The Negativity On Here

We need to win the league.

Until we have a team that is capable of doing that then the negativity will continue. There was a surge in optimism when Gerrard was announced as manager, I guess a feeling that, like the Souness revolution, there would be an influx of high calibre players. All we have seen is more of the same kind of signings we have seen for the last few seasons.

I have argued about the market we are shopping in being misfits, youngsters with potential or retirees. so i get that we can't attract the cream of the players but I equally understand the negativity around relatively unknown signings and loanees.

This latest team has a lot of development to do but as I said elsewhere I haven't seen too much to suggest that we are ready to challenge for the title

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's the abuse that bothers me... apparently Ryan Jack is a rat and Josh Windass is a Turkish vertical rotisserie kebab. 

Disgusting stuff.

Exactly mate, then then you've got guys coming on and slagging Gerrard's geography knowledge. Did anybody ever feel the need to ask Walter what the capital of Peru was at a presser?

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think a lot of the criticisms are justified to be honest as we’ve been pretty poor in the games albeit undefeated - we are going to come up a right cropper first decent team we play 

Morelos looked back on form last night but that midfield and attack force looks shocking imo especially the midfield it’s all far too dogged with no creativity 

these are easy games we are playing just now 

The brutal reality is they're not. This is the level we're at now. Not to say we can't progress, but that's years away. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

The brutal reality is they're not. This is the level we're at now. Not to say we can't progress, but that's years away. 

Easy in the sense that they aren’t top teams but we are made to look like we are a better side than we are by winning them - don’t get me wrong I’ll take it all day long but I’ve got my eyes on a few steps ahead when the real challenges will come and celtic for example will boss that midfield with ease 

46 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

OP makes a decent point. We win a tricky away tie and get about 2 hours of positive posts then it’s straight onto - Tav is shite, Murphy did nothing, not sure about Kent...

As a Support we are right to be sceptical, but it is becoming fashionable to rip into certain players 

That’s not to say we don’t criticise as that is the whole point of a forum, but it can be draining.

what if....tav was shite and Murphy did do nothing? i thought it was a decent performance and good result. But there are negative aspects as were pointed out. If tav stopped looking like such a liability at the back when defending and Murphy contributed something tangible to the game, then It would be all gold.

There are topics on Coulibaly and Alfredo in the BD specifically praising both as well as topics on the defence and Mcgregor - also praising them.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Exactly mate, then then you've got guys coming on and slagging Gerrard's geography knowledge. Did anybody ever feel the need to ask Walter what the capital of Peru was at a presser?

If he was playing in Peru, I'd expect the manager of Rangers to know what continent he was in. Basic standards along with the suit and brogues.

Anyway, I merely criticised it. I wouldn't call him a rat or the most delicious of donner kebabs because of it, unlike some. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

what if....tav was shite and Murphy did do nothing? i thought it was a decent performance and good result. But there are negative aspects as were pointed out. If tav stopped looking like such a liability at the back when defending and Murphy contributed something tangible to the game, then It would be all gold.

There are topics on Coulibaly and Alfredo in the BD specifically praising both as well as topics on the defence and Mcgregor - also praising them.

In those topics, there are folk saying that they thought they were shite though.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What annoys me is that up until we play a team, I keep hearing "This team are decent, we will do well to get a result", "This mob beat PSV home and away last year", "Croatian teams are no mugs, their national team got to the WC final".

We then win this tricky away tie and then all of a sudden its just because to opposition were shite.

Maybe just maybe they were a decent outfit and we didnt get things all our own way because they are not bad at football.  

They are a middle of the road side who has a good leg against PSV a year ago - that’s it - loads of people myself included said before the game Osijek aren’t anything special and last night showed it 

don’t get me wrong, on the grand scheme going away to Croatia and winning 1-0 is never a bad result but we have so much improving to do and some don’t see it because of these results against piss poor sides 

It’s weird. It’s almost like post admin we’ve expected even more. If we aren’t battering all opposition home and away by multiple goals every game then we’re shite. 

Even in the Smith and Advocaat years we didn’t steamroll everybody with far greater resources than we do now. We lost games. Under WS particularly some of the performances would make your eyes bleed. 

I think we forget that at times. 

Might be a generational thing for some of the youngsters. Didn’t live through 9IAR, so just have this vision of us battering everyone with our world class players. It wasn’t like that though, and won’t ever be like that. Lower leagues and what we went through seem to have fucked a lot of people’s perspectives. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is utterly embarrassing tbh, most can't wait to put the boot in weirdly enough. 

Discuss. 

I think a lot wanted us to lose so they could say "we knew this would happen".

Personally, I was looking forward to seeing the players and I liked the game from a technical point of view, not a flair style of view. We were not pretty but the job was done and it was good to see the new lads run out and say "fuck this I am having some of it" (well that's what it seemed like to me).

Just wait until they come home and face the full weight of Ibrox behind them.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

They are a middle of the road side who has a good leg against PSV a year ago - that’s it - loads of people myself included said before the game Osijek aren’t anything special and last night showed it 

don’t get me wrong, on the grand scheme going away to Croatia and winning 1-0 is never a bad result but we have so much improving to do and some don’t see it because of these results against piss poor sides 

I agree we have to improve, the result was overall better then the performance last night, although I would say the performance wasnt bad.

Its just that the criticism could be a little more constructive and upbeat. Its depressing as fuck at times!

For instance, some of Tavs defending was poor and it could have cost us, but some of it was actually decent, and he put in a marvelous ball to get us the win. I feel that many on his back refuse to even acknowledged the good that he done and just absolutely slate him. It has to be balanced.

The abuse and name calling is a bit off but deserved in most instances as the performances, heavy defeats and general lack of effort in previous seasons has left some supporters with a cynical outlook towards the team. We need a consistent season of winning football with a trophy at the end of it to change the attitudes of some.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

In those topics, there are folk saying that they thought they were shite though.

yes true, but if you look at the recent reactions they are all positive - so it cuts both ways. Thats because they played well. If tav stops defending like a special needs case and murphy actually gets involved then they will get praise as well.

Are we quick to judge players? yes,  - but i think its balanced out when they play well, because then we overhype them into world beaters, so it balances itself out.