***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, big blue Fin said:

There are players who do that week in week out in scottish football and get away with it even with the ref looking right at them, now a I'm not defending him, he's his own worst enemy but with the fucking corrupt officials in our game we are going to struggle. 

6 minutes added time?

Aberdeen players not booked or sent off (Ball and May)

Rangers players booked for nothing, (Arfield and Goldson)

Yeah this will have opened Steven Gerrard's eyes to what Scottish football is all about.

Thought Aberdeen got the benefit/we didn't from about 4 or 5 yellow calls. Major calls were pretty much right imo. We'll see if it continues through the season that way, as it did last season.

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

thought we won the game 2-1 last season with jack being sent off?????

It was a statement of how I thought our team play was much better and how much our spirit and fitness is also better from last season, I did not mean any game as such, sorry for my poor wording. :happy:

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Been saying for the last three (or more) seasons, when you are overrun in midfield you put too much pressure on your defense, the substitutions reminded me of Murty or Warburton, McCrorie for Jack and Candeias for Windass and we have a much more solid mid. 

Loved our effort and our fitness

You have to ask why the last 2 players we actually needed were used instead of the players we actually needed. 

Thought we were outstanding but it’s still 2 points thrown away. 

6 minutes ago, billscott said:

for goodness sake a draw in the cicumstances was a terrific result  very unlucky not to win

Disagree. 

It was a terrific performance on the whole but if the players and management aren't having a sleepless night tonight gutted about two very late dropped points, and are instead thinking "what a terrific result, we were so unlucky not to win given the circumstances" then they can all fuck off.

Not Lafferty's biggest fan but at least he knows the ball goes inside the net. Probably will get pelters for this but I've run out of patience with this Morelos/Windass experiment; both are simply not good enough for this shirt. The amount of chances we waste is criminal and even down to 10 men we should have beaten them by a couple of goals.

Not the start we were wanting but see massive improvements. Morelos shouldn’t have kicked out. He should’ve been more disciplined. Wouldn’t have brought on Ejaria or Kent. I think Sadiq should’ve came on. 

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

So that counteracts any credit they get for building a team that could go a man down at Pittodrie, go ahead, then easily contain them for almost 90 minutes?

We didn’t contain them they scored. 

I thought we were outstanding but it was the wrong subs, and it was the 2 loans from Liverpool. Why was that??

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's no too early Ffs.

We have st mirren after maribor. Already a must win game. We now can't drop a point before playing child rapist fc

It’s genuine naivety if you seriously think dropping points on the opening day is a blow to the title race, we were excellent today, they got lucky, relax and look forward to Maribor, the team fought like hell today.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Officiating obviously number 1, but Murphy played a big part in us not winning. Really don't rate him at all and had 3+ chances to score or set up a goal and fucked them all.

Don't think you can play him and Windass in the same team, particularly in today's circumstances. 

I think Murphy is a potentially useful option as a 'broken field runner' in certain games, particularly in the last 15 minutes or so against a tired defence, but not a regular starter for me. 

Archived