***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not so sure on the last part. Aberdeen are the best of the rest and they were rank all game with an extra man. I hobestly don't see either us or them dropping many points other than against each other.

Think Hearts could prove the best of the rest this term.

Sheep have lost key players with no obvious replacements.

I think days like today will be the pinnacle of their ambition & achievement this time around.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Aye he was but that's what defenders do. Dont get me wrong it was a bullshit red card but he gave that tarrier fuck Clancy the opportunity. If he doesn't react he's still on the park. 

Talking pish mate. The assistant failed to tell the fenian prick of a ref about the barge. Kind of evens things out. 

Ever played football?

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The last time we drew with them in the first game, we won the league....

Still fucking raging at Tavernier

Tavenier was flattened before the ball dropped for their goal,no freekick,Coulibaly elbowed in the face ,no Red,McKay-Stevens threw the ball at a Rangers player hitting him in the back,no yellow and on and on we go.........Welcome to the Spl Mr Gerrard.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Its 2 points dropped.

They don’t put a wee asterisk on the league table to explain we were outstanding. If we are going to go down the route of being tight at the back and winning 1-0 most games then games like today are going to happen. 

You are right of course. I would have made different substitutions, particularly taking Windass off and bringing Dan Can on. Those things will always be debated. What concerns me most is the simple lack of goals in competitive games, taking chances.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Certainly hope so, fucking hate every team in this league and country

cunts

It's everyone in this country bar us and our support. Leagues corrupt and today showed we can't trust anyone because they want us beat no matter what. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

It's everyone in this country bar us and our support. Leagues corrupt and today showed we can't trust anyone because they want us beat no matter what. 

That's why we need to call out the refs and take the fine

Genuinely thought the refereeing couldn't get any worse than last season

Looks like the pricks are trying to prove me wrong

13 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm numb. I've not felt this gutted for a while. We were cheated plain and simple. 

Feel cheated but underneath the disappointment is a sense of pride in the way we went about our business even with 10 men. Loved SG’s post match analysis, on performance to date his managerial inexperience does not phase me in the slightest...

Having calmed down from my initial anger, a draw is a good result considering we had 10 men for 90% of the game. Obviously a win would have been brilliant and its gutting the way it happened but considering how much we were fucked over I have to acknowledge a draw at Pittodrie with 10 men for almost all of the game is decent.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Genuinely thought the refereeing couldn't get any worse than last season

Looks like the pricks are trying to prove me wrong

I expected it to show but 10 minutes into a new season was abysmal and was clear cheating. I hate saying that as it gives cunt satisfaction and makes us look deluded but it's the truth.

We were cheated and continue to be in this shit house of a country.

I agree. Trouble is those in charge are also the ones allowing it to happen, we are essentially fucked on that front. 

I wonder if this season re Wright tweeting "it was never a sending off  "

Will SG!s pals in the English media Liniker and co  start talking about it more and put pressure on the whole set up here .

You can live in hope ?

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:
13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

but the pressure on us is now immense with a gap already 

Really?

We will improve mate and this is a different game now. The fight in this team is fucking night and day to last season.

We’ve drawn 1-1 with a shite team playing with 10 v 11 for most of the game  but we were blatantly cheated by the officials, Morelos should never have been sent off, they should have had a man sent off at the penalty award, It feels at times as though we are playing against 12 to 14 men.

Got to say Ryan Jack is proving me wrong. I thought he was shite.

The boy has looked a class above his few starts last Season. 

Some of his incisive passing is vastly underrated. Maybe it's due to the midfield being so balanced with Arfield and Coulibaly.

Telling isn't it that SG says on RTV interview that he knew that Rangers doesn't get much support when it comes to decisions like the circumstances leading up the sending off of Morelos.  Very telling,   As he said on the Sky interview - 'If that's the way its going to be then we'll get on with it.'   

I'm sure as fuck am looking forward to seeing what he means by getting on with it.  I sense he'll be instilling even more of a battling attitude in the players.   If he's already feeling as though its a bit of a case of backs against the wall, or starting games with an inherent refereeing disadvantage, and comes out fighting then he joins the feeling the Support has had for far too many seasons now.   

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Windass on the field is a man down before the kick-off, only hope SG played him 'cause the English transfer window is still open.

I actually thought he was good today. He occupied the wide areas and alsp tried to fill in the centre forward role when needed. Did a lot of chasing and his pace was good.

9 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Talking pish mate. The assistant failed to tell the fenian prick of a ref about the barge. Kind of evens things out. 

Ever played football?

Fair enough mate but I'm still adamant that if Morelos doesn't react to being barged he isn't getting sent off.

Aye I used to play. Was fucking shite though. ?

Archived