***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

The difference being, Aberdeen are happy with a point, even with a man advantage for literally the whole game. (2 man advantage if I’m being honest.)

Rangers are disappointed with a point, even though we were a man down.

They’re not even on our level. 

The silver lining is loads of people will have tuned in for this game due to Gerrard, and it’s just been put out into the cold light of day how biased referees are against us.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's like a last minute OF defeat. Hate feeling like this when we have been superb. Can't even get angry yet.

I know we are miles better than last season but the pressure on us is now immense with a gap already 

I'm numb. I've not felt this gutted for a while. We were cheated plain and simple. 

Saying we were very good with 11 and even better with 10 is a magnificent - and richly deserved - vote of confidence for the 10.  And yet another wet fish slap across the chops for Morelos (another version of comments after the game in Croatia where he lambasted the front line for its lack of quality).    Says it as he sees it does our Manager.

And as for defining us as being a class above Aberdeen even with 10 men its another way of saying 'good job Rangers didn't get McInnes as manager'.   

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Really?

He was fucking horsed but that fucking defender.

Aye he was but that's what defenders do. Dont get me wrong it was a bullshit red card but he gave that tarrier fuck Clancy the opportunity. If he doesn't react he's still on the park. 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

i think thats the worrying aspect.  to be so good yet not win the game

Its 2 points dropped.

They don’t put a wee asterisk on the league table to explain we were outstanding. If we are going to go down the route of being tight at the back and winning 1-0 most games then games like today are going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

The difference being, Aberdeen are happy with a point, even with a man advantage for literally the whole game. (2 man advantage if I’m being honest.)

Rangers are disappointed with a point, even though we were a man down.

They’re not even on our level. 

The silver lining is loads of people will have tuned in for this game due to Gerrard, and it’s just been put out into the cold light of day how biased referees are against us.

This. Diddy team mentality

At 11 vs 11 we would have strolled that game.

We were creating chances and pressing throughout. We've got the fitness and the hunger and you can see players working for each other (why the fuck did Windass not pass?). Bit more quality needed in some areas.

Shit result, but a performance they can be proud of.

Disappointed with their goal : Coulibaly looks like he struggles to jump, Tav leaves it, Goldson jumps out the way (perhaps Thursday’s goal was on his mind)

Aside from that the performances were pretty good.

I don’t think Kent and Ejaria were the right subs for today, but I understand why they were brought on. 

It is a difficult one to take. The atmosphere on here would be totally different we’re it not for that goal, but Soemrimes these things happen. I’m not going to moan about thenpoibts droooed because, FFS, it is the first game and every single team will drops points this year.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's like a last minute OF defeat. Hate feeling like this when we have been superb. Can't even get angry yet.

I know we are miles better than last season but the pressure on us is now immense with a gap already 

Exactly how i feel mate. Summed up perfectly. But i do think the league is so competitive this year that both us and them will drop away points this year. 

16 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Looks as if he’s took the huff wae Gerrard or just wants away, he was always dangerous against the sheep last year 

With 11 men his pace is always a danger but down to 10 and in the trenches he hasnt got the fight in him

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Exactly how i feel mate. Summed up perfectly. But i do think the league is so competitive this year that both us and them will drop away points this year. 

I'm not so sure on the last part. Aberdeen are the best of the rest and they were rank all game with an extra man. I hobestly don't see either us or them dropping many points other than against each other.

Sure as fuck would not like to be in the coach travelling back to Glasgow today with SG on it.   Morelos has a long journey to endure with SG having plenty of time to put him right on which way is up if he is to stay at Rangers, and a long way to travel with SG glowering at him.     

Maybe they'll use the journey for a bit of a discussion about how SG and the team are going to set about giving effect to SG's statement about "If that's they way its going to be then we'll get on with it'.   Said by SG with more than a glint of anger in eye and growl in voice...…..as he exits from the interview about as sharpish as any exit gets.  

If there is a consolation for dropping 2 points when all 3 were there for the taking, at least SG has seen and experienced first hand how it is going to be up here.  I reckon he is well up for the challenge.  And well capable of meeting it head on and overcoming, 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Hopefully Gerrard and the players are as pissed off as we are and hammer fuck out of St. Mirren and Motherwell before we play celtic

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not so sure on the last part. Aberdeen are the best of the rest and they were rank all game with an extra man. I hobestly don't see either us or them dropping many points other than against each other.

Last year i would agree but the Edinburgh clubs have both strenghtened this year and look good. Hearts will be the surprise packegae for me this year with that big lad up front and that Garrusco boy already lloking good.

Archived