Greg Docherty to go out on loan

islandblue

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

First couple of games he played he bossed the midfield and looked a far better player than his price tag suggested.

I donā€™t think heā€™s shown anything yet mate but itā€™s still the wrong call for me unless a first team cert is coming inĀ 

Never seen anything in him that made him stand out at Hamilton, and apart from 1 pass to windass when he scored against st Johnstone, I've not seen anything in a Rangers shirt either tbh.

We need far better than him if we want to win anything.Ā 

I'll wait for the Dochertys contract terminated by mutual consent thread in 6 months or a year.Ā 

Thought he was trying too hard at first then he just seemed to disappear.

Hope he still has a future with the Club, but Gerrard will be the judge of that. Waiting to see if any more are shipped out, hope there is with more coming in to replace them. Too many of the last couple of seasonsā€™ underachievers still around at the moment.

Wrong decision in my opinion, would much rather we have or own young players in and around the squad than taking boys on loan from Angers. Yes, heā€™ll benefit from the game time he will get elsewhere but the fact that Halliday is still here and he is being shipped out on loan is worrying.

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Meh .. donā€™t rate him, didnā€™t want to sign him and canā€™t see him getting any better loan or notĀ 

We wonā€™t command cash for him so keep him as a squad option - letting him go on loan and paying his wages is the worst of both worlds and a typical Rangers FC decisionĀ 

watch us come to another mutual understanding on his contract next summer and the cycle continuesĀ 

Baffling amidst the fiasco of last season, duringĀ the winter shutdown , the board, Murty and Mark Allen decidesĀ a player 8 places below us in the league willĀ improve us , again not dochertyā€™s fault of course heā€™s going to substantially increase his wage and play for his boyhood club , just another poor recruitment decisionĀ 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What games were they mate?

Didn't get into the team right away, but I'm sure the 3-5 game at Hamilton he played well. as he did against Hearts in the game after that.

I'm not saying he's gone on to be a star or anything.....just that from what we saw in his first few games he looked promising, and I'm surprised he's not featured more since. :tu:Ā 

11 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Didn't get into the team right away, but I'm sure the 3-5 game at Hamilton he played well. as he did against Hearts in the game after that.

I'm not saying he's gone on to be a star or anything.....just that from what we saw in his first few games he looked promising, and I'm surprised he's not featured more since. :tu:Ā 

Hertz and St Johnstone away he looked good