Officialdom Conspiracy?

On 03/12/2018 at 16:19, dummiesoot said:

A case in point, last week El Buffalo's ban was instigated by a fairly innocuous petted lip and throwing his hands about and being booked for dissent. Two Hearts players yesterday had the full dummy out of the pram, stamping feet, gesticulating etc and fuck all said. Inconsistent shite from referees. 

Did someone not post a stat that sellik get booked an average of 9.5 tackles, we get booked every 4.5. That mounts up to additional suspension time. 

I read that we have had 30 fouls in the last two games but the teams we have played never received a single booking

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Data - one sided - blue tinted data - has little credibility - but it’s good enough for you, so your opinion is there is bias my is that there isn’t. But that’s all there is to it. 

Is the fair play data posted above blue tinted and with little credibility?

You can't/ won't challenge the markings which you would if they were inaccurate. You can't bring yourself to say we're treated harshly (even if not deliberately or with any bias). You ignore external data like the fair play stats. Your argument appears to consist of refs being incompetent (I think everyone agrees) and saying we get decisions too (again I agree).

Really, you have no basis of argument, no substance to back a pov.  It's a baseless opinion you have. And wrong 👍

12 hours ago, Dickie said:

There’s a difference between unwarranted and just plain biased. We could  produce a video of refs meeting in a pub to talk about screwing Rangers over and you would still be in denial. See for a change could you not at least come up with an argument instead of just stating that you are right and everyone else is wrong. In other words don’t be a prick all your life.

He votes SNP and tries to call himself a Rangers fan, is that not the very definition of a prick?

On 04/12/2018 at 23:06, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is the fair play data posted above blue tinted and with little credibility?

You can't/ won't challenge the markings which you would if they were inaccurate. You can't bring yourself to say we're treated harshly (even if not deliberately or with any bias). You ignore external data like the fair play stats. Your argument appears to consist of refs being incompetent (I think everyone agrees) and saying we get decisions too (again I agree).

Really, you have no basis of argument, no substance to back a pov.  It's a baseless opinion you have. And wrong 👍

The fair play stats show we have issues - many self inflicted and many because we now have a bit of bite in the team - being bottom of that table in no way implies bias - I know the concept is difficult whe you’re paranoid but there is no conspiracy.. Even ( six) if there was this thread is never evidence of it - this thread is just feeding the paranoia. 

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Am I correct in thinking that McGregor was booked for reminding the referee that kicking the ball away to waste time is a bookable offence?

Morelos nearly got booked for taking the ball to their goalkeeper who was time wasting. 

Wasn’t the refs fault we lost but fuck me its brutal to watch stop start pish every week. 

The amount of cards we’ve accumulated wrongly is a disgrace btw. I’d say on average our player probably gets booked after two or even one foul whereas it takes 3 or 4 for those at the top of that table

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wasn’t the refs fault we lost but fuck me its brutal to watch stop start pish every week. 

The amount of cards we’ve accumulated wrongly is a disgrace btw. I’d say on average our player probably gets booked after two or even one foul whereas it takes 3 or 4 for those at the top of that table

Lafferty's first tackle and it's a booking, meanwhile they can get away with persistent fouling all game long and it's only a word in the ear from the referee. 

We can't talk about officials after we drop points though cause it's pure sour grapes and there's no agenda towards us whatsoever. 

Spoiler

Paranoid Protestants 

Last night fouls were consistently given the wrong way for both teams. Time wasting was evident from their goal, Rangers players get spoken to. The heaftier fouls that went unpunished were by the sheep. That said, Lafferty ran close to a (soft) 2nd yellow with a couple of fouls and hands on the ref which a pedantic ref like MacLean who was officiating poorly could easily have booked.

Morelos first wasn't a yellow, really soft, but typical of treatment he gets.  2nd certainly was - though Shinnie read it and reacted to make it look worse. No complaints about 2nd yellow being issued.

Sheep player's 2nd yellow wasn't a foul against him. He's been hard done to.

So despite our defeat, and feeling aggrieved again overall by the ref's performance, in terms of big decisions incredibly it's one in our favour.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The fair play stats show we have issues - many self inflicted and many because we now have a bit of bite in the team - being bottom of that table in no way implies bias - I know the concept is difficult whe you’re paranoid but there is no conspiracy.. Even ( six) if there was this thread is never evidence of it - this thread is just feeding the paranoia. 

What does it imply?

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Last night fouls were consistently given the wrong way for both teams. Time wasting was evident from their goal, Rangers players get spoken to. The heaftier fouls that went unpunished were by the sheep. That said, Lafferty ran close to a (soft) 2nd yellow with a couple of fouls and hands on the ref which a pedantic ref like MacLean who was officiating poorly could easily have booked.

Morelos first wasn't a yellow, really soft, but typical of treatment he gets.  2nd certainly was - though Shinnie read it and reacted to make it look worse. No complaints about 2nd yellow being issued.

Sheep player's 2nd yellow wasn't a foul against him. He's been hard done to.

So despite our defeat, and feeling aggrieved again overall by the ref's performance, in terms of big decisions incredibly it's one in our favour.

Thoughts on the free kick that led to their goal? For me, Shinnie knocks the ball way further forward than he was ever reaching and throws himself between Tavernier and Coulibaly. It looked a dive at the time (pretty much right in front of me) and seeing it again on Rangers TV I can see nothing to suggest either of our players did anything wrong. (Not something shown on the BBC website highlights, unsurprisingly... just like McKenna throwing Lafferty to the ground about a minute after Morelos was sent off got no card despite it being worse than Morelos first yellow.)

