Officialdom Conspiracy?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

tim and hibs players kicked out multiple times last season and weren't carded let alone sent off

We had players assaulted last season by opposition players and OUR players were booked for it.

Today, just like multiple times last year, the ref and his colleagues destroy a game of ours.

Mckenna, Ball, Mckay-Stevens, May - all should've been been booked or sent off, but weren't issued a single card or even spoken to.

Ferguson, Devlin, Forrester - carded, but I can guarantee you if that Jack scissor tackles like Forrester he's off, and if it was Morelos squaring up like Devlin he's off too.

Is it all just coincedences and sheer incompetence? But somehow they're less incompetent against other teams? 

The word conspiracy might automatically make people shrug it off, but to say that there's no bias at all against us is nothing short of utter bullshit.

Simply this.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The worse decision ive seen in the last 2-3 years was the penalty Ross County got to equalise against ra sellick 

That said we have had a lot more bad officiating throwing against us - no question 

How you can say that having seen Morelos rugby / superman tackled by McGregor, and booked for it, is simply baffling tbh.

I remember the ridicule we used to pour on the Bheggars for similar talk of refereeing conspiracies (of the masonic variety) - and rightly so.

Refereeing conspiracies were abject nonsense then and are abject nonsense now. Referees are sometimes incompetent and often inconsistent however I don;t think they get together on a Tuesday night to plot the downfall of Rangers, sellick or anybody else.

Fact is Morelos should not have kicked out (even in retaliation)   - why even give the Linesman a decision to make?

3 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

I remember the ridicule we used to pour on the Bheggars for similar talk of refereeing conspiracies (of the masonic variety) - and rightly so.

Refereeing conspiracies were abject nonsense then and are abject nonsense now. Referees are sometimes incompetent and often inconsistent however I don;t think they get together on a Tuesday night to plot the downfall of Rangers, sellick or anybody else.

Fact is Morelos should not have kicked out (even in retaliation)   - why even give the Linesman a decision to make?

Is it possible it's easier to give cards, especially reds, against Rangers? Simple question.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How you can say that having seen Morelos rugby / superman tackled by McGregor, and booked for it, is simply baffling tbh.

It was, and its in the same ballpark as that penalty - i just think that was the worst from the worst bunch of refs we've hand in this country in my living memory. Most are awful - really awful 

19 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

What was worse then? 

Loads . I wouldn't imagine there is one in particular . The refs in Scotland are a corrupt disgrace

Having spoken to Dougie McDonald recently . I certainly know Thomson is bent

Used to like you as a poster until I seen you were a ref . Now a just think you are like one of them .

It's never your faults and you just can't be honest without patronising fellow bears

After 3 games last season incompetent/biased/inconsistent (delete as preferred) referees and linesmen meant we had a perfectly good goal wrongly ruled offside v Hearts at Ibrox followed by the worst display of refereeing witnessed in many a year (until we played the same mob in the last game of the season) costing us 3 points. 

Meanwhile Dallas fails to give Thistle a stonewall injury time penalty against the filth.

Result - Rangers 4 points from 9 when we should have had 9, Bheggars 9 from 9 when they should have had 7.  We are 5 points behind when we could/should have been 2 ahead.

A seven point swing in the first 3 games and we didn't open our mouths.

Lets hope we're not facing the same  incompetent/biased/inconsistent (delete as preferred) start this season.

Well done SG for speaking out. Long LONG overdue.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Loads . I wouldn't imagine there is one in particular . The refs in Scotland are a corrupt disgrace

Having spoken to Dougie McDonald recently . I certainly know Thomson is bent

Used to like you as a poster until I seen you were a ref . Now a just think you are like one of them .

It's never your faults and you just can't be honest without patronising fellow bears

I'm highly critical of this bunch of current refs. I've said dozens of times they are as bad a group as i can remember in this country. I've also just seen the pen sellick got yesterday - another topper!! 

But there is no conspiracy mate - they are bad and i also agree we have experienced more shit than most if not all. 

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm highly critical of this bunch of current refs. I've said dozens of times they are as bad a group as i can remember in this country. I've also just seen the pen sellick got yesterday - another topper!! 

But there is no conspiracy mate - they are bad and i also agree we have experienced more shit than most if not all. 

Ok that is fair reply . Although I disagree . The conspiracy is there . It's just not an obvious one .

And in the coming months . My opinion will be vindicated as it is going to get so much worse

If we are even remotely close to the scum . All the stops will be being pulled out

Let's wait and see . I will be glad to eat humble pie if I'm wrong come next year

Thought of that situation against Hibs last season when Tav was attacked by that moron Stokes , no card, instead Jack gets a red one over some bullshit. 

