Officialdom Conspiracy?

As yet. I remain unconvinced there's a particular agenda or conspiracy against us. 

However, there are becoming too many instances of what you might call "inept" refereeing decisions made against us, and "favourable" decisions going for opponents.  Rarely now do we see questionable decisions going in our favour and the balancing out we used to talk about that you could historically expect now seems heavily tipped to others. 

Why would that be?  Well, given the historical drip drip drip of negativity for us as a club in Scottish society, in the press, media and online, the constant sniping at referees by others for any decision going in our favour...and only our favour...(particularly from one club who compiled dossiers, got senior politicians involved, bombarded press and media etc etc until the officials could take no more) and I'd even go as far as  nationalists portraying Rangers as a danger to their nationalist agenda...then Rangers are perceived by many non-Rangers supporters as "cheats"..."not Scottish"..."undeserving" and so on.

Like I said, I don't believe there's a deliberate agenda or conspiracy, but in light of the way we've been portrayed of late and all the other negativity that's been thrown at us, then it's not inconceivable that there's an unconscious bias element permeating amongst many officials that means when it comes down to it, at critical or pressurised moments, they're more likely to go against than for us.  It's a sub-concious behavioral thing that they may not even realise they're doing, but the impact is what we're seeing more regularly.

Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of, and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgments and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

The only way to change that behaviour is challenge it, keep pointing it out and force the change.  Stevie G has taken the bull by the horns, now it's a case of not letting go.  It's the only way.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

We should keep a thread with all the decisions that go against us and equally those that the opposition isn't punished for.

If we want to combat the 'paranoid protestants' argument, we need facts.

This

Maybe note down anything we do get away with because we all just want impartiality right?

It would be worth our team knowing what Arfield should have done to avoid being booked for being attacked in such a way, and to a lesser extent what Morelos should do when being repeatedly barged without protection from the officials.

Maybe a referee or another official could explain and advise...

After all, we can only expect it to continue to happen if the offenders are not being punished by the officials, or condemned by the media.

5 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

People are only now beginning to realise the depth of the hatred of Rangers that exists. It goes right to the very top in this country let alone the game itself. It won't even itself out over the season, of that you can be sure. The reasons for that are simple..... there will be no repercussions from the people who run the game. You therefore give people like "Kevin Clancy" free reign to influence a match as they see fit. It's a sad fact but a fact none the less, we will face a "Kevin Clancy" almost every week of the season ahead. 

You might as well call a spade a spade. That decision yesterday was a calculated one designed to give our opposition a clear advantage. It was given as early as the first opportunity would allow. It ultimately had the desired effect and the objective was achieved. 

I think it's an utter disgrace from the people running our club that it's left to our fledgling manager to call this out in public. There have been so many instances like yesterday since we returned to the top league it defies belief yet the silence from our directors has been nothing short of cowardly. 

If people didn't already know then you would have to a complete idiot not to finally realise now what's going on. Simply put, there are forces at work within the game who will actively hinder any progress we make and will do so at any opportunity. You may also think there are lengths that they will not go to.... There are not. 

this 100% until our board grow a set and back the players/manger the status quo will remain

18 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Fact is Morelos should not have kicked out (even in retaliation)   - why even give the Linesman a decision to make?

The linesman had a decision to make. A shove and two hefty shoulder checks on Morelos, off the ball and away from play, prior to Morelos kicking out. The linesman told the ref it was straight red for Morelos. Yellow card for both at best but naw, red for Morelos and nowt for McKenna.

Nowt for the Kelvin snorkeller, Dominic Ball or that pish stained tramp May.

Fair and balanced?

4 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

The linesman had a decision to make. A shove and two hefty shoulder checks on Morelos, off the ball and away from play, prior to Morelos kicking out. The linesman told the ref it was straight red for Morelos. Yellow card for both at best but naw, red for Morelos and nowt for McKenna.

Fair and balanced?

Yes when you view all these things together it was not even handed in any way IMO.

Morelos needs to learn from it but the decision against him was just wrong.  

22 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I said to the Mrs Morelos would get sent off for an off the ball. She told me to shut the fuck up.

She apologised.

Hahaha my mrs said to me last week that morelos would cost us 

She never seen the game becuase She was working 

What do you think her first words where 

43 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Fair and balanced?

Took me a second there, he should appear in the programme for the home game against the sheep under that name.:UK:

All we can be is as professional as possible and give them as little opportunities as possible to fuck us over. The club should be submitting a complaint along with evidence proving inept refereeing in our games.

