How did Kenny Dalglish and Danny McGrain do it?

We fucked up about both players.

We have to accept that and move on.

History cannot be written again to make it more palatable, we said no to the players (not sure about McGrain to be fair I know we did with Kenny). nobody gets everything correct and we fucked up, end of.

As for Kenny, his name is more familiar in the corridors of Anfield than it is in the peadodome.

3 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Turncoats are always the worse...?

Totally agree guy like these always had other options (as did Brown) if you really are a Ranger you simply sign elsewhere but never ever for the scum.  Not being uber staunch just stating my view.

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Don't think McGrain played for Rangers - I believe Rangers & the timmigrants could have signed him, but at the time Rangers backed off - thinking he's one of them, with a Christian name like Danny. 

That’s exactly what happened 

2 hours ago, Bighouse said:

We showed no interst in Dalglish. The taigs were reigning European champions and asked permission to sign him from his father. 

Mr Dalglish obviously felt if we had no interest it represented the only decent opportunity his son would get to be a professional footballer.

What a crock of shite that is mate. 

If the reigning european champions are interested in signing you then there is without a doubt going to be other options 

20 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Totally agree guy like these always had other options (as did Brown) if you really are a Ranger you simply sign elsewhere but never ever for the scum.  Not being uber staunch just stating my view.

Its not being uber staunch at all, the thought of representing that mob would turn the stomach of 99% of bears imo. 

What I now say with regards to players playing for them or even people who got to support them is simple ... If you want to go and surround yourself with a club and people who are anti Protestant anti British and sing songs glorying the Ira then that’s fine just don’t expect any respect from me or any other level headed sensible individual and don’t go crying “bigot” or “sectarianism” when this clear obvious fact is pointed out to you .... usually the response is something like “ aye but Rangers fans do this n that” or “naw ats naw wit it’s like “ etc etc ... the truth will set you free ???...

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've read that both were raised the Ibrox way and even cheered on Rangers when they were on celtic's books.  How did they make the change from blue to green?  Wasn't it hard for them?  Both are celtic icons and to think that they started out on our side.  

I heard the titanic sunk

If I was to be good enough to have been a professional footballer, there is not an ounce of a chance that I would have my family name associated with an oirish timmigrant football club. 

And with their paedophilic criminal history - there's equal or less chance I would allow my son to go there. 

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I'm sure shortly after this, bjk, said that if there were 2 players of equal ability to be signed, one kafflik and one Protestant - then he'd try and sign the Protestant, because there was no way that Rangers would be signing the kafflik.

But still, at the end of the day, they're a terrorist, fenian, slimy football club, and even with the success bjk, brought, a Protestant he was, (he put their shite club on the map) - they have still never had a non kafflik director. 

Wasn’t one a Jew who complained about anti-semitism from celtic fans? 

I'm sure it was neither's emotional choice, simply the fact that cellic provided them with the opportunity to pursue their professional career.

Quite interesting that both carried out their careers in a highly professional manner, and were never involved in controversy, and did not disrespect our club in their time at porkheid. . I respect them highly for that. 

I also respected them as great players too, imagine what a difference they could have made to us. Jardine and McGrain were probably the closest to World Class any Scottish defender has been, and as for Kenny's record.......

51 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wasn’t one a Jew who complained about anti-semitism from celtic fans? 

Can't remember that - but that would be their culture.

Nevertheless, but on the same point that I'm puzzled with they twisted kafflik fannies, how could a christian enterprise, not support the chosen Christian people.

Perhaps that's why WATP

Edit: even the holocaust museum in Jerusalem, first pic in reception, is their papish pius 2nd I think it was.

9 hours ago, Brubear said:

I am sure Dalglish and Jardine played for the same school team and were on our books. Jardine got offered a professional contract and Dalglish released. I think the hand written assessment on Dalglish used to sit in our trophy room but that could be myth and fokelore.

Sandy was from Edinburgh and KD from Glasgow, so think same schools was not possible.