Where Will We Finish in the 2018/9 Season?

2018/9 Season  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/18 at 07:43

39 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would settle for a big improvement from us and a 2nd place finish quite a bit ahead of 3rd and not too far behind them.

We need a decent year so that we can have a summer where we just need to improve rather than rebuild the entire squad as we have done for about the last 7 years.

Would love to finish 1st, but they would need to have a stinker of a year and we would have to play out our skins. Just cant see it.

I honestly think that would be a rip-roaring success for a brand new manager, practically brand new first XI and how little we've spent. I don't say that in a defeatist way. Right now I want us to focus solely on winning it, and I do see that being possible if everything falls into place, but that scenario you gave would make me happy to keep Stevie G in the job and build on it for next season.

Early days but watching the first two competitive games with the season ahead in mind , i still don’t see that team stringing a long spl winning run together ,they’ll struggle at the usual away haunts and probs drop a few points at home to , I still don’t see the heart ,desire ,fight aggressiveness or mentality in this team  , we’ve all said beat the rest of the shite  and we’ll stay right on there tails , with only a loan player from Roma and a lad a small team in France is willing to let go on loan to come in so far ,I think it’s going to be another long one for the bears , desperately need a few signings that resembles the finished article for once ,brought in as our own players for fees 

Second.  celtic have better player assets and an established manager.  If we can win consistently against the rest we'll put together a good points total and that's what we should expect.  If we can be more competitive in the Old Firm games and hopefully win one that would be huge bonus.  If we can get to the group stages of the Europa that would be a huge positives for the fans so fingers crossed on that front.

54 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So many bears accept this nowadays .Our standards are at an all time low 

Even when we were pish in the early 80s 

Not winning the league was unacceptable 

Football was a different sport in those days unfortunately.

We have to build the team up gradually to become a real force again. If we can't get a solid defence built up of our own players this year, then improve the midfield / attack next year, then I see this as the time we can really challenge.

The biggest bonus that could happen for us would be for them to stop qualifying for the CL. The money they get from that makes it quite easy for them to stay ahead of us unfortunately. If they fail to get this, then debt will start to mount up and they will have to start selling their better players and shopping more in our market.

The transfer market is fucked at the minute, we just cannot bring in the standard of player we used to as they are just not affordable now.

My personal goal would be to stop them getting 10. If we don't do that, then it's a failure.

Before that, it's just a case of improving until we get that title win.

Not accepting anything other than first is just "Uber fan" talk imo.