Where Will We Finish in the 2018/9 Season?

2018/9 Season  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/18 at 07:43

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

We were never anywhere near the title, summed up the overexcitement and wishful thinking we do best

Points wise we weren't far away had we won some 'easy' home games to leave us a couple of points off the top. Had we also beat the scum we could have been top.

But your right in that we flattered to deceive. Were never good enough to really think about winning it. 

For some time our football team/squad is a reflection of our chairman Ali Baba, as soon as he's offski the better. 

His most recent letter referring to Supporters Update and 11m blocking of funds is significant. 

If an investor/person buys a football club it is his own issue how he buys it - has nothing to do with the supporters. But again, could be seen as looking for sympathy, when he should get f.all, and get on with the job he claimed, that he could do. 

6 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Great thanks for making me doubt the only region i think we have improved on ? jks valid point, i would say that basically anything would of been an improvement on our defence from last year. Truthfully the thing iIam most concerned of is SG, why appoint a manager with no experience? It's not like we are making up for that with big name transfers 

???class , sorry mate ??, i loved the Gerrard appointment and he’s a clever lad he’ll know himself his managerial career could be on the line in his first job but he couldn’t knock this chance back , just wish the board and mark Allen could come up with the funds and players to help him be a success,

don’t know about yourself or other bears but to me it always seems to be a negative reason we’ve signed a player (apart from McGregor he could probs had his pick of a few clubs on more money) it’s always he was out of favour at Burnley , he couldn’t get a game for Brighton , he’s a free we’ll take a punt on him can’t get a game for Angers we’ll take him on loan  , it’s fucking sole destroying and very rarely works out  , it be nice for once to hear we’ve went signed eg the Angers captain on a 4 year deal etc but again it’s all down to we’ve very little money 

The first focus has to be to beat them in a few league games for starters. If we can't beat them at least a couple of times then forget the league. Without being able to do that and taking hidings off them in every game, then its pointless even discussing it much further. Gerrard needs to find a way to beat them.

Christ I usually consider myself one of the more optimistic types. But I have went third here. 

Hivs, the sheep and Kilmarnock all gave us trouble last season and I don’t think we have improved very much. 

Gerrard is a rookie with a piss poor squad and although we are much improved at the back we still lack courage and creativity going forward. Remains to be seen what happens with some of the loan signings and before the window closes but as it stands now I have grave concerns. 

Windass, Morelos and Candeias have had a shocking start. the only player outside the back 5 that has shown anything in pre-season has been Middleton. Maybe Murphy and Arfield at a push. 

People choosing where we will finish based on our first two games is ludicrous.  We have two new players yet to kick a ball, two others injured and possibly three more new signings. Lets wait at least 5 league games before starting polls like these. The last I read Aberdeen can't even field a team and people have them finishing ahead of us !!

Comfortable second. If we can improve goals to chances ratio with a decent striker and some more creativity I honestly don't think we'll be far off those overhyped world beaters. Need to get the high press style working. If and it's a big we can do that we will see how vunerable and bang average they are at the back.

As it stands, 2nd. Not quite the finished article yet, so who knows what improvements will be made. Not too overly optimistic though, as we are not in a position to sign anyone of proven quality. Still a work in progress and fuck knows how that will turn out.  Surely it won't get any worse, so still somewhat optimistic, but not convinced.

With the inconsistency of Morelos, Murphy, Windass and candiaus I can't see us bettering last year's finish, a couple of quality forwards and a proper no10 will improve us massively and maybe just maybe we will compete to a much greater level but the squad as of now doesn't fill me with much hope. 

26 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Any cunt who chose 2nd or below is either too young to remember who we really are or have turned pessimists in their old age. We are fucking Rangers for fuck sake, any less than 1st is no use to us.

I chose second and I'm old enough to remember who we really are. That's not pessimism it's realism. Until the club from chairman to players match the heart and passion we as fans do we may get somewhere!

But heart and passion will probably not be enough as we need more ability across the majority of the first team squad. We need further investment as well. If we can get all this right we may have a team capable off toppling them.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Any cunt who chose 2nd or below is either too young to remember who we really are or have turned pessimists in their old age. We are fucking Rangers for fuck sake, any less than 1st is no use to us.

Most of us that did have said that is with no more better players added, if we do add better players then that will be a different situation.