Sad state for scottish fooball

I thought we already knew that without the Old Firm Scottish football has been shit for 25 years at least ..................Talksport just winding it up... lots of wee teams have made big bucks signings at some stage to increase their status.  After all Blackburn Rovers (who ?) won a Premier League and Chelsea been doing it for years now.............

Just goes tits up when the bubble bursts..................

Look at the threads for our potential opponents in the 3rd round Europa qualifier.   Pessimism or realism?  Either way not a lot of us have much hope of beating most of the names in the hat.  30 or 40 years ago we would have sent out the reserves and still won.  Times have changed.

On 19/07/2018 at 12:39, Bristoe1872 said:

No it's a sign of how shite Aberdeen are. A big club only in their own deluded heads. 

I remember last season Aberdeen fans actually complained to soccer AM because they hadn't shown a wonder goal one of their players had scored from around the middle of the pitch. That's how insignificant they actually are because if that had been us or the scum we wouldn't have had to email Soccer AM to tell them about it ?

I remember thinking how far the game had fallen in Scotland when Daniel Cousin was pushing for a move to Hull City.     Now Bournemouth are spending £55m on two players.   Depressing, and I can't see it ending time soon with the English Leagues awash with TV money and billionaire chairmen. 

2 hours ago, miracle said:

I remember thinking how far the game had fallen in Scotland when Daniel Cousin was pushing for a move to Hull City.     Now Bournemouth are spending £55m on two players.   Depressing, and I can't see it ending time soon with the English Leagues awash with TV money and billionaire chairmen. 

Games a bogey now .The markets are now Asia and so hundreds of millions will pay to watch the likes of Bournemouth because of who their opponents are on the day , try selling St Johnstone v Dundee to viewers in Shanghai or Mumbai

6 minutes ago, miracle said:

You probably could sell it if there were big name players on show but you'd need the TV money to buy them.    Chicken and egg scenario.

Agree but unfortunately the real big money was not about in the era of Gazza Laudrup etc and that quality of player will never play in the SPL again.