Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

Maybe an added benefit of the great result tonight and moving into the next round will be to loosen some more of Dave King's purse strings to fund the additional players SG wants......and with the way SG has got the team playing make more quality players sit up and take notice about the prospect of playing for Rangers under SG.

Just now, geneva_ger said:

A ferguson type and we hope Arfield can do that role.

Yes arfield is definitely the one I was thinking would be good at taking the ball from midfield, driving forward and playing in the killer pass so hopefully that will be the case. I thought ejaria and kents decision making wasn't great tonight but they are young lads and worked very hard to win the ball back so can't slate them really. Got to remember the team still needs time to click but all moving in the right direction!

geneva_ger likes this

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Jesus fucking Christ. ?

The Reverend Jolly did spray his seed it seems......

It's called a balanced view. 2 outstanding, 6 good and 3 shite and one of those a fucking donkey.

And your point is caller?

Gerrard is the man, but persisting with the donkey in the shop window to get rid, does come with risks, in not fucking winning games like tonight and shagger who was fucking immense, won't be able to save us all the time.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

If Flanagan was left footed he'd be ideal.

Started well and didn't miss a trick. Mentioned many times when they got near our box so he's able to cover where necessary.

Thought Jack, Katic and McGregor were our best players, thought everyone had a good game apart from Flanagan who I'm still not convinced about on the left.

As a prev post said, that mob are easily better than the vast majority of teams we'll play this season in Scotland.

Good performance - should have won though. Still need to work on that cutting edge.

Blue Avenger likes this

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's called a balanced view. 2 outstanding, 6 good and 3 shite and one of those a fucking donkey.

And your point is caller?

Gerrard is the man, but persisting with the donkey in the shop window to get rid, does come with risks, in not fucking winning games like tonight and shagger who was fucking immense, won't be able to save us all the time.

I don’t think you can see the good for the bad in this case.

Just in and not read any of this thread, but well happy with that tonight.

I have not seen a replay of their goal but I think it was maybe a deflection, it was a pity because the save from A McG just before it was fantastic.

Some very good performances tonight and also a good team performance, still a lot of work to do but Stevie G is starting to make a difference IMO.

Next up the :aberdeen: and we need three points. 

BridgeIsBlue likes this

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Started well and didn't miss a trick. Mentioned many times when they got near our box so he's able to cover where necessary.

I thought he played well mate, i wasn't criticising him and i do like Flanagan. But he is very right footed, and personally, i think leftbacks are better when they're left footed, or can at least use their left.

geneva_ger and Bears r us like this

Put the Croatian left back with the bandaged heid in our team and we are getting there. Thought Flanagan did ok but will never be an attacking threat from left back. Kent likes to cut inside so a natural lefty would suit team shape better. 

Good performance. Looked solid, annoyed we gave away the goal at the end. We need to kill.games off passed up 3 or 4 great chances. How did big coulibaly miss right at the start? Jack was brilliant. Hopefully keep the momentum up as we have potentially 4 big euro games and 2 out the first 3 league games are sheep and them

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

Thought Jack, Katic and McGregor were our best players, thought everyone had a good game apart from Flanagan who I'm still not convinced about on the left.

As a prev post said, that mob are easily better than the vast majority of teams we'll play this season in Scotland.

Good performance - should have won though. Still need to work on that cutting edge.

The team will get well better under Gerrard. There is a step up in quality and the much needed steel and grit added, but for some the mould is set and won't make it, as their same failings remain all too apparent and that weakness maybe the difference in winning the title or not.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just in and not read any of this thread, but well happy with that tonight.

I have not seen a replay of their goal but I think it was maybe a deflection, it was a pity because the save from A McG just before it was fantastic.

Some very good performances tonight and also a good team performance, still a lot of work to do but Stevie G is starting to make a difference IMO.

Next up the :aberdeen: and we need three points. 

Deflected of Tav, nothing he could do - McGregor got a foot to it as well, would’ve saved it had it not been for the very slight deflection. 

Bears r us likes this

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I thought he played well mate, i wasn't criticising him and i do like Flanagan. But he is very right footed, and personally, i think leftbacks are better when they're left footed, or can at least use their left.

I think he does not bad, but I agree that him being right footed is a problem and while he might improve with time I think it will always be a problem. 

BlueAvenger and BlueMe like this

I thought you could almost taste the confidence and will to win  from our players tonight. 

Obviously some are better quality than others but there wasn't one failure for effort and grit on that pitch.

Whens the last time we could say that post match?  

geneva_ger and Bears r us like this