The Negativity On Here

6 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Spot on with the comments re Coulibaly. Some of our support are so fickle. Lets make a judgement on the lad after we’ve seen him play a dozen games. He did nothing out of the ordinary last night. So the same people that are hailing him as the next Kante will be the same crowd that label him pish after a bad game. There seems to be no middle ground with some of our support. How many times has somebody been labelled amazing after one game. Seen it with Jeremy Clement after a game against hearts in PLGs era, seen it with McCrorie, ffs I even remember Jack getting the same plaudits! 

It's emotional immaturity.

For some, over-reaction is all that is possible. No cause and effect, no subtlety, complexity or ambiguity. Everything is black & white and in block capitals. LEGEND! SHITE!

Morelos can be great one game, poor the next. That's fine and as expected at our current level of competition. Some seem to have a difficulty grasping that.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

The filth aside, they were as good as we’ll face in the league this season IMO. 

And even then they could probably give celtic a hard time over two legs.

This forum is ridiculous at times, even when we win away from home against a very decent side some then criticise the opposition, it's like they can't accept positivity and so find any reason to invalidate us winning.

9 hours ago, adam2102 said:

OP makes a decent point. We win a tricky away tie and get about 2 hours of positive posts then it’s straight onto - Tav is shite, Murphy did nothing, not sure about Kent...

As a Support we are right to be sceptical, but it is becoming fashionable to rip into certain players 

That’s not to say we don’t criticise as that is the whole point of a forum, but it can be draining.

First away win in ten years....speaks volumes for me. Performance is fuck all... results are what count,

I am pleased.??????

Negativity? Realism? Cold assesment? 

Ultimately any Rangers team/player/manager will be judged against them. At the moment, offensively, we are miles behind them. For that reason i think they will win the league. However, our back 5 and (hopefully as Coulibaly, Arfield settle) defensive midfield area is very comparable. We need quality up top, scouting is vital. Get that right over the next 12 months and we can genuinely go for it next season. 

Let's get it right if we're going to play like we did last night for the rest of the season we're in trouble.

The result was perfect but the performances over the last 3 games have been far from great, not being negative. It's pretty understandable with so many new faces. I'm hoping for Gerrard to drill in a certain style of play as at the minute we're really disjointed.

I'm still relatively confident we'll be getting a better calibre man up top. Gerrard seems to be correcting the obvious flaws and up top we're bare.

Currently reserving judgment as my opinions change game by game but i guess thats what happens since being sold short and fucked over too many times in recent years, however i do feel a bit more positive for the forthcoming season .

12 hours ago, gj923 said:

No silverware since 2011 coupled with two consecutive 3rd place finishes does that to you.

We have been far from convincing in the 3 competitive games this season so far - yes they where decent results especially last night however that does not translate to challenging for the league.

Personally I remain unconvinced by a lot of the squad and I am concerned by the two strikers we currently have.

Glory hunter.

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Let's get it right if we're going to play like we did last night for the rest of the season we're in trouble.

The result was perfect but the performances over the last 3 games have been far from great, not being negative. It's pretty understandable with so many new faces. I'm hoping for Gerrard to drill in a certain style of play as at the minute we're really disjointed.

I'm still relatively confident we'll be getting a better calibre man up top. Gerrard seems to be correcting the obvious flaws and up top we're bare.

Three games, ya daft bastard. Disjointed after three games. Patience is a virtue.

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ultimately any Rangers team/player/manager will be judged against them. At the moment, offensively, we are miles behind them. For that reason i think they will win the league. However, our back 5 and (hopefully as Coulibaly, Arfield settle) defensive midfield area is very comparable. We need quality up top, scouting is vital. Get that right over the next 12 months and we can genuinely go for it next season. 

Kinda laught at them being better ‘offensively’ - works on different levels! 

They have a better attack, and are more offensive! :pipe: 

21 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's the abuse that bothers me... apparently Ryan Jack is a rat and Josh Windass is a Turkish vertical rotisserie kebab. 

Disgusting stuff.

What the fuck has Rossiter got to do with it? :hmmm:

21 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

It doesn't matter how good we become or how much players improve there are some who will NEVER be happy. 

Stop the bheasts getting another title and I'll be happy. Last game aside we have looked shite all over (and even the last game wasn't much better) so people have every right to be critical, if we play well I think people give the team thir dues. Play shite and people are pissed off because they see the bigger picture - that we still won't challenge the scum and that leads to them getting another title. 

I’m not sure why people say that Osijek are shite etc. 

Hadn’t not scored in Europe at home since 2000 and have been beat twice in their last 10 euro matches before they played us. 

They aren’t the best team we’ll face but they certainly aren’t pushovers and are probably better than 8-9 teams in our league

11 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Not far off with that, but I'll go further in that we will will get it right up front this season as we have more options in players and formations. Get Tav moved up one. Morelos needs to fucking chill and sort his psycho issues and just do it consistently.

I'm not too disappointed thus far. They all need more playing time together and I am confident we will see a significant improvement in confidence and playing style to take the battle to their front door. Stifle the scum's attack force and we are in. Also our physicality is night and day from last season and Gerrard is just not for tolerating shrinking violets.

I am forever hopeful that we do it this season and I see more promise noe than in the last 6 years.

21 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Far better result than people are realising tbh.

Osijek probably sit somewhere between Aberdeen and celtic quality wise. So winning away and keeping a clean sheet in a two-legged tie is a quality result.

I have a Croatian pal who is a Rijeka supporter that made a bet with me that Osijek would give us a doing in Croatia, so I've got a free night on the booze coming up; I don't know if he's game enough to back them at Ibrox, though. His reasoning was that Osijek/Croation football were higher ranked than us/Scotland. I admit I had never heard of Osijek at all, so I did the old Google search and I soon found out why he was so confident.

I don't know where they sit quality wise regarding Scottish teams, but we are the first team to keep them scoreless in Europe since the year 2000 when they drew 0-0 with Brondby of Denmark, which meant they had scored at least once in their last 13 home Euro games, so considering our alleged lack of firepower, we were going to need at least 1 goal to get anything from the game. In those 13 home games they had Won 9, Lost 3, Drawn 1 ........In those 13 away games they have Won 6. Lost 5, Drawn 2, so although I'm confident of going through, it still could be a nailbiter if we don't score first.

I'm  going to start the process of forming a group of fellow Gers fans who feel strongly about the general negativity in the support.

I am hoping to unite us under a common banner of "Say No, No, No To Negativity" and would like to organise meetings say once a month for group hugs and cuddles and general pats on the back.

Remember folks, don't get crabby, just get happy