Officialdom Conspiracy?

Just watched it again.

The forward's touch was poor and going wide right. I reckon the keeper would have got or cleared the ball fairly simply. There was also cover goalside of the forward when he went down.

Imo most refs would give a yellow which would have been correct. Roles reversed, I'd have wanted a red but expected a yellow.

Hope we appeal it ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is everybody forgetting the referee is an ex St Mirren player? 

I'm not.

Excluding the red card I thought he was poor, pedantic, hitlerish and biased.

Coulibaly was done at the end. Katic was elbowed off the ball. The ref indicated in the last few minutes an elbow had been used but only a foul was given.

Easy to red card Rangers players, not so easy carding the opposition it seems.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fucksakes. Get over it it’s a red. Up 2-0 and McCrorie who is trying to impress fucks up within half an hour. If he’s going wide no need to make the dumbshit lunge. The gaffer agrees it’s a red. 

Was he going wide?

Mccrorie should have stayed on his feet but when you look at the penalty last week Ball should have been sent off as well. Add to that the refs inability to be consistent with issuing yellows to opposition players takes about 2 or 3 bookable challenges before a ref will issue a yellow.

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Is he getting a shot off? 

I don't know. Was he?

I don't think Mccrorie touched the ball, only the player. Clear foul.

But the ball went wide, arguably at a pace and towards where McGregor would have had covered. Talking about cover, we had a player covering too.

So it comes down to whether it was violent, was it? Or preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity of a player going wide, towards a keeper, with a player covering. Was it? 

What exactly in the terms of the law was the red for?

2 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

1. Mccrorie should have stayed on his feet but when you look at the penalty last week Ball should have been sent off as well.

2. Add to that the refs inability to be consistent with issuing yellows to opposition players takes about 2 or 3 bookable challenges before a ref will issue a yellow.

1. Spot on

2. Spot on

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Mccrorie should have stayed on his feet but when you look at the penalty last week Ball should have been sent off as well. Add to that the refs inability to be consistent with issuing yellows to opposition players takes about 2 or 3 bookable challenges before a ref will issue a yellow.

As I've said before the opposition are allowed 4/5 free hits at our players before the cards come out, we get a booking first time all the time without fail.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't know. Was he?

But the ball went wide, arguably at a pace and towards where McGregor would have had covered. Talking about cover, we had a player covering too.

So it comes down to whether it was violent, was it? Or preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity of a player going wide, towards a keeper, with a player covering. Was it? 

I see your point. Good questions. Just think that he has the beating of McCrorie and is felled. Not violent conduct imo. Just took away a goal scoring opportunity. Means nothing if Shagger has things covered. Still a foul. We’re big boys, we can take it. In no way would I say this one was a conspiracy. Just a rash tackle from Ross. 

40 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is everybody forgetting the referee is an ex St Mirren player? 

No, I am only surprised he allowed assault on our players all game and only gave us one red for not following what he wanted. I am suprised at the one red not the allowing assault on our players, all Scottish refs seem to condone that.

24 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1. Spot on

2. Spot on

Mate we were having these debates last year......2 games in, 2 reds people will still tell you you your wrong.  What chance you got. 

Dude has vanished eh?

24 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't know. Was he?

It was a red, the opportunity was there to score. No covering defender, no real attempt to get the ball and debatable whether McGregor would have got there. It was clear enough to warrant the red. Its the part of the game Ross needs to work on. He can be far too rash at times, diving in when there are better options.q

Whether a red would have been given the other way is the real issue. Given the various assaults that were missed you have to wonder. I don't think he was anything like the level of incompetence/cheating of Clancy and his assistants the previous week. Considering his background I thought he would have been much worse than he was.

Whoever made the appointment is where the real problem lies. They shouldn't have put the ref in the position, given his association with St. Mirren. 

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm not.

Excluding the red card I thought he was poor, pedantic, hitlerish and biased.

Coulibaly was done at the end. Katic was elbowed off the ball. The ref indicated in the last few minutes an elbow had been used but only a foul was given.

Easy to card Rangers players, not so easy carding the opposition it seems.

We only got 1 booked 

St Mirren had 4 booked. 

44 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Quiet. That doesn’t suit the narritive of this thread. :pipe: 

Personally I'm not so sure the player"s touch wasn't taking him wide (see image above), and from watching it again on tv by the time he got to the ball I reckon McGregor would have been close / got ball and the covering player back on the line.

So not 100% clear goal scoring opportunity after he's taken the touch. I think many refs would have given a yellow.

But given the consensus is red card, and for the integrity of the thread, no decisions added to either side this week. Even ignoring Katic being done off the ball. Or does that not suit your narrative?

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Quiet. That doesn’t suit the narritive of this thread. :pipe: 

And this thread is about how we are impacted, I'm sure you and the Dude are maintaining the file on decisions like the Brown one above (pinched from the other thread) aren't you? Or does that not suit the narrative either...?

the whole defying a goalscoring opportunity is a shambolic grey area, what one ref deems a goalscoring opportunity, the other may not, there's no consistency because it relies on a ref's opinion of a number of factors, like yesterday, would shagger have got there and cleared it, would goldson have covered enough, one ref might go "aye no problems" and booked mccrorie, another the following week might think "shaggers too slow, goldson isnt positioned correctly so its a red"

if a player is brought down in the act of shoooting from 30 yards out, shouldnt that be classed as denying a goalscoring opportunity, he could smash it into the top corner for all the ref knows, same as a 1v1 against the keeper, some players are just shite at them and always miss

6 hours ago, markem said:

Mate we were having these debates last year......2 games in, 2 reds people will still tell you you your wrong.  What chance you got. 

Dude has vanished eh?

I was wondering how many reds we had last year after a few games

Archived