How did Kenny Dalglish and Danny McGrain do it?

I would say the fault must lie with Rangers. Given the choice, both of them would have signed for us over them. I've always wondered, how the fuck did Rangers not see a talent like Dalglish, and if they did see it, why didn't we sign him. Never thought about it hard enough to look into it right enough and still can't be bothered lol.

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

And it is common knowledge that Dalglish did play/train for Rangers, but was classified as far too small to be a footballer.

One off KD's hero was SAF.

I wasn't aware he trained with us. That kinda fucks up my last post lol

5 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

I would say the fault must lie with Rangers. Given the choice, both of them would have signed for us over them. I've always wondered, how the fuck did Rangers not see a talent like Dalglish, and if they did see it, why didn't we sign him. Never thought about it hard enough to look into it right enough and still can't be bothered lol.

My understanding was the Rangers assessment on dalglish was that he was a talented footballer by too small and slight to make it in the professional game. 

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He certainly did mate - he lived close to SAF and he'd even walk to Ibrox or get a lift with Ferguson.

That makes it even worse that we never gave him a chance. I hated that he played for the taigs, but he was always my favourite player at Liverpool. Him and Rush were deadly.

Just now, SheriffHood said:

That makes it even worse that we never gave him a chance. I hated that he played for the taigs, but he was always my favourite player at Liverpool. Him and Rush were deadly.

Seriously fucking back error of judgement - it went thru maheid every time I watched Liverpool in the 80's.

Recently I have heard that both Dalglish & Souness have offered to help our manager, perhaps advise would be their only ability at the moment. 

I am sure Dalglish and Jardine played for the same school team and were on our books. Jardine got offered a professional contract and Dalglish released. I think the hand written assessment on Dalglish used to sit in our trophy room but that could be myth and fokelore.