Sell on Clause

pcbear

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Should be standard just in case the frog turns into a prince.

I know nothing about contracts but I would guess that having a sell on impacts the price you get so sometimes with donkeys you just want rid off. Waghorn was a guy that had did nothing for years who we got for relatively little and after doing well in the championship was rubbish in the SPL. So we got rid of him from the wage bill whilst getting a bit of wedge back. In that you are thinking lets get the most we can for this waster.

People constantly go on about the bheasts and the likes of VVD and the sell on clause with him...however they forget about the likes Cifti, Scepovic, Cole, Pukki, Balde, Kazim- Richards, Watt, Fridjonnson who where all strikers in the last 4/5 years who have went on to do the square root of fuck all whilst costing them money.

In the future i hope if we sell promising prospects especially to England that this is included but sometimes teams will get it wrong when everything says otherwise........no one would have guessed the fish supper eating forward who ran the ball out against them would be the subject of a 10m bidding war.

10 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Amazing what happens if you play a Striker who is built like a fridge up front instead of out wide

He did play up front for us in the Scottish Championship but never hit the same levels of performance as he has for Ipswich.  For Ipswich he looks like a completely different player.  Waghorn's taking the corners, scoring free-kicks, setting up chances from open play, and scoring freely.  

Maybe he fell victim to some of Warburton's tactics.  We never crossed corners in to the box, Tavernier too all the direct free-kicks, and he often found himself out wide once promoted.  

If you get a club that’s run properly and a style of play that actually suits the players you bring in then you get success. Why magic hat bought Garner for his system I’ll never know. Pedro was then just a bomb and got shot of everyone 

15 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

It's nuts mate. The papes big up their player so that even the shite ones are £10m men, we slag fuck out ours and give them constant shit and drive them out the club for shite fees or pay offs then complain when they get sold on for a bigger fee.

The same is likely to happen with Alfredo and Windass. Some fans don't realise how much they are damaging the brand

Difference is they are winning the league.

I almost always relentlessly slag off the board, but well fucking done lads if we're getting 10% of 8m for Waghorn! Great bit of business. 

This is my point about why we need to start turning players over and getting them down to England. If someone like morelos (or anyone) and an English club fancies him, get him sold straight away for a healthy profit and a sell on clause included. As sad as it may sound this is our future. 

On 24/07/2018 at 07:41, Rfc52 said:

Why though.  Both players were sold for less than a million. Both players hounded as being absolutely shite. A manager who hated anyone that he took a dislike to basically let them walk out the club.

Not one person on here that I recall said at the time, "we better have put a sell on clause in"

Correct, The problem with insisting you have a sell on clause is that it’s part of a negotiation. If a buying club agrees to it then it will probably mean they insist on paying less for the player. What do you accept, more guaranteed cash or a gamble sell a n fee. If your business is desperate for the cash there’s only one winner 

34 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Correct, The problem with insisting you have a sell on clause is that it’s part of a negotiation. If a buying club agrees to it then it will probably mean they insist on paying less for the player. What do you accept, more guaranteed cash or a gamble sell a n fee. If your business is desperate for the cash there’s only one winner 

But if we lost 10% in the deal its worth the risk for 10% of a much bigger deal. Obviously not many will go on to bigger things but its worth the gamble. In this case 25k might bring us in 800k.

The dark side have made a fortune buying cheap and selling dear while we have been doing it the other way round. Thankfully it looks like the club is starting to address that.

On 24/07/2018 at 06:42, graeme_4 said:

You met our board? 

On 24/07/2018 at 07:18, Ozblue said:

Sell on clause?  With the shite we have got rid of and the shite we're hoping to get rid of, the Rangers idea of a "Sell on clause" is basicially how much we have to pay to terminate their fucking contracts.

On 24/07/2018 at 08:24, scottyc06 said:

I would be very surprised if either of them have sell on fees! 

On 24/07/2018 at 08:45, Courtyard Bear said:

Shocked that folk think we have a board that would actually have that sort of forward thinking. 

On 24/07/2018 at 08:52, FlippinEck said:

I liked waggy but the game at parkhead where he missed chances was the end for me too unfortunately. Glad he's doing well but pissed it's not to our benefit re a sell on clause. You think if we are letting players go for nominal fees we'd have even larger sell on clauses upwards of 20%. St mirren get 30 percent of Mcginn leaving hibs which is probably why hibs are driving a hard bargain. 

On 24/07/2018 at 08:52, gers31 said:

Shocking how our board cave in when a shit offer comes in that's probably why we are ripping up contracts instead of selling our shit lol. 

Bet you all feel silly now.

half the time we get undercut is due to these sort of attitudes, Some of our fans are just miserable moaning cunts who think their opinions should be noted when actually they know fuck all.

6 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

half the time we get undercut is due to these sort of attitudes, Some of our fans are just miserable moaning cunts who think their opinions should be noted when actually they know fuck all.

So the papers are telling the truth this time. ??

Let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill here. This has happened once and once only, with Waghorn. Mckay got punted for fuck all and low and behold he can’t hold down a place at Forest. Garner not done a lot at Ipswich. Kiernan same. Crooks same. If Derby want to pay £8million for Waghorn then more fool them. 28 and he has only scored 76 career goals. For a striker that’s woeful. And for the record we are actually stood to make 800k if he does get sold (10% clause). 

34 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Not really no

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

So we get undercut because we post about it don't talk shit end of day our board are a bunch of usless cunts. We have made no profit off players since we got back to the Premier and your happy about that? 

3 minutes ago, gers31 said:

So we get undercut because we post about it don't talk shit end of day our board are a bunch of usless cunts. We have made no profit off players since we got back to the Premier and your happy about that? 

Made a profit off McKay he was from the youth even if it was buttons, and looks like we’re getting more than we payed for waghorn plus the 250000 we sold him for, Not bad business tbf

Some ppl just can’t accept anything the board does, for me the board have turned things round since mini Murray went and should be applauded for some things they do, bringing Gerrard in and bank rolling him is an absolute coup Tbh.

i don’t mean folk on a football forum I mean our fans in general would rather slag the fuck out of our best assets like windass Morelos Wallace it’s madness, just because they ain’t good enough for us doesn’t make them shit footballers

15 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Made a profit off McKay he was from the youth even if it was buttons, and looks like we’re getting more than we payed for waghorn plus the 250000 we sold him for, Not bad business tbf

Some ppl just can’t accept anything the board does, for me the board have turned things round since mini Murray went and should be applauded for some things they do, bringing Gerrard in and bank rolling him is an absolute coup Tbh.

i don’t mean folk on a football forum I mean our fans in general would rather slag the fuck out of our best assets like windass Morelos Wallace it’s madness, just because they ain’t good enough for us doesn’t make them shit footballers

If Gerrard doesn't win a trophy, they've done fuck all right

29 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Some ppl couldn’t get a brass neck with a blow torch.

Aye right enough, saying I would be surprised if we put a sell on clause on a transfer of someone we didn’t rate & then finding out they did is a total brass neck! 

?‍♂️ What a boring cunt!