The Great Dane

1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Aye the Hearts final. Shows how good he was that day, any other final were a player scores a hat-trick he would usually get the man of the match award. Laudrup’s Performance just couldn’t be ignored.

I’m sure the dukebox made his feelings known in the dressing room after! 

When he rumped the celtic defender over the line at parkheed to make sure durrants lob went in and he lost the place  in the corner the second half infront of us coz he was that hyped was so out of character for him , no cunt could push us around back then ,went there with a depleted squad going for 9 in a row , dibble signed for in goals and Hateley the week of the game , Craig Moore right mid , Big Albertz left back , still beat them 

Sigh looks like I’m gonna spend the next hour on YouTube watching Brian Laudrup highlights ?

Btw people should look up Footage of the Finn Laudrup it’s insane how much the 3 Laudrup dribble and play alike , with Michael being the best passer I have ever seen.

In my 50+ years of following the Rangers I can in all honestly say he is the greatest foreigner to play for us and we've had some great ones over the years, he truly was the Great Dane.  :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:.  Oh for anyone even half a good as him today.  Him and Gazza in the same team OMG how lucky we were.

Have great memories of him, but I'm still slightly embittered about how we threw money at him to see out his contract (turning down a reported 5 million bid from Ajax at the same time), then he downed tools on us that season when we needed him most. Suggestions at the time that he was feigning injury to protect his Chelsea move, but who knows.

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

He has been quoted as saying he suffered throughout that last season with a back injury which affected his form.  Since he always acted with complete professionalism and dignity in his time with us, I see no reason to doubt what he says on the matter.

You're probably right, but psychologically I think he had already left the club before a ball was kicked that season. He wasn't the only one to be fair.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I would give both my testicles for a Brian Laudrup in this team.

25 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

In my 50+ years of following the Rangers I can in all honestly say he is the greatest foreigner to play for us and we've had some great ones over the years, he truly was the Great Dane.  :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:.  Oh for anyone even half a good as him today.  Him and Gazza in the same team OMG how lucky we were.

When I have kids theyll obviously be Rangers fans but it kills me that they’ll never see someone of his ilk just purely with the way finances have gone in the game now. Find that really sad 

Just now, FSM said:

You're probably right, but psychologically I think he had already left the club before a ball was kicked that season. He wasn't the only one to be fair.

That season was a disaster.  Should have binned Walter as soon as he said he wanted to leave us, continuing with a lame duck manager never works.   Selling Gazza during the run in, was the final nail in our coffin.

Best player to ever play for us

Best player in Scottish football history

You've never seen a player terrify defences single handedly up here like he could

Glad that there's plenty of footage on YouTube of him for the 20 year old and younger supporters to see what a true world class player looked like playing for us

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You've never seen a player terrify defences single handedly up here like he could

Glad that there's plenty of footage on YouTube of him for the 20 year old and younger supporters to see what a true world class player looked like playing for us

I'm sure many older fans would disagree with that.

Especially the ones that seen Baxter 

9 minutes ago, FSM said:

Have great memories of him, but I'm still slightly embittered about how we threw money at him to see out his contract (turning down a reported 5 million bid from Ajax at the same time), then he downed tools on us that season when we needed him most. Suggestions at the time that he was feigning injury to protect his Chelsea move, but who knows.

I tend to agree with regards to his last season , I'm still a bit bitter about a lot of what happened during that season and how various decisions made , combined to fuck up 10 IAR ( probably best in another thread though )

As for Brian though , I recall being more impressed by the capture of Boli that summer , but how fucking wrong can you get :duh:  Laudrup has been the most outstanding player to play in Scottish football in the modern era IMO , Paul Gascoigne in his first 18 months comes close but Laudrup edges it for me .

How lucky were we to witness both of them in a Rangers shirt ? I hope that one day soon , the support who have had to endure some of the recent imposters in our colours get to watch someone approaching that kind of standard playing for us 

Thanks for the memories Brian  :bow:

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Actually mate I don't even think he was the best in the team he played in when Gazza was here