Its still in our hands to win the games out in front of us. If we have to put in more effort to win games than everyone else then so be it - that’s the reality until there’s a change. When have we every made up excuses and shirked a challenge? Its time we wrestled this league back and gained back our power, and I’ll tell you it’s going to feel so very sweet for us, and so sickening for everyone against us.

i personally can not wait 

43 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Hahaha my mrs said to me last week that morelos would cost us 

She never seen the game becuase She was working 

What do you think her first words where 

Why have you not got my tea ready ya lazy drunken arsehole?

Agreed its all suspicious but players like Morelos need to become wiser. Always remember players complaining about dalglish as when they used to push/ barge him from the back they ended up with studs down the shin and foot as he stepped back into them     

Every time till they used to not do it and pretty difficult thing to spot as opposed to a kick. Need an old, wiser centre forward ( I'm old school ) to teach him some tricks. Colin Stein would be my choice.:tu:

It's dead simple for me. Scottish referees are in general incompetent and to add insult to njury, infested with scum bastards who relish fucking us over.

They aint for changing, so we just need a striker who will burst the net and win us games and put the end result beyond any doubt, which is where Gerrard is coming from and whilst we are winning keep up the pressure on them and highlight every "honest" mistake to rub their grubby taig faces in it.

The country is a republican cesspit in all but name.

11 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Theres a number of things possibly at play here. There's incompetence,there's honest mistakes,there's nerves of officiating in a big game,there's good old sectarianism..and there's conspiracy.

Its hard to make a case for any without documented evidence. Someone at the club should be recording 'questionable decisions'. How critical was the game? How critical was the call? Was the decision made at a point where it could influence the outcome? Who was targeted? Who was the official responsible?...

Its the only way to fight back. We have an opportunity now because Steven Gerrard is global news, and im sure no one in our rancid Scottish football hierarchy want to be shown up globally for what they are. 

For now the cause of the bias isn't really important although personally speaking I don't believe you have to look beyond your fourth option to get to the truth. The main point is we are being treated "differently" from the rest.  Establish that then we can talk about reasons. 

As you have correctly pointed out we are now managed by someone with global appeal in a media sense. Now let's say hypothetically if Gerrard had elaborated his point after the match and said outright what we all suspect is going on. That would be a massive story throughout the football World which in turn would create an absolute shit storm here. 

I don't like the idea it's a bit too taigy behaviour for me to stomach but this is the environment they have created. None of this is Rangers doing, that particular accolade belongs to guys like Mccan and lennon. 

Its a serious accusation (cheating) but lets not forget that's a stick those pillors of morality over in the east end have used to beat us with for a long long time now so on reflection what goes around comes around I suppose. 

8 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

mcginn telling the ref it's all their team can afford n is it enough to get a Gers player sent off , 

image.jpg   ref replies , don't worry ,Ill handle it  :britney:

Copper wire was invented by 2 aberdonians fighting over a 2 pence :lol:

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I don't believe in any conspiracy. What I do believe in is gross incompetence. We have such a poor pool of refs up here it's ridiculous.

Looking forward to the next game with 6 minutes injury time ... bet it involves us although not when we are behind at the 90

19 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I don't believe in any conspiracy. What I do believe in is gross incompetence. We have such a poor pool of refs up here it's ridiculous.

That would hold water if we see the same ridiculous decisions that we get, going to everyone else....we don't. And also, if that were true, we'd be benefiting from ridiculous decisions as well, and I can't remember the last time we got an obvious error given for us.

A conspiracy would imply some form of communication between officials and possibly those who officiate over the officials.   Whispered meetings in dark corridors with no witnesses and with no minutes or notes taken and so on.    

If not that then recent season after recent season a conveniently permitted collection of officials whose wilful incompetence knows no bounds when it comes to fair, objective and patently proper.   But that'd be some coincidence wouldn't it.  Or how about a combination of just plain incompetence underpinned by a private determination of individual officials acting entirely on their own volition to work in such a way that enough decisions go against Rangers …..maybe because they'd prefer opposition teams to benefit from their decisions in favour of those teams and against Rangers.   

Whether its any of the above or something even more sinister is now even more a talking point since SG has put the spotlight on the problem.   Which won't go away until the evidence of track record is established whereby it is obvious on a consistent basis that the vast majority decisions affecting Rangers are patently correct.   I don't hold out any prospect of that happening soon. 

Archived