***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

If we did have 3million to buy Jake Cooper I would love to see sg given the money plus a little bit more to sign a creative midfielder and an out and out striker. I think that would be the final pieces of the jigsaw especially if we get another cb in on loan. We realy need to address the forward line asap or we will struggle.

It’s the forward position that’s going to bite us, midfield is not a problem really, fuck me jack was like pirlo the day ha ha 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agree 100% except for Morelos comment. Aye he did flick a leg out but ffs that’s never ever a red for any other team in our league and we all know it. It’s time to stop all this paranoia bollocks, the officials have put a marker down the day, as they did for our first game last season in the hibs game. It’s well beyond the point of question, it’s fucking out and out cheating. 

No cunt will convince me otherwise 

But after last season he really should know better, dont get me wrong it's still  never a red, but as hard as it'll be for him he can't lose the rag, all he needs to do is give the ref an inch and they'll run with it. 

Can't be giving the ref any reason at all to show him the red.

Until it changes he'll need to try and keep his cool. It's not right, but if we wants to stay on the pitch and give us every chance with 11 men it'll need to be done.

4 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

If we did have 3million to buy Jake Cooper I would love to see sg given the money plus a little bit more to sign a creative midfielder and an out and out striker. I think that would be the final pieces of the jigsaw especially if we get another cb in on loan. We realy need to address the forward line asap or we will struggle.

Your right though, if £3mil was there spend it. 

My only question the day was when Wee mo got the red, I’d have liked to see windass off and umar on, as he’s a fucking handful and unpractical as fuck. Definitely rather him on than windass but that’s just me. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s the forward position that’s going to bite us, midfield is not a problem really, fuck me jack was like pirlo the day ha ha 

Agreed mate but still would like an attacking midfielder but defo one if not two strikers in asap.

2 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

But after last season he really should know better, dont get me wrong it's still  never a red, but as hard as it'll be for him he can't lose the rag, all he needs to do is give the ref an inch and they'll run with it. 

Can't be giving the ref any reason at all to show him the red.

Until it changes he'll need to try and keep his cool. It's not right, but if we wants to stay on the pitch and give us every chance with 11 men it'll need to be done.

True mate, I know only too well exactly what you just said, as a 16 year old playing for Brighton I lost the plot and butters big black guy playing for palace who kicked me to fuck, I retaliated, got sent off, I’d scored that day but never got asked to come back. 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

My only question the day was when Wee mo got the red, I’d have liked to see windass off and umar on, as he’s a fucking handful and unpractical as fuck. Definitely rather him on than windass but that’s just me. 

I thought windass done not to bad today to be honest I would of taken Jamie off he's just too lightweight and has not been at it so far I was surprised to see him start the game. 

Who would you go for ? Seriously, looking at our budget who can we get ? 

4 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Agreed mate but still would like an attacking midfielder but defo one if not two strikers in asap.

Striker obviously 

1 minute ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I thought windass done not to bad today to be honest I would of taken Jamie off he's just too lightweight and has not been at it so far I was surprised to see him start the game. 

It’s fumny, I spoke to my pal after the game and he said the same, windass put a shift in and done ok, personally I didn’t think so but I’m honestly not saying that because I don’t like the boy, just different opinion. For me the time he broke free in the second half and didn’t play Murphy in killed it. 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Who would you go for ? Seriously, looking at our budget who can we get ? 

I know the stumbling block is how much the manager would get but if he was given a couple of million to buy a striker and bring another couple of loans in that would do.as for what striker to sign I'm not sure.

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

I know the stumbling block is how much the manager would get but if he was given a couple of million to buy a striker and bring another couple of loans in that would do.as for what striker to sign I'm not sure.

Fair enough and I think your right to be honest. We’re not far away I believe that,  I knever really bought in to the Defoe talk but fuck me that’s a singing I’d love to see 

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It's not just you m8, tust me.

It’s fumny, I spoke to my pal after the game and he said the same, windass put a shift in and done ok, personally I didn’t think so but I’m honestly not saying that because I don’t like the boy, just different opinion. For me the time he broke free in the second half and didn’t play Murphy in killed it. 

