When was this top used? (Red McEwan's lager)

j1mgg

I don't remember seeing this top when I was younger, just the blue chequed one, and the white one with red stripes on the shoulder.

Was this a third kit, or a European one?

I remember the purple one being used, European I think.

Screenshot_20180719-110907.png

Our Nike and Adidas strips used to be absolute wanking material.Ā 

I've not really liked many of our strips since then with exception of orange ones because they are orange ?Ā 

I think the only one that's came close to the Nike and Adidas ones was the one we had last time we won the league 2010-2011, the home one, the blue but it was like a rugby shirt.Ā 

45 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've not really liked many of our strips since then with exception of orange ones because they are orange ?Ā 

I think the only one that's came close to the Nike and Adidas ones was the one we had last time we won the league 2010-2011, the home one, the blue but it was like a rugby shirt.Ā 

The Blue strip with the White collar that was made by Umbro?

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

I don't remember seeing this top when I was younger, just the blue chequed one, and the white one with red stripes on the shoulder.

Was this a third kit, or a European one?

I remember the purple one being used, European I think.

Screenshot_20180719-110907.png

3rd kit 1996-97

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers-change-kits.html

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Was it for general sale, and guessing very limited chance of getting one now.

Sorry added link, sometimes there it links to sites selling them, but not for that one just now.

Worth checking every so often as it does change.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Was it for general sale, and guessing very limited chance of getting one now.

No general sale. I think the guys who get these tops order them now from retro websites. There's places online that do them.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Ā 

f717befa527fe33477b3aff196b18d13.jpg

Yea mate, that's the one. That was made as a retro strip made to commemorate our tops from the early 1900's I've still got mine in perfect condition. It's great to wear as a leisure shirt but would be a bit warm to play a game in it.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No general sale. I think the guys who get these tops order them now from retro websites. There's places online that do them.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Standout jerseys Iā€™m sure do them

Can get a few them here

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/Rangers.html

They were worn in Europe as someone said with Centre Parcs on them as the McEwans Lager wasn't aloud because of drink advertising, I'm sure we wore it in France as well but memory of who we played is gone, I do remember watching but can't remember who.

?

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

TBH this top was by Nike, looked good and the material was (IS) fine

image.thumb.png.279af8acd6a5d62e119a863fcbad9f1d.png

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thatā€™s no the top Iā€™m on about :lol:Ā 

You said Nike and Adidas, then I remembered a decent one from Nike and I never buy many but still have that one, used to have a Nike training top which I loved as I wore it the day of the Lovenkrands cup finalĀ :dance:Ā  Ā Maybe its just us older supporters that like Nike and AdidasĀ 

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

You said Nike and Adidas, then I remembered a decent one from Nike and I never buy many but still have that one, used to have a Nike training top which I loved as I wore it the day of the Lovenkrands cup finalĀ :dance:Ā  Ā Maybe its just us older supporters that like Nike and AdidasĀ 

I just think youā€™ve misread my postĀ