***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we buy Coulikante. 

The Dark Destroyer.

Great result, but again, it seems that they need the fucking hairdryer from Gerrard at HT to actually do what they should be doing. 

That second half was tremendous, need to be like that for the full game and we will blow everyone away.

2 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Not saying we are world beaters, but by fuck we look a lot better. Ally, Warbs, and Pedro never had the vision to build a team and their teams always looked disjointed with players unable to play with each other.

Just shows how ropey some signings have been.

Only 3 of the old guard playing tonight - what a difference culling the deadwood has made.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How tight do you expect him to be ffs if he takes a touch Tav wins the ball...people need to get a little perspective.

Tight enough that the ball  can’t go over his head right onto the foot of their player. 

Hes standing square and hasnt a clue what the player behind him is doing. 

That aside I thought he was great in defence tonight. 

2 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

Excellent second half. Starting to feel like I'm watching a Rangers team again.

Gutted it's not 4-1 after Candeias and Morelos went full retard

We should have had another penalty when Kent was taken out too.

I'm happy with 3-1 but God wouldn't 5 have been incredible.

We can do magic, magic.

Tav MOTM, without a doubt.

Actually defended well, but much much more a goal threat. I saw him as our chance. I'm actually shouting for him to get forward. Fuck the defence. My belief if he moved up one, we'd link up better and he'd score plenty. I saw a serious preditor in there. He wanted to score badly. Thought he was immense coming into the middle. Let him try it more without worrying about defence.

They were a tough act and we done them.

Fucking magic.

It took a bit of struggling, but we showed character and did what needed to be done. We are only half the way though, so must try to get an early goal in the 2nd leg to put the game to bed. Well done Rangers and Steven Gerrard! 

3 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Great performance, the team worked their socks off. The two goal cushion gives real confidence for second leg even though  Maribor were a good team. Watching that tonight really feels like we are back! 

Yes, it does and the feeling is so sweet :love:

Wit the fucks this

Live Reporting

Scores

Tables

Live Reporting

By Clive Lindsay

Posted at 21:4421:44

What a fantastic result for Rangers. I was worried for them at half-time.

Maribor were the better side by a distance, creating opportunity after opportunity. 

There's no doubt there was a reaction in the second half. 

Rangers' tempo increased, they created more opportunities, they were playing higher up the pitch and they got their goal.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Tight enough that the ball  can’t go over his head right onto the foot of their player. 

Hes standing square and hasnt a clue what the player behind him is doing. 

We'll just need to disagree here, he was absolutely immense. He drove the team forward. I've criticised him more than most but not tonight and not to blame for.the goal IMO.

Posted at 21:4421:44

'Fantastic result for Rangers'

FT: Rangers 3-1 Maribor

Steven Thompson

Former Scotland striker on BBC Sportsound

What a fantastic result for Rangers. I was worried for them at half-time.

Maribor were the better side by a distance, creating opportunity after opportunity.

There's no doubt there was a reaction in the second half.

Rangers' tempo increased, they created more opportunities, they were playing higher up the pitch and they got their goal.

Article ReactionsLike

0 likes0

Dislike

0 dislikes0

whats the fuck with this pish?

someone who needs chased from anything to do with our club.

he could not be more wrong with the "Maribor were the better side by a distance, creating opportunity after opportunity."

absolute Fake fucking report.

Archived