***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are asked to get behind Gerrard and support him, not to be deluded by him. Just remember, he's no fuckin playing anymore.

I’m far from thinking we’ve turned the corner but that was a decent performance tonight. We’ve had gone out if it wasn’t for McGregor is laughable ? you sir a pessimistic prick 

That was a good team performance tonight against a good side every game we are getting better each time a few great individual performances Kent, Coulibaly, McGregor, Katic, Candeias to name a few all had a great game tonight delighted with how we are looking 

Through to the 3rd round , only conceded one goal, while a new manager is trying to bed in new players and install heart to a gutless shower, I dont get any negativity, we just seen off a decent team, as good as we'll face outwith the tarriers in the league and been comfortable, whilst clearly a team still in development, still lots to come from this team but some decent performances tonight and overall a very good result for the club.

Get Windass out and stop giving Halliday minutes please. How is Windass getting on ahead of Middleton?

If someone could teach Tav how to defend even to semi decent standard that would be great, Goldson and Candeias could actually focus on doing their own jobs

Jack needs to stop trying to play football on the edge of our own box as well

Other than that loads of good performances, McGregor world class, Katic brilliant, Coulibaly brilliant and Candeias amazing has to be our starter down the right hand side.

Glad we shut this mob up and sent them back to Croatia with a slice of humble pie now lets stuff Maribor and see who we get!

11 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

If we can remain consistent and solid at the back in the SPL, and we manage to create 10 good chances a game taking 1 or 2 of them we're in with a massive shout, i dont expect us to score every time we break away. But we do look like we can counter very well, I think the more the team play together, with 1 or 2 more faces I think the mhanks are in for a nervy season! 

As for Ejaria he looks like he could rack up tonnes of assists if he can release the ball a split second earlier IMO, he does all the twisting and turning well just doesn't look up quick enough to release it and ends up losing the ball.

Seeing us play tonight reminded me a lot of the reds the gaffer just left with the quick break forward and try and hit on the counter with a strong defence (obv Tav a bit questionable at times)

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fucking right mate. If anyone thinks that shite is any good, then they must have only been watching Rangers since 2012

Since 2012, sake, then get real, that is the best YOU have ever watched.

:angrywillie:

1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

that was quick. emails out for next round. payment tomorrow lol. anyway. time to head to the OT to see whos getting slashed the nikt. probably me. 

Is that you back fae yer holidays already.

Just now, Jam_piece said:

that was quick. emails out for next round. payment tomorrow lol. anyway. time to head to the OT to see whos getting slashed the nikt. probably me. 

Get yer glove box out for the boys lets celebrate a great result and fucking lets go we are a much better team now.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Winners know from hard-won experience and talent what it takes to win.  SG is a winner.  A proven winner.   Instilling a winning mentality into the side is vital and he seems to me to be doing just that.   Here's hoping he can add some more quality to the side and that it'll make big strides in improving even more.    

A great night for Rangers and for the Support.  Well done SG and well done Rangers.   It's great to be looking forward to another European game.  Its starting to put us back on the European football map and long may it continue.   

Such a big change from the shambles last season. 

Gerrard's signings have brought steel to the team and a step up in quality, but the old failings remain with Tav's defending and Morelos a waster in front of goal and the less said about Windass the better.

Shagger was immense and he won us us that game. A lesser keeper as in Wes would have had three past him, but it should never have came to that had we made more of our counter attacking. We need a step up in a striker and that fucking donkey Morelos aint it. Let him prove me wrong.

I thought we were brilliant tonight..........great result......... really encouraging for the season ahead.

Alan McGregor and Katic were simply outstanding but the entire side showed great character and workrate until the final whistle.

Performances can undoubtedly get better but see tonight I don't give a fuck.

After last year for us to be in the 3rf qualifying round is superb for us and the direction were heading in.

Can analyse shit all you want but all that matters is being through.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought we were superb at times. Really good performance and just a much better all round feeling about the place the now 

How good are Osijek ? they had some good players, dont know what to think, im glad were thro, id love us to sign Barisic and Arfield is a straight swap for Ejaria for me.  it will take us a bit longer to gel. would like to see us try another system than 4-3-3. we are still missing loads of chances but im really pleased were thro and the atmosphere at times tonight was brilliant. 

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Get yer glove box out for the boys lets celebrate a great result and fucking lets go we are a much better team now.

am celebrating auld yin. ibrox bars got thd banjo music on. YAAAAAAAS.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

How good are Osijek ? they had some good players, dont know what to think, im glad were thro, id love us to sign Barisic and Arfield is a straight swap for Ejaria for me.  it will take us a bit longer to gel. would like to see us try another system than 4-3-3. we are still missing loads of chances but im really pleased were thro and the atmosphere at times tonight was brilliant. 

Honestly thought they were decent. And no mugs. Last year they knock us out comfortably imo

4 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Keep getting messages from her asking what you're up to and I'm sad to reply that you're being quiet.

Gonnae up to anti for her sake please?

Archived