Ozil quits Germany with ranty tweets

43 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Fair fucks to him he makes good points IF he has been subjected to the abuse alleged BUT his cause hasn't been helped by his recent performance which has greatly contributed to his scapegoating.

He could have played like Andy Halliday for years and it wouldn’t justify the racist abuse he gets from other Germans.  

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

He could have played like Andy Halliday for years and it wouldn’t justify the racist abuse he gets from other Germans.  

Wasn't suggesting it justified the abuse but merely that it helped create an atmosphere were those critical of him were enabled in voicing such opinions to a sympathetic audience. Can see how it may have read that way though.

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Was in Berlin last year mate and it was very multi cultural but I suppose it’s hard to get a feel when you are only there for a small time 

I think generally it is, but I lived in places like Osnabruck and Bielefeld and in those cities there was problems from time to time.  

shockingly badly timed, unwanted distraction for the  German team just before the world cup in Russia and has engendered no real support from his team mates, Gundogan calling Erdogan "my president" has people asking where their loyalties lie. Both then have a shocker of a cup  - especially Ozil -who looks completely uninterested. He then takes a lot of criticism - some of it obviously racist.

But he then played the race card and only the race card and criticises almost everybody who hasn't came out and publically supported him. Now, he may well feel this is only a racist issue and nothing more, that he is completely blameless for everything and it's all someone else fault, and there is no doubt some of the criticism of him is racist - but I can't help feeling that what we have is also an overindulged muti millionaire who thinks he can do what he wants and is above any form of criticism and looks for any excuse to make up for his own failings. The football world is full of them.