***The Official Rangers v NK Osijek thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are very quick to write that mob off. They’re a decent outfit and I was actually mildly impressed with them tonight. 

They’re probably better than 8-9 teams in our league and have a couple of players who are very good, their left back especially. 

It’s a very good result for us over the two legs I think. 

Also, some better decisions from Kent & Ejaria in the second half could have seen us getting at least 2 goals. 

Morelos looks head and shoulders above the player he was in the second half of last season. Hopefully he can keep that up, as it makes such a difference. He needs support up top though.....the boy can't lead the line, hold the ball up and get the goals. 

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’d question that balance if you think Alfredo is a donkey

Donkeys are never reliable creatures and I don't see anyone breaking down the door to sign our very own 10 million pound creature.

Funny that.

Na, I'll stick with the donkey deal thank you and you can stay in your bubble.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Donkeys are never reliable creatures and I don't see anyone breaking down the door to sign our very own 10 million pound creature.

Funny that.

Can't you just be happy his performance was significantly improved tonight off the back of an excellent away goal last week? Hes 21 FFS.

No hes not the finished article but there was much to praise tonight.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Is the White Bear not showing matches?

I heard a horrible rumour it’s not anymore, they’ve moved the games to the *cough* green man.

Usually I try to get down to them for the games but couldn’t get to the pub tonight, would’ve been a good one as well! 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Em, he is our main striker and we need him to put chances away ffs.

He just aint it.

Harsh.

He was asked to play lone striker and was largely our only player in the final 3rd. Every man and his dug could tell he needed support. I've been a critic of his after his end to last season, but he's looking a different player again.

I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. Totally gutted about conceding. Mcgregor made some brilliant saves before that.

Ejaria was really frustrating at times for me, Jack was fantastic tonight though! 

Thought we deserved far more. Scoreline flattered those croat cunts in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Can't you just be happy his performance was significantly improved tonight off the back of an excellent away goal last week? Hes 21 FFS.

No hes not the finished article but there was much to praise tonight.

Age matters not. You've either got it, or you don't and he don't.

Thick as two short ones, slow as a week in the jail, blowing through his erse from chasing lost causes and his finishing ability is woeful. Aye but he worked hard!

Yes he's improved but ffs that wouldn't have been hard to achieve.

The ability or brain just aint there. I want both. We need both to win this fucking title and not make exceptions for those who lack. Workers are ten a penny and achieve little. Quality brings consistency. Consistency wins titles.

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Harsh.

He was asked to play lone striker and was largely our only player in the final 3rd. Every man and his dug could tell he needed support. I've been a critic of his after his end to last season, but he's looking a different player again.

He has always been our lone striker and apart from lone he aint a fucking striker.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Honestly gonae no quote that moron. I've got him on ignore. There's about 2 or 3 cunts using that account. Its as clear as day.

Admin need to sort it out, he/they derail every fucking thread he/they are in. Clear as Day more interested in arguing with folk than actually having a discussion. Absolute fucking moron(s).

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Admin need to sort it out, he/they derail every fucking thread he/they are in. Clear as Day more interested in arguing with folk than actually having a discussion. Absolute fucking moron(s).

Derailing what?

Because an opinion differs from yours?

You're the the one crying out "fucking morons".

I don't miss the irony.

Nay mirrors in your hoose then eh? 

9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. Totally gutted about conceding. Mcgregor made some brilliant saves before that.

Ejaria was really frustrating at times for me, Jack was fantastic tonight though! 

Thought we deserved far more. Scoreline flattered those croat cunts in my opinion.

Don't agree, our midfield was too slow to take advantage and kept making the wrong decisions in the last third, the two wide men did very little the whole night and as you said passing was sloppy. Ejaria should start taking the ball with him when he beats a man and we still have a big big problem with both making and taking chances.

5 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Don't agree, our midfield was too slow to take advantage and kept making the wrong decisions in the last third, the two wide men did very little the whole night and as you said passing was sloppy. Ejaria should start taking the ball with him when he beats a man and we still have a big big problem with both making and taking chances.

I'd have taken Ejaria off (and Kent actually instead of Coulibaly) quite a bit earlier than he was.

43 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Funny that.

Gie it a rest ffs.

First post from a long ways away in Canada. Wasn’t a perfect night, some guys fought it at times, but we found a way to win. That’s what good teams do.

Impressed with the fitness and work rate of this squad. Say what you will, but those boys work their asses off. Considering it’s barely August, I like where the teams at. 

Cheers from a long way away. 

Archived