***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought we were superb at times. Really good performance and just a much better all round feeling about the place the now 

Really???

Delighted to get through but is there a massive improvement?

Personally,  I'm really disappointed with the performance though not dismayed, it was disciplined but the lack of quality and poor decision making is there for EVERYONE to see

Mixed Emotions - the fortress is just a dam at the moment but it's early doors and more signings to come

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Honestly thought they were decent. And no mugs. Last year they knock us out comfortably imo

They were a good team for being relatively unknowns, think they handled the atmosphere quite well to.

9 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are asked to get behind Gerrard and support him, not to be deluded by him. Just remember, he's no fuckin playing anymore.

That team has played TWO competitive games together, even Stevie Wonder can see we are improving, I'll judge them more after 4 or 5 weeks of playing together.   Tonight we managed the game well & a bit more composure we could have had 3 or 4.  SG subs seemed odd was my main concern. 

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

How good are Osijek ? they had some good players, dont know what to think, im glad were thro, id love us to sign Barisic and Arfield is a straight swap for Ejaria for me.  it will take us a bit longer to gel. would like to see us try another system than 4-3-3. we are still missing loads of chances but im really pleased were thro and the atmosphere at times tonight was brilliant. 

Thought they were good technically but had no real punch.

Henty summed them up - great touches & technique but no great pace & no brain.

14 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Winners know from hard-won experience and talent what it takes to win.  SG is a winner.  A proven winner.   Instilling a winning mentality into the side is vital and he seems to me to be doing just that.   Here's hoping he can add some more quality to the side and that it'll make big strides in improving even more.    

A great night for Rangers and for the Support.  Well done SG and well done Rangers.   It's great to be looking forward to another European game.  Its starting to put us back on the European football map and long may it continue.   

Such a big change from the shambles last season. 

Post of the night 

And short .Not like you ??

Just now, 1bluebaba said:

Really???

Personally,  I'm really disappointed with the performance though not dismayed, it was disciplined but the lack of quality and poor decision making is there for EVERYONE to see

Mixed Emotions - the fortress is just a dam at the moment but it's early doors and more signings to come

fuck up. 

Some poor decision making at times, Tav getting better but still with some odd positional choices and at times staying too far up the pitch. Thought generally a good game, not perfect by any means and still need to get sharper in the lead up play. Morelos had a decent game and I'd of had money on him scoring if the passes had come at the right time. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

That team has played TWO competitive games together, even Stevie Wonder can see we are improving, I'll judge them more after 4 or 5 weeks of playing together.   Tonight we managed the game well & a bit more composure we could have had 3 or 4.  SG subs seemed odd was my main concern. 

Work in progress. :tu:

Just now, HG5 said:

Thought they were good technically but had no real punch.

Henty summed them up - great touches & technique but no great pace & no brain.

They just thumped Split who themselves thumped someone else out of Europe tonight 

Happy days ?

They were a good test. Fucking tenacious and never let up.

However, in Europe you've got to put away your chances to succeed and we ended up scraping through thanks to shagger.

We passed tonight, but we need those balls in the back of the net if we are to progress even further. 

encouraging performance but still left feeling frustrated at our chances created to goals ratio. Really need to do better.

The team is still settling in but would love us to push the boat out and spend money on a proven goal scorer.

Just now, 1bluebaba said:

Really???

Fucking no pleasing some. It's 4 competitive games into his tenure and bar a deflected shot we wouldn't have conceded a goal.

We are creating, wee morelos looks dangerous again and the team seem to.be getting better each week. 

We've just knocked out a side who last season beat Psv home and away whilst we got knocked out off of Luxembourgs 4th best side. It's night and day 

Still improvement needed but I didn't even fancy us to knock the Croats out.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Fucking no pleasing some. It's 4 competitive games into his tenure and bar a deflected shot we wouldn't have conceded a goal.

We are creating, wee morelos looks dangerous again and the team seem to.be getting better each week. 

We've just knocked out a side who last season beat Psv home and away whilst we got knocked out off of Luxembourgs 4th best side. It's night and day 

He was brilliant tonight

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:tu:

I thought we would struggle against that mob. So the fact we got through without huge difficulty is a great result. Just a late deflected goal or else would've been four cleans sheets out of four.

Looks like we've got potential to step it up from here as well. It'll be tough against maribor but going by our performances so far it is possible we could beat them. 

Archived