***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheMotor said:

That side are comfortably better than any SPFL team bar the beasts and they would give them a run for their money.

4 - 6 weeks from now, we'll be a serious team.

Precisely that - think we've proved a lot with both performances against them. Last 2 seasons, we would not have been capable of this sort of organisation and determination in our performance.

16 minutes ago, 1bluebaba said:

Really???

Delighted to get through but is there a massive improvement?

Personally,  I'm really disappointed with the performance though not dismayed, it was disciplined but the lack of quality and poor decision making is there for EVERYONE to see

Mixed Emotions - the fortress is just a dam at the moment but it's early doors and more signings to come

I genuinely wonder if pricks like you know anything about football! What game are you watching? 

It’s not a fortress and it probably won’t be for a few years yet. We’ve been shite for years and not even finished second but right now there should be nothing but positivity. We are a much better team already than we have been that much is unquestionable. Manager has started well, sorted the defence out and got some decent players in ahead of that. Make no mistake Osijek are no mugs. 

What more are you actually hoping for considering the league season hasn’t even started yet? 

Fucking unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

That Croatian side are comfortably better than any SPFL team bar the beasts and they would give them a run for their money.

4 - 6 weeks from now, we'll be a serious team.

I'd agree with that will be one of the toughest teams we play.

48 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are out on our arse if it wasnt for McGregor. Its not good enough. Another long long and weary season looms ahead.

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No shagger and we're losing and we were the better team imo. He was fucking outstanding.

We should never have been in the position with the amount of chances, but that's what happens when you have a fucking donkey up front. Poor decision making and chewing grass up his erse. Ah but he worked like fuck the fan club will say.  He wiz pure dead brilliant so he wiz.

Please sell the cunt, but why am I not surprised there's no cunt is interested. I want a fucking striker not a fucking  clueless worker. Let me throw in Windass and Tav, pure dead brilliant so they Them fucking three are not what we need. Ah but.

Ruined a great spectacle, with some outstanding performaces, but at least we're through.

31 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are asked to get behind Gerrard and support him, not to be deluded by him. Just remember, he's no fuckin playing anymore.

Jesus fucking Christ. ?

The Reverend Jolly did spray his seed it seems......

I hear people going on about a proven goal scorer but it was our decision making in the final third was what let us down. Can remember us missing many sitters apart from the couibally one at the beginning. We need a proper creative midfielder or someone who plays behind the striker to put that extra Little bit of quality And good decision making. That midfield to striker link of that Killer pass is what's needed 

The negativity on here sometimes is ridiculous. Compare this to last year. Solid performance with a bit to go still. I'd have taken a 1-1 draw before the game as I'd imagine most supporters would. Looking forward to the next round now ??

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I genuinely wonder if pricks like you know anything about football! What game are you watching? 

It’s not a fortress and it probably won’t be for a few years yet. We’ve been shite for years and not even finished second but right now there should be nothing but positivity. We are a much better team already than we have been that much is unquestionable. Manager has started well, sorted the defence out and got some decent players in ahead of that. Make no mistake Osijek are no mugs. 

What more are you actually hoping for considering the league season hasn’t even started yet? 

Fucking unbelievable. 

There's too many fans think we can bring in 10 new players and suddenly be transformed into Advocaat's  side.

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

I hear people going on about a proven goal scorer but it was our decision making in the final third was what let us down. Can remember us missing many sitters apart from the couibally one at the beginning. We need a proper creative midfielder or someone who plays behind the striker to put that extra Little bit of quality And good decision making. That midfield to striker link of that Killer pass is what's needed 

A ferguson type and we hope Arfield can do that role.

Maybe an added benefit of the great result tonight and moving into the next round will be to loosen some more of Dave King's purse strings to fund the additional players SG wants......and with the way SG has got the team playing make more quality players sit up and take notice about the prospect of playing for Rangers under SG.

23 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fucking no pleasing some. It's 4 competitive games into his tenure and bar a deflected shot we wouldn't have conceded a goal.

We are creating, wee morelos looks dangerous again and the team seem to.be getting better each week. 

We've just knocked out a side who last season beat Psv home and away whilst we got knocked out off of Luxembourgs 4th best side. It's night and day 

Still improvement needed but I didn't even fancy us to knock the Croats out.

Morelos was class tonight mate and he seemed to enjoy the fans singing his name. Love the wee guy absolute tank 

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

There's too many fans think we can bring in 10 new players and suddenly be transformed into Advocaat's  side.

Yet i think they forget shelbourne away and hearts away in his first few games 

Just now, geneva_ger said:

A ferguson type and we hope Arfield can do that role.

Yes arfield is definitely the one I was thinking would be good at taking the ball from midfield, driving forward and playing in the killer pass so hopefully that will be the case. I thought ejaria and kents decision making wasn't great tonight but they are young lads and worked very hard to win the ball back so can't slate them really. Got to remember the team still needs time to click but all moving in the right direction!

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Jesus fucking Christ. ?

The Reverend Jolly did spray his seed it seems......

It's called a balanced view. 2 outstanding, 6 good and 3 shite and one of those a fucking donkey.

And your point is caller?

Gerrard is the man, but persisting with the donkey in the shop window to get rid, does come with risks, in not fucking winning games like tonight and shagger who was fucking immense, won't be able to save us all the time.

Thought Jack, Katic and McGregor were our best players, thought everyone had a good game apart from Flanagan who I'm still not convinced about on the left.

As a prev post said, that mob are easily better than the vast majority of teams we'll play this season in Scotland.

Good performance - should have won though. Still need to work on that cutting edge.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's called a balanced view. 2 outstanding, 6 good and 3 shite and one of those a fucking donkey.

And your point is caller?

Gerrard is the man, but persisting with the donkey in the shop window to get rid, does come with risks, in not fucking winning games like tonight and shagger who was fucking immense, won't be able to save us all the time.

I don’t think you can see the good for the bad in this case.

Archived