The Great Dane

9 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Sigh looks like I’m gonna spend the next hour on YouTube watching Brian Laudrup highlights ?

Btw people should look up Footage of the Finn Laudrup it’s insane how much the 3 Laudrup dribble and play alike , with Michael being the best passer I have ever seen.

You and me both.

31 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

We beat them twice in a fortnight in April that season( I know one was in the cup semi final) and still didn't win the league, how they won it that season is beyond me as we were the far superior team.

It'll annoy me forever

When you look at both squads for that season it should have been a piece of piss. Brattbak, Donnelly, O'Donnel, Gould and various other shite. Criminal we never done 10 :depressed:

19 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Watched and opposing players regardless of getting the ball, aren’t even close enough to bring him down he was that quick. Top quality player and a decent guy that although was a standout, was still all about the team.

On 21/07/2018 at 08:10, Ibroxholm said:

That season was a disaster.  Should have binned Walter as soon as he said he wanted to leave us, continuing with a lame duck manager never works.   Selling Gazza during the run in, was the final nail in our coffin.

Yep, Walter should’ve kept his mouth shut about leaving. We would’ve done it then. 

He's the best player I've ever seen in a Rangers Jersey. For bears my age (early 30s) was great growing up seeing your team winning everything and having Laudrup and Gazza ripping this piss out of defences every Saturday.

Just feel lucky to have seen a player like Laudrup playing for us. Still my favourite player and probably always will be.

He left in 98 when I was 11. There's kids on our bus around that age who haven't seen us winning a title and are used to the shite that we've been served up the past 6 years.

On 22/07/2018 at 20:18, Hadron Collider said:

Yep, Walter should’ve kept his mouth shut about leaving. We would’ve done it then. 

Yep.  As I remember, when he announced he was chucking it he gave us the same bullshit that Gough did about him being worn out and tired with all his endeavours.  Yet, within a few weeks of the season ending, he had become Everton manager.  Still, I guess the 1.5m golden hello he received from them perked him up a bit.

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

Yep.  As I remember, when he announced he was chucking it he gave us the same bullshit that Gough did about him being worn out and tired with all his endeavours.  Yet, within a few weeks of the season ending, he had become Everton manager.  Still, I guess the 1.5m golden hello he received from them perked him up a bit.

Walter did the same when he won the title in his second spell which we won. I don't think it was a factor. Negri going right off form was a bigger blow. 

3 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Walter did the same when he won the title in his second spell which we won. I don't think it was a factor. Negri going right off form was a bigger blow. 

Nah, you’ve got this wrong. We were going to do it. It was a bad thing for Walter to announce. Some fucking players gave it up. 

9 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Nah, you’ve got this wrong. We were going to do it. It was a bad thing for Walter to announce. Some fucking players gave it up. 

The team was done. Most of them were mid-30s. If I was going to question anything about Walter that season it would be some of his signings like Stensaas and failing to give Barry Ferguson a good run in the team.