which shocked me. 

I still think the it's in Newcastle's favor as they're a one city team with the majority of the northeast their catchment area, and a large part of Cumbria. Some of the border areas of Scotland may be Newcastle territory as they're the closest Premier League team.

Leeds are a one city team too mate.

Not so sure that just because they are a premier leagie team that gives them the upper hand in gaining support from surrounding areas too, like if folk supported Sunderland/Middesborough all there days they woukd start supporting Newcastle just because they are in the premier league.

Newcastle are a good sized club, no denying that but i think they have maxed out their potential when Keegan was manager and they almost won the league.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Leeds are a one city team too mate.

Not so sure that just because they are a premier leagie team that gives them the upper hand in gaining support from surrounding areas too, like if folk supported Sunderland/Middesborough all there days they woukd start supporting Newcastle just because they are in the premier league.

Newcastle are a good sized club, no denying that but i think they have maxed out their potential when Keegan was manager and they almost won the league.

See my argument against Leeds who are massive, is that Yorkshire is populated with several clubs, two of them also giants in their own right. 

You may be right with your Keegan argument, though.

9 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

See my argument against Leeds who are massive, is that Yorkshire is populated with several clubs, two of them also giants in their own right. 

You may be right with your Keegan argument, though.

Also a lot of interest in Rugby league in Yorkshire too i think but i just think the potential of Leeds is so much more than Newcastle, a lot of their fans have delusions of grandeur and think they are bigger than they are.

Passionate fans all the same.