Today Morelos gets a straight red for what? A lil kick in the air after he was clearly provoked by Mckenna.

I dont get it. Conspiracy or not, the pile of examples is getting higher.

Used to be proud to be a Rangers fan because instead of being paranoid wee fannies we realised the refs in Scotland are just absolutely shite and every team in the league gets horrendous calls made against them most weeks.

We got really badly done today and it wasn’t the first and won’t be the last time, but until refs in Scotland are paid to become full time the standards will never improve, I’ve seen poor decisions for us over the years as well as against, I remember Kyrgiakos getting a penalty at Tynecastle which ended up winning us the league which was a shocking decision for instance. Just don’t have sympathy for opposition when the luck goes our way.

3 hours ago, bornabear said:

We'll soon see if the conspiracy theory exists when Clancy refs a filth game.

Certainly has a shocker today, following on from last season's shockers.

I wonder if Jules has a spare 6months to troll through all the footage of injustices against Rangers these last few years . And make a video about them . Would be great to see them all compiled . Volumes 1 to 4

10 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Used to be proud to be a Rangers fan because instead of being paranoid wee fannies we realised the refs in Scotland are just absolutely shite and every team in the league gets horrendous calls made against them most weeks.

We got really badly done today and it wasn’t the first and won’t be the last time, but until refs in Scotland are paid to become full time the standards will never improve, I’ve seen poor decisions for us over the years as well as against, I remember Kyrgiakos getting a penalty at Tynecastle which ended up winning us the league which was a shocking decision for instance. Just don’t have sympathy for opposition when the luck goes our way.

Are you not still proud to be a Rangers fan and if not, why?

2 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Of course they don't meet on Tuesday nights . They all meet up in the chapel on a Sundays when they don't have a game

Compare notes and plan their strategies ;-)

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Will the compliance officer site McKenna for two blatant barges? No chance

Will Morelos get red card rescinded to a yellow, no chance. 

Also don't forget the pre meditated assault on Ryan Jack. 

Enough said. 

I think Shaun or is that Anthony comp officer   is on holiday until next week

27 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Are you not still proud to be a Rangers fan and if not, why?

I’m unbelievably proud to be a Rangers fan, but reading this thread makes me feel sick and brings meteorites back of laughing at celtic fans in work when they’d tell me an RE teacher in a catholic school was stitched up by the SFA to win us old firm games, there’s no conspiracy it’s sheer incompetence.

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Poor refereeing absolutely, but there is no conspiracy for fuck sake and it's cringeworthy seeing so many of us resort to what the scum did for years.

And look where they are today.

For so many of us to be convinced there is no agenda scares me, It's so obvious that a blind man could tell it exists.

13 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

I’m unbelievably proud to be a Rangers fan, but reading this thread makes me feel sick and brings meteorites back of laughing at celtic fans in work when they’d tell me an RE teacher in a catholic school was stitched up by the SFA to win us old firm games, there’s no conspiracy it’s sheer incompetence.

191948-131-BDB35461.jpg

4 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Glad to hear that but I’m also sick of the “ building bridges” or “we’re above that” philosophy. It’s done us a lot of good. It is my opinion, and you obv don’t agree that decisions against us have become pretty bad over last couple of seasons. Tav v stokes, Jacks 4 red cards, maybe amongst the worst. Many more. But yes, it is just bad refereeing.

Good soummary from elsewhere.

From today:

1. McKenna - 2 deliberate off the ball barges on Morelos in quick succession, the 2nd of which thrust his shoulder into Morelos face. No action whatsoever against McKenna, yet a Red Card for a petulant kick out by Morelos which didn't make contact and was neither Violent Play, nor Serious Foul Play. 

2. Ball - Denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, with no attempt to play the ball. Clear Red Card, but not even a Yellow issued, which is the very least it should be for a shirt pull.

3. McKay-Steven - Deliberately throwing the ball at Windass and striking him, off the field off play. Clearly seen by Ref. Yellow Card all day long, but not even spoken to.

4. Ferguson - Elbow into Coulibally's face. Yellow Card issued, could easily have been Red.

5. Devlin - Grabbing Arfield, pulling him towards him and thrusting his head against Arfield's face. Amazingly both players booked. No idea what Arfield did and Devlin should have been Red Carded. 

6. Forrester - Two footed scissor tackle on Kent, as Rangers broke away. Yellow card issued, but 2 footed challenge should be a Red Card.

7. May - Deliberately barging into Jack, with no attempt to play the ball, resulting in him requiring 3 minutes of treatment and ending his game. Not even spoken to, despite Goldson being booked 1 minute earlier for bumping into the back of a Sheep player, whilst challenging for the ball and no injury suffered.

16 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Comet again?

Archived