***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

G.E.C.

I think thompson was just talking about the first half as quoted below...

Steven Thompson on BBC Sportsound

What a fantastic result for Rangers. I was worried for them at half-time.

Maribor were the better side by a distance, creating opportunity after opportunity.

There's no doubt there was a reaction in the second half.

Rangers' tempo increased, they created more opportunities, they were playing higher up the pitch and they got their goal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, the old guard said:

Great performance, I've been hard on Morelos but tonight he showed a maturity beyond his years, long may it continue. 

He frustrates me but that boy is still picking up his shorts when he turned him for the penalty.

3 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

I think thompson was just talking about the first half as quoted below...

Steven Thompson on BBC Sportsound

What a fantastic result for Rangers. I was worried for them at half-time.

Maribor were the better side by a distance, creating opportunity after opportunity.

There's no doubt there was a reaction in the second half.

Rangers' tempo increased, they created more opportunities, they were playing higher up the pitch and they got their goal

But were Maribor the better side by a distance.....I think not.

From the man that sat in a studio and proclaimed that it was a definite red for Morelos, aye well how did that work out.

He’s a front bottom

28 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Easy big fella. We’re in a fun mood. Enjoy it. 

Well cunts need to stop acting like fucking muppets, great performance from a difficult game and we get Rangers supporters acting the cunt,  does ma nut in, act the cunt at the right time, not after a very good result i Europe considering where we have been and what is now being created, this team looks like the real thing at last, and thank fuck that it is.

See for a relatively new set of players & new manager, what a difference from the past few years.  Still a way to go but SG is getting more from the players who were already here and the new boys will settle and can only improve. Great character shown to get that result, magic atmosphere too - very very positive. :tu:

Just home from the game and absoulelty buzzing. Brilliant night and result. 

Started well in the 1st half with the goal. But gave away too many chances and we paid for it.

2nd half we were all over them. Tempo increased and we got our rewards. Morelos man of the match for me. I think tav had a great 2nd half. Coulibaly looks a find.  

Exciting times with more players to come into the 1st team. If we perform like that in the league we'll blow oppositions away. 

24 minutes ago, Blueofblood said:

Well cunts need to stop acting like fucking muppets, great performance from a difficult game and we get Rangers supporters acting the cunt,  does ma nut in, act the cunt at the right time, not after a very good result i Europe considering where we have been and what is now being created, this team looks like the real thing at last, and thank fuck that it is.

Take a drink. All will be well. 

@K.A.I got to pull you you we had a friendly debate about coulibaly and you were saying we should be looking at better than someone who can’t get a game for angers and I said we just need to trust Allen/Gerrard to find gems etc 

well I know it’s only few games in but I’m sure we can both agree he’s been really good and exactly what we have missing?

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

@K.A.I got to pull you you we had a friendly debate about coulibaly and you were saying we should be looking at better than someone who can’t get a game for angers and I said we just need to trust Allen/Gerrard to find gems etc 

well I know it’s only few games in but I’m sure we can both agree he’s been really good and exactly what we have missing?

He’s growing on me mate - good battler - someone creative next to him and we laughing 

Absolutely buzzing and my voice is in tatters :lol:

Was fucking raging with Candeias for fucking up a chance to go 2-0 (could've been 4-0 the night if he scored that I feel) Fuck it though, loads of positives to take from that. Teams of previous would've been scudded tonight after that goal they scored. That's one massively important change.

Morelos was on fire tonight!

Their goalie made a couple of shit hot saves as well (sadly)

Don't know why people are blaming Candeias for that chance, he did the right thing. If he took it himself and missed people will be screaming why didn't he square it for Morelos (Forrester and Dodoo). Morelos had an open goal and he couldn't stay onside.

Luckily we won 3-1 anyway and who cares but it's Morelos who should have kept himself onside, imo. Candeias could have maybe noticed he was off but squaring it was the better option

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Don't know why people are blaming Candeias for that chance, he did the right thing. If he took it himself and missed people will be screaming why didn't he square it for Morelos (Forrester and Dodoo). Morelos had an open goal and he couldn't stay onside.

Luckily we won 3-1 anyway and who cares but it's Morelos who should have kept himself onside, imo. Candeias could have maybe noticed he was off but squaring it was the better option

It wasn't. Shooting and putting it away was the best option.

Just now, bluenoz said:

It wasn't. Shooting and putting it away was the best option.

Candeias was up against the keeper at an angle, Morelos was free in the centre for an open goal. Candeias passing to Morelos wasn't the problem.

But we won anyway so may as well forget about it

Archived