Rangers memorabilia collections

lewisrfc93

Does anyone have any sort of Rangers memorabilia that they collect? 

I have got a small pin badge collection at the moment and was wondering what everyone else collects? 

I know alot of people who collect ticket stubs but it must be harder nowadays with the smart cards in place.

Post you impressive collections here.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got 3 original paintings, load of prints and a signed pair of Kris Boyd’s boots. 

Gave away a shedload of stuff over the years as well  

I played in a tournament down at Blackpool when Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn. Met him at the tournament and got him to sign my boots, ended up playing in them and scored every game I wore them in. Called them my lucky boots back then. Wish I'd have kept them good in the end as you can barely make out the signature anymore.

5 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

I played in a tournament down at Blackpool when Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn. Met him at the tournament and got him to sign my boots, ended up playing in them and scored every game I wore them in. Called them my lucky boots back then. Wish I'd have kept them good in the end as you can barely make out the signature anymore.

One of the paintings is of him signed as well, when he was just a great footballer  One of Gazza and the other is of The Treble winning Captains  

Oh and Kris Boyd really needed Odoureaters in his boots. 

17 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Youngest ever Rangers captain to win a treble.  History.

9 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Was cleaning out a cupboard at my parents house after they had passed away and found a glass with the Rangers football club Scottish cup winners 1960 on it and all the players autographs. Never knew it was there so its become a precious item too me for sentimental reasons. I will try and upload a photo one for alll the older bears on here who might remember it.

1532299628485813177771.jpg

Theta class mate. 

The wife has a badge collection, just over 300 I’m sure at last count, plus between us we have quite a few framed signed shirts, first one was from the Advocaat era signed by over 40 players that extended through to Big Ecks reign, the last one was from div 3 lol.  Probably the best one is Laffertys match shirt from the Killie league winning game in 2011 signed by all the players and Walter and we have quite a few prints of various players and matches over the years including a belter of the Barca one. 

Most of the stuff is all in a spare room at the moment and really need to get organised and turn it into a proper blue room once time allows me. 

...highlighting some of our football Genesis as evidenced on YouTube.

There was actually only one question I ever wanted to ask if possible on a fan's forum and if Iewisfc93 might accept this as the opportune moment:

What's the oldest scarf out there?

What's the oldest strip you still have, especially if it was bought for you as a birthday or Xmas present as a young fan, many years ago?

When I was about 12 circa 1970ish, my dad bought me a Rangers 'shoulder bag' - anybody still have one!

Anyone still have that era's quintessential Rangers 'hard hat', as worn on a building site!

Aye... what's the oldest Rangers scarf any forum member can celebrate - maybe one that's been passed down over the years?

I always wondered what this might bring up and thanks op for the topic.

I used to collect Rangers programmes. Then went into badges, buying a new one at every home game.

I also had a collection of banners, scarves, pennants, etc  which I passed on to my son, who had his bedroom walls covered with them. I also used to have a collection of old Rangers strips. I never set out to collect them, I just used to get a new one every year for my birthday, and never threw the old ones away.

I don't think that I started any of my collections consciously, they just grew into collections because I never threw anything away. ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So what's surving then?

And where is it!

I guess that's pretty much the thought - what happened to my first, circa late 60s scarf. If I recall, it emblazed the heartfelt essence of being a supporter and then in later years, when about 13, all the print wore off!

Just wondered if any were still out there!

No chance, we suppose that you have any photos - old Polaroids would be fine - of your son's Rangers covered wall?

You threw the old strips out!!!!

Exactly what happened in my (,our?) era and just wondered what might still be out there.

So... Thewhitesettler, who'se still got that early Rangers strip - as you may recall it came in a box, complete with shorts and socks!

I used to have lots of Rangers stuff from the 1950's and 60's; Rangers football cards of all the players personally signed (not prints) as my Dad and Uncles were friends with many of the players of that era. I also had pin badges with the players photos on them, plus all the programmes of all the games. I left them behind when I came to live in Australia, so I don't know what happened to them, and the only thing I kept was my woolen Rangers Scarf from around circa 1954, which I still have...I will be buried in that. :rangers: I do have many shirts/football tops from the last 10 years or so all in top condition, but they are easy to get so I don't class those as memorabilia. :pipe:

9 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Was cleaning out a cupboard at my parents house after they had passed away and found a glass with the Rangers football club Scottish cup winners 1960 on it and all the players autographs. Never knew it was there so its become a precious item too me for sentimental reasons. I will try and upload a photo one for alll the older bears on here who might remember it.

1532299628485813177771.jpg

Got this beauty from my workmate for helping him out.It came with this paper coaster:

izycu8.jpg