I can assure you I'm not his biggest fan I think he hides and is a shitebag when it comes to the rough stuff. But thought he did well today better than Murphy anyway and I don't like saying that as I know Jamie's parents who are Rangers daft but he needs to get his finger out.

Fair enough and I think your right to be honest. We’re not far away I believe that,  I knever really bought in to the Defoe talk but fuck me that’s a singing I’d love to see 

I'm at work just now tam waiting to start and I'm still fucking raging at those decisions against us today. But under sg I'm sure we will learn from it.

I can assure you I'm not his biggest fan I think he hides and is a shitebag when it comes to the rough stuff. But thought he did well today better than Murphy anyway and I don't like saying that as I know Jamie's parents who are Rangers daft but he needs to get his finger out.

Fair enough, and like yourself I like Murphy, he’s got a lot to offer. Today wasn’t his best game by a long way but he was still a problem for them when pushing forward. Was unlucky with the early effort too 

I'm at work just now tam waiting to start and I'm still fucking raging at those decisions against us today. But under sg I'm sure we will learn from it.

I honestly thought that the media spotlight after last season (not here obviously but in England from SG) that we might get some parity, today taught me otherwise. 

Fucking scunnered mate, still can’t eork out how mo was sent off and the defender who barged him twice was not even cautioned. Horrendous officiating 

He can do a lot better than he has so far Jamie is more a confidence player but he will need to show more because he won't get a starting jersey if he doesn't and I'm sure his parents will be saying the same thing to him. There is definitely a player there just needs to believe in himself more.

I know everyone and their granny is bleating on about paranoia but this is not this tarrier officials making sure we don't get a level playing field. But as I said in an earlier post under sg this is going to galvanize us even more now. They can all bring it on the Rangers are about to bite back.

A very disappointing ending. 

Apart from the poor refereeing decisions I feel the substitutions were also a big contributor to the end result. 

Candieas would’ve been the better option for Murphy, McCrorie or Halliday when Jack went off and blind Freddy could see Windass was done and needed taken off by 75/80 mins.  Sadiq surely could have managed the last 15 mins up front chasing things down?

Anyway, we looked very strong in defence, be interesting to see how we shape up on Thursday against a  Maribor side with decent experience in Europe. 

22 hours ago, ben51 said:

I honestly hope that brings us together. Us against everyone else. Fuck them.

We're stronger this Season and did not deserve that. 

It's easy to just slip back into your thoughts of last Season but it's different this year. 

Some big games coming up which will already make or break our Season.

Anyone else conclude that this season is going to be an epoch...

I kinda knew what that meant, however, always worth making sure - one definition:

"A particular period of time marked by distinctive features, events, etc.".

There was an unrelated post from a forum subscriber recently, expressing they still couldn't take in that Gerrard was our manager and what a coup this had been.

Would you maybe agree, even if just to some extent?

It's not just Rangers this season, it's 'Steven Gerrard's Rangers'.

Even if we hit a bad patch, would you not take still Gerrard and have the utmost confidence?
[END]

That was written earlier yesterday morning and didn't post - maybe being a wee bit too exuberant.

Is every game this season going to be like that, full of passion, grit and belief and when you know this, overall and in essence, is a chasm away from recent years?

Is this a Rangers team which excites and despite doubtless further setbacks over the seaseon - more lamentable refereeing decisions and additional time being added on from the Fucking Twilight Zone - you still have this gut instinct that it's already evident Gerrard is the one man who simply won't stand for it on our behalf...

17 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agree 100% except for Morelos comment. Aye he did flick a leg out but ffs that’s never ever a red for any other team in our league and we all know it. It’s time to stop all this paranoia bollocks, the officials have put a marker down the day, as they did for our first game last season in the hibs game. It’s well beyond the point of question, it’s fucking out and out cheating. 

No cunt will convince me otherwise 

I don’t know. 

My opinion is, Morelos is our sole striker, our main attacking option. Let them kick you, it just shows your dangerous and they’re worried. Punish them by banging a couple of goals in. 

What we don’t need is to be a man down for 80% of the game. So Morelos shouldn’t have reacted. 

If there is skullduggery, certainly dont give them an excuse to send you off.

Archived