4 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

Thoughts on the free kick that led to their goal? For me, Shinnie knocks the ball way further forward than he was ever reaching and throws himself between Tavernier and Coulibaly. It looked a dive at the time (pretty much right in front of me) and seeing it again on Rangers TV I can see nothing to suggest either of our players did anything wrong. (Not something shown on the BBC website highlights, unsurprisingly... just like McKenna throwing Lafferty to the ground about a minute after Morelos was sent off got no card despite it being worse than Morelos first yellow.)

Yeah I thought their foul was soft. I know they scored from it but the foul itself wasn't a huge deal, a rule breacher etc. Our inability to defend it was the problem, fouls like those ones went for and against all night. Wouldn't call it simulation, it was more Shinnie using experience to make more of minimal contact to attempt to make a foul out of it. Ref fell for the minimal contact, as he did with Morelos 2nd yellow.

Largely agree about McKenna too, that's one of the ones I meant in my 'heaftier' challenge comment above.

Broadly speaking, if there's an average level of tolerance, imo Rangers players get booked for offences well below it, the likes of McKenna and Clare in the last 2 games do far worse than it but go unpunished.

The reality lies somewhere between the SFA's blatantly incorrect 'of course there's no bias' and BP9's 'youse are all pitchforkers that ur paranoid a' the time' nonsense that is no more than a big flappy strawman. It's clear that the belief in Scotland outside of us (except BP9 if he is one of us(!)) is that we deserve nothing cos we are bad and deserve only to be punished, even though we get away with everything and if refs were any good they'd punish us more. (If BP9 thinks this is a strawman, how come we are bottom of the punishment stats or does he think we are the dirtiest team?)

On the pitch that translates to we are a dirty team (the stats and the media tell us this!) and no ref is willing to be seen to give us any quarter never mind balance. If in doubt, it was the Rangers player's fault. Other teams know this and their legs turn to rubber, jellifying before our eyes the moment someone in blue brushes against them (and sometimes not even that). Shinnie and most of that lot last night are prime example of this. No one playing against us ever gets accused of cheating (compare that to celtc opponents) and we probably would have fouled them given the chance anyway.

The whole narrative is against us and although we all favour our own teams to some extent, there is a clear bias against Rangers in practically every game simply because no ref wants to be seen as favouring us. Is this a conscious decision? Mostly not. But are they trying to be impartial? Not really. And unless Collum gets panned by the SFA behind the scenes for the Candeias kiss nonsense, every ref in this country has just been given the ok to carry on as before, making sure we are going to be treated with anything that could look even close to impartiality.

For BP9 and their ilk, they could be battered around the head with a soggy fish supper and still not notice. There's no helping some folk.

My own opinion was that it was all square decisions wise. Didn't think Morelos should gave been sent off, didn't think Cosgrove should have been, didn't think Lafferty should have been.

Lots of rubbishy decisions both ways from a poor ref.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

My own opinion was that it was all square decisions wise. Didn't think Morelos should gave been sent off, didn't think Cosgrove should have been, didn't think Lafferty should have been.

Lots of rubbishy decisions both ways from a poor ref.

You don't think Morelos 2nd was a yellow? Did you catch it on tv last night, for me it was worse than my 1st take on it?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You don't think Morelos 2nd was a yellow? Did you catch it on tv last night, for me it was worse than my 1st take on it?

Yeah I do, but the first never was.

I have complaints about Morelos for doing that when he's on a booking, idiot that he was, but to deserve a red for two yellows you need to be deserving of both of them, which for me he wasn't.

Enjoyed yer wee paranoid rant 

2 hours ago, Bears said:

The reality lies somewhere between the SFA's blatantly incorrect 'of course there's no bias' and BP9's 'youse are all pitchforkers that ur paranoid a' the time' nonsense that is no more than a big flappy strawman. It's clear that the belief in Scotland outside of us (except BP9 if he is one of us(!)) is that we deserve nothing cos we are bad and deserve only to be punished, even though we get away with everything and if refs were any good they'd punish us more. (If BP9 thinks this is a strawman, how come we are bottom of the punishment stats or does he think we are the dirtiest team?)

On the pitch that translates to we are a dirty team (the stats and the media tell us this!) and no ref is willing to be seen to give us any quarter never mind balance. If in doubt, it was the Rangers player's fault. Other teams know this and their legs turn to rubber, jellifying before our eyes the moment someone in blue brushes against them (and sometimes not even that). Shinnie and most of that lot last night are prime example of this. No one playing against us ever gets accused of cheating (compare that to celtc opponents) and we probably would have fouled them given the chance anyway.

The whole narrative is against us and although we all favour our own teams to some extent, there is a clear bias against Rangers in practically every game simply because no ref wants to be seen as favouring us. Is this a conscious decision? Mostly not. But are they trying to be impartial? Not really. And unless Collum gets panned by the SFA behind the scenes for the Candeias kiss nonsense, every ref in this country has just been given the ok to carry on as before, making sure we are going to be treated with anything that could look even close to impartiality.

For BP9 and their ilk, they could be battered around the head with a soggy fish supper and still not notice. There's no helping some folk.

Enjoyed yer wee paranoid rant. 

34 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah I do, but the first never was.

I have complaints about Morelos for doing that when he's on a booking, idiot that he was, but to deserve a red for two yellows you need to be deserving of both of them, which for me he wasn't.

Yeah agree with that. I look at as he's got his undue yellow so it's then about what he does after that. He fucked it.

Archived