G.E.C.

***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Don't want to get carried away but I think Coulibaly is the greatest player to ever play for Rangers. 

Black Ryan Jack

54 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Tav was in a good position for the goal.

How can he be in a good position when the guy gets a clean shot a goal, wonder finish or not. 

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Don't want to get carried away but I think Coulibaly is the greatest player to ever play for Rangers. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Whoever scouted Coulibaly deserves a knighthood!!

He is a fucking machine 

Jack ,Coulibaly .Just need to find a midfielder thar can go passed the defenders  .That would be strong midfield 

Great performance, the team worked their socks off. The two goal cushion gives real confidence for second leg even though  Maribor were a good team. Watching that tonight really feels like we are back! 

• Like 1

big Sadiq will give their centre halfs nightmares when he plays them.

It's been a while since we've had such a good European result, well done Rangers!!!  :UK:

• Like 2

Yes fucking superb result Rangers this is becoming a habit making us so fucking proud well played the gers and Stevie g no bad for a rookie manager lol

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

dont know what age you are  but i hope you are getting carried away

Second half that wet dreams are made of can’t remember the last time I’ve enjoyed watching Rangers so much. 

• Like 4

Got called out for work and missed the entire 2nd half, looks like another half time bollocking from SG did the trick for a much improved performance after the break. 

Excellent result against a very decent opponent and hopefully now in a very good position for the second leg. 

Awesome performance second half. Raging at sadiq not passing at the end there 😂😂

Excellent second half. Starting to feel like I'm watching a Rangers team again.

Gutted it's not 4-1 after Candeias and Morelos went full retard

We pressed, we fought for every second ball, we were tough, physically strong, hard to beat, slick on the counter, and we took our chances.

We're finally what we used to be again. This is proper Rangers.

• Like 1

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

How can he be in a good position when the guy gets a clean shot a goal, wonder finish or not. 

How tight do you expect him to be ffs if he takes a touch Tav wins the ball...people need to get a little perspective.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How daft those writing Coulibaly off before he played look now 😁

Who wrote him off?! Signing of the fucking season!!

I'm not getting carried away lads but we're going to win the Europa League so let's start planning the party

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

If we can produce performances like this in the league we'll be winning it.

League is won mate. Those cunts will be booted out by Sept. Patrick whistle might get put back up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'm so happy right now.

I know this is only the Europa League qualifiers and we conceded an away goal, but this is genuinely one of the best results we've had in years. Maribor are a good, Champions League level team (albeit the whipping boys) and we've just gone and outclassed them with the exception of the end of the first half. We were brilliant when we first came out in the second half. Tav was brilliant. Coulibaly is already looking to be an incredibly shrewd pick-up. Morelos was at his best. They were all great.

Not getting carried away because next week is going to be very, very difficult, but this, this is a proper Rangers team. It feels fucking great to have one again.

I believe we can score against them at home and I think we'll be through to the playoff round. 

I'm just delighted about the way the whole team played and the mentality displayed. 

11 hours ago, joze said:

@Rfc52 yes, but not too much. This will be a tough test for us too, but I believe the quality and experience is on our side. if we get an away goal tonight (pref 0:1 ofcourse, but any draw with goals is good too), I think we can finish the job at home. On the other hand, our streak against scotts has to end one day... 😉

@RFC RYAN probably 4-4-2. I wouldn't go too much into details about weak links tbh, but I think both our fullbacks do not shine in defence.  

:hiboys:

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Second half if one of the best performances I've seen from us in a long time tbh.

It was structured, squeezed the life out of them in the middle areas of the pitch which is down to coaching.

• Like 2

never saw the game but according to radio scotland  the 1st goal was offside  2nd was a dive and 3rd he put in with his arm             y

• Like 1