Europa League

Blackandra

In all honesty how far do we think we're gona go in this and is it important for future signings etc? Personally I'd rather we concentrate on the league but iv missed the excitement of a decent run in Europe the last few years 

I would love to get to the group stages, i love the European nights at ibrox. Plus, i think the players would get a lift from making it and that confidence and belief could help our domestic season.

Realistically, can't see it happening. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

50-50 on Osijek ... was optimistic a few weeks back but that’s been sucked out of me as we are powderpuff in midfield and zero decent striking options and a manager who imo has underestimated exactly what we need - a half decent team will run amok with us 

Unfortunate but very accurate 

if we get through this round let’s just hope we can get a “glamour” tie in the next one, because it’s as far as we will go in Europe this season 

Can't see us making it but if we do, we'll have made a nice chunk of cash and European Football nights back at Ibrox.

We need to be aiming for the Champions League ultimately but I feel we are a good 5 years off that as things stand. 

I'll be a very happy and drunk Bear if we win 55 and qualify for the Europa League this season though.

I don't see us making the group stage but stranger things have happened.  More often than not shocks happen in the qualifying rounds of the EL and we see the bigger teams losing out to the lesser ones.  I hope if we can sort ourselves out in the goalscoring area and we continue to defend well then we could cause an upset.

Let's not forget that if we can find goals in our team then no one will want to draw an unseeded Rangers team as much as we don't want one of the bigger named seeds.

Let's wait and also hope. 

People on the other thread saying we’ll hammer Osijek! ?

They beat PSV home and away last year and to be honest right now I don’t see a great deal of difference between the shite team we had last season and the team we’ve got now (excluding the two CBs and keeper). 

Its going to be another long slog of a season I think and we have no chance of qualifying for the group stages. That would at least work in our favour as there is no way we woud be able to mount any challenge to celtic if we were in Europa league too. The calibre of teams in the next round steps up significantly. Like to think we will get past Osijek but who knows.

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

50-50 on Osijek ... was optimistic a few weeks back but that’s been sucked out of me as we are powderpuff in midfield and zero decent striking options and a manager who imo has underestimated exactly what we need - a half decent team will run amok with us 

I think Mark Allen has far to much influence , you wonder how many Gerrard has actually pin pointed fist to sign , I don’t like this set up at all I want our manager solely to sign our players , a board statement clearly indicated Allen or the “playing side staff” refused Bates’s wage as he wouldn’t be a regular , fair enough people may think  7k a week probs is OTT but now we’re scurrying about trying to sign 3 million pound centre half’s when we had a perfectly good back up already there 

All depends on who we draw in the 3rd round. Some of the teams are just fucking brutal. But to me, we should beat Osijek. Their PSV results from last year means fuck all in all honesty. Whether we actually do get past them though is another thing sadly with our impotent strikeforce. I won't be surprised if we would've gone through had Windass/Morelos/Murphy scored another sitter.