***The Official Rangers v NK Maribor Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Think that leaves us very weak back there 

Until Barisic is cleared to play (group games if we get there I think), there’s no option. We can’t lose the protection that Jack offers (unless some other thug has crocked him) so playing him at RB is a mistake. On the right, you could potentially ask Candieas to fill in as an emergency RB but the only option on the left is Halliday which might be why he’s still here. Can’t see Wallace ever playing for us again, John’s away and I think Beerman is away on loan 

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Until Barisic is cleared to play (group games if we get there I think), there’s no option. We can’t lose the protection that Jack offers (unless some other thug has crocked him) so playing him at RB is a mistake. On the right, you could potentially ask Candieas to fill in as an emergency RB but the only option on the left is Halliday which might be why he’s still here. Can’t see Wallace ever playing for us again, John’s away and I think Beerman is away on loan 

Yeah it's a cunt of a problem 

a great win which should see us through to play ive a sneaky feeling-niederkorn who we'll trounce and then to the group stages, btw my Rangers tv stream was rubbish last night anybody else have the same problem?

Obviously I haven't learned my lesson. Because of the good feeling over last night's game I thought I would listen to as many reports as I could, including the BBC podcast.

Rangers 1st, a suspicion of offside. The penalty was a dive, the 3rd was put in with an arm, and after we scored our 1st it was all Maribor. Luck was on Rangers side.

Hahahahaha FFS!

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

McCrorie played a lot at left back in the U20's and would be more of a like for like swap for Flanagan, I would rather play him than Halliday but it is almost certain Halliday will start.

Is there any change young Middleton could cover at left back? I know it would be a big ask but he coped well in the friendly against Wigan when he dropped in there and I really don't want to see Halliday playing if at all possible. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not quite sure I'd call them absolutely quality in all honesty :lol: 

They have made the champions league 3 times in 5 years, and got many a good results doing so. If they didn't look good yesterday it's not down to them it's down to us nullifying that. You could see their quality in the final third with the one touch passing .

6 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

They have made the champions league 3 times in 5 years, and got many a good results doing so. If they didn't look good yesterday it's not down to them it's down to us nullifying that. You could see their quality in the final third with the one touch passing .

We were brilliant last night, there is no way of playing that down, celtic have done the same, and had some great results, not an absolutely quality team though.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were brilliant last night, there is no way of playing that down, celtic have done the same, and had some great results, not an absolutely quality team though.

Obviously there are far better teams than them, but they are still a really high standard. They would have absolutely mauled us last season. Class seeing us get results against teams like this, been long overdue.

Archived