The Long And Short Of It.

tannerall

I believe I was honoured to see the tallest Gers player and the shortest Gers player playing together in the same team.

Anyone improve on these either way ?

6 feet 4 inch.

24445659.jpg.gallery-620x336.jpg

5 feet 4 inch.

240572-european-cup-winners-cup-final-ra

Here's another few photos to illustrate the comparison.

Over 6 feet.

3109658_b991777b.jpg

Under 6 feet.

Calimero344.jpg

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I'm asking you , its your op, Tommy McLean was also 5  4, pictures no very clear

Fuck that, if we had to take full responsibility for accuracy and integrity on a Saturday night  most of us would realise we were well fucked when we went back to look on a Sunday. 

I'm sure @Rfc52 would agree.

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Fuck that, if we had to take full responsibility for accuracy and integrity on a Saturday night  most of us would realise we were well fucked when we went back to look on a Sunday. 

I'm sure @Rfc52 would agree.

Sure @Rfc52 post are accurate enough its  the arrestable nature of them that's probabaly the issue.

Graham Souness once said In effect Mccloy was a poor goalkeeper for Rangers 

Having been to so many games in the 70s and 80s 

It is my belief that the Gas meter probably cost Rangers quite a few trophy losses and OF losses .I witnessed quite a few of them 

I was never a fan .Nowadays it would probably have been the equivalent of having Fod in goals but having 8/9 superb players playing in front of you

Can't say much about Henderson but wee Tommy was such a valuable player but such a little shite bag 

Tall and short but I never look back on either as legends 

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Graham Souness once said In effect Mccloy was a poor goalkeeper for Rangers 

Having been to so many games in the 70s and 80s 

It is my belief that the Gas meter probably cost Rangers quite a few trophy losses and OF losses .I witnessed quite a few of them 

I was never a fan .Nowadays it would probably have been the equivalent of having Fod in goals but having 8/9 superb players playing in front of you

Can't say much about Henderson but wee Tommy was such a valuable player but such a little shite bag 

Tall and short but I never look back on either as legends 

Tommy McLean could have been the biggest shitebag anyone ever saw but who cares, his prime job was to provide inch perfect crosses at which he excelled and may never have been bettered, his right foot was like a magic wand.

One of my heroes and probably one of Derek Johnstones as well  

4 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Tommy McLean could have been the biggest shitebag anyone ever saw but who cares, his prime job was to provide inch perfect crosses at which he excelled and may never have been bettered, his right foot was like a magic wand.

Derek Parlane and Colin Jackson would agree with this too. Even Alex MacDonald who was a nifty wee header of the ball too. expecially in cellic games and cup finals. Mclean and MacDonald were a great combo.

Davie Cooper was a natural, but in my opinion Tommy McLean was the more intelligent footballer and his contribution on the wing was superior to Davie Cooper's om most occasions, Davie tended to save it for the bigger occasions. 

28 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Fair point mate 

His crosses were pinpoint and I liked him 

He was superb in his Killie days apparantly  and days with us in the 70s 

It didn't end well for wee Tommy though.His later years were terrible to watch .His ability had gone and his fear on the pitch was painful to watch 

19 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Bring on the new season ffs. Threads about players heights...:justno:

What the fuck you on about you self righteous dickhead. Football fans love the big guys and the wee guys. 

Scotland had a great tradition of wee guys in the midfield and on the wing. Bremner, Jimmy Johnstone, , Tommy Mclean, Willie Johnson, Alex MacDonald.

And big fuck offers in defence like

"Six foot two, eyes of blue, big Jim Holton's after you" in defence. 

Then there's other wee international stars. Cannigia. Alan Ball, Modric recently, even Maradona. 

And the big guys who powered their way through defences or destroyed opposing centre forwards a la Hateley and Joe Jordan.

I won't even start on the wee tanner ball players (see my name check there ?) like Alan Morton and Willie Henderson. 

Big Gas Meter did pull off some saves but my abiding memories of him are his enormous kick outs, like his assist for Bud’s winner in Barcelona, and the day he ended up swinging from the crossbar as he let one in against the Sheep in a Scottish Cup Final shambles at Hampden.

Wee Tam could put a pinpoint cross on DJ or Parlane’s head with his eyes closed, and his wee legs used to go like the clappers as he scurried down that right wing. It was clear he didn’t relish the physical side of the game sometimes, and he couldn’t have been away smaller or weaker than wee Doddie, who would have tackled a brick wall for the honour of wearing the Rangers jersey.

16 minutes ago, tannerall said:

What the fuck you on about? Football fans love the big guys and the wee guys. 

Scotland had a great tradition of wee guys in the midfield and on the wing. Bremner, Jimmy Johnstone, , Tommy Mclean, Willie Johnson, Alex MacDonald.

And big fuck offers in defence like

"Six foot two, eyes of blue, big Jim Holton's after you" in defence. 

Then there's other wee international stars. Cannigia. Alan Ball, Modric recently, even Maradona. 

And the big guys who powered their way through defences or destroyed opposing centre forwards a la Hateley and Joe Jordan.

I won't even start on the wee tanner ball players (see my name check there ?) like Alan Morton and Willie Henderson. 

I'm talking about random threads which simply appear to be fillers because the important stuff is lacking right now.

Apologies if this irks you and your borefest chums. 

And if you doubt me have a wee look at likes on your opening post. Cheers now.

Regards.

Self righteous dickhead.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Thought about starting a post about "The Thick And The Thin Of It" too,  but would probably just be full of all the overweight unfit fat players we've had in the banter years, especially during Ally's time as manager.

.......and Stevie Hughes.

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Big Gas Meter did pull off some saves but my abiding memories of him are his enormous kick outs, like his assist for Bud’s winner in Barcelona, and the day he ended up swinging from the crossbar as he let one in against the Sheep in a Scottish Cup Final shambles at Hampden.

Wee Tam could put a pinpoint cross on DJ or Parlane’s head with his eyes closed, and his wee legs used to go like the clappers as he scurried down that right wing. It was clear he didn’t relish the physical side of the game sometimes, and he couldn’t have been away smaller or weaker than wee Doddie, who would have tackled a brick wall for the honour of wearing the Rangers jersey.

My hero was wee Doddie, the footballer I wanted to be and based my game on,

Apparently a gentleman too, something I strive to be, except when I'm posting in the OT. :thumbsup: