Sign in to follow this  
SeparateEntityMyArse

Officialdom Conspiracy?

Good game from Madden I thought. Red card right.

I saw straight away it was a kick out and thought it was gonna be a red, no idea how everyone else around me managed to delude themselves that it was the ref that was fucking us over and that they couldn't understand the decision. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Good game from Madden I thought. Red card right.

I saw straight away it was a kick out and thought it was gonna be a red, no idea how everyone else around me managed to delude themselves that it was the ref that was fucking us over and that they couldn't understand the decision. 

One of the most blatant reds I've ever seen. 

Blumhoilann likes this

A rare decent game for the worst referee in Scotland. He even went against his linesman and awarded us a corner which was nice of him.

11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Was incensed at the game with the red , but having now seen it I'd have to agree with the ref . Stupidity from McGregor . 

Completely agree, thought Madden did well and thought he fucked it at the end, turns out McGregor did that

35 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think he gets the flow of the game spot on but often gets key bigger decisions wrong. Need to watch the game again, but seemed like a fair performance today.

For me he gets more big calls right than all of the others. Not that that's saying much.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's an old guy who sits next to me who is an ex-referee. He was saying to me today that he thinks Madden is the best ref in the country.

I think he handles himself quite well too. Seems to interact with the players quite well. Good common sense and awareness generally too. Has had a few mares with some decisions, but it's nothing like some of the others for me. Thomson is the worst for me. 

Clancy surprised me today tbh. Let the game flow and had warnings for the players rather than straight out with the cards. Thought he was tolerant as long as he could in open play before he started dishing them out. Personally, did feel they got a good few more of the innocuous incidents with fouls for minimal contact but heyho.

Topical decision is the Flanagan on Brown. It was a forearm not an elbow. For me it was a defensive fend off rather than trying to do him, but yeah I've seen them given so perhaps is one we got away with.

Simunovic on Defoe midway through first half was identical to what Morelos got a red for against Brown previously. So if flinging an arm into the face/upper chest of an opponent you're running beside was a red then, then it is now too. (The linesman that missed that incident also got 2 Defoe offside decisions wrong, a bit shite he was).

So 1 for, 1 against 😁

Simunovic was never a red in a million years. Flanagan... tend to agree it was a fend off and Lego made it look worse than it was. It was a forearm fend off that Lego made look a forearm smash. 

Thought the ref was good today. A few little errors, major ones right. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Simunovic was never a red in a million years. Flanagan... tend to agree it was a fend off and Lego made it look worse than it was. It was a forearm fend off that Lego made look a forearm smash. 

Thought the ref was good today. A few little errors, major ones right. 

What was different between that and the Morelos incident?

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clancy surprised me today tbh. Let the game flow and had warnings for the players rather than straight out with the cards. Thought he was tolerant as long as he could in open play before he started dishing them out. Personally, did feel they got a good few more of the innocuous incidents with fouls for minimal contact but heyho.

Topical decision is the Flanagan on Brown. It was a forearm not an elbow. For me it was a defensive fend off rather than trying to do him, but yeah I've seen them given so perhaps is one we got away with.

Simunovic on Defoe midway through first half was identical to what Morelos got a red for against Brown previously. So if flinging an arm into the face/upper chest of an opponent you're running beside was a red then, then it is now too. (The linesman that missed that incident also got 2 Defoe offside decisions wrong, a bit shite he was).

So 1 for, 1 against 😁

Clancy will get all the big games next season mate 

Im still sticking with my theory he will give us fuck all next season when it really matters 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What was different between that and the Morelos incident?

The level of force and the intent. Morelos one was substantially more forceful, one was swinging, one wasn't, and had the intent of striking the opponent. Simunovic was trying to impede Defoe not strike him with force.

Just watched it this second, and yeah, never a red.

Just now, Inigo said:

The level of force and the intent. Morelos one was substantially more forceful, one was swinging, one wasn't, and had the intent of striking the opponent. Simunovic was trying to impede Defoe not strike him with force.

Just watched it this second, and yeah, never a red.

I reckon force was pretty similar. He was swinging an arm forcefully at a player beside him, an arm across impedes but an arm swinging back is to strike.

As close to identical as you'll see. Shite that either should be considered reds but apparently they are.

magic8ball likes this

If they hadn't already won the league I would put my mortgage on Clancy giving us fuck all today. But credit where it's due, he reffed the game well.

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So 1 for, 1 against 😁

Pretty much spot on there

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I reckon force was pretty similar. He was swinging an arm forcefully at a player beside him, an arm across impedes but an arm swinging back is to strike.

As close to identical as you'll see. Shite that either should be considered reds but apparently they are.

I'm trying to see that as I watch it again, but there's nowt to it imo. Yellow, but only for the cynicism, not the danger or force.

Another one watching it again, thought Defoe was a wee bit lucky not to see yellow for simulation. Looked like he kicked out to initiate contact to me. Tough one for a referee to give as a dive, though.