Barisic signs

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It shouldn’t but if Gerrard, who has overseen a cull, has named Tavernier his captain then he clearly thinks he’s the best player we have in that position and ultimately it’s his decision/opinion that matters the most regardless of how many times people on here say that want him dropped or replaced.

At the time yes, he might have wanted Tav on the right and Flanagan on the left. Barasic coming in might change that.

Made a cunt of it yesterday morning in the transfer forum saying it wouldnt happen and how i thought it was lazy paper talk.

How wrong was i and im delighted to be so.

This on paper and judging by the 2 games against us looks like a real gem of a signing.

Fucking over the moon.

32 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I think we've just given it to the longest serving player that is still within a shout of playing.

I don't really agree with it, but it's what I think has happened.

Remember SG saying he didn't want to give the Captaincy to any of the new signings but to someone who has been here a while or something along those lines.

Wether he will be a successful one or not remains to be seen. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Jesus christ that's honestly like something I'd read on Kerrydale Street when a taig tries to tell the world or anyone that would listen that we are signing shite.

It's an interesting tactic he's using to praise Tavernier, basically saying Barisic is as bad :lol: 

Would happily move on any / all of Murphy, Windass, Wallace, John, and to lesser extent Dorrans to finance a proper CF and a number 10.

I'd have included Halliday and Hodson in that list but obviously meant players other teams would actually be interested in.

51 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

you're a fucking idiot

dont give a fuck if that's harsh or rude but fuck me will admin ban the next clueless cunt that thinks Gerrard will drop HIS CHOSEN CAPTAIN  

Who said drop Tav???????

Just get him the fuck out of the back 4 he isn’t a defender. 

9 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

At the time yes, he might have wanted Tav on the right and Flanagan on the left. Barasic coming in might change that.

I can’t see it. As captain Tav is one of the first names on the team sheet. To hand him the captaincy and then drop him after a few weeks would be a mental decision.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Flanagan has done absolutely nothing so far to suggest he's a better option at RB than Tav would be. 

Its clear to see Tav has more to offer attacking than defending always thought this we could play him on the right but not sure where candieas would slot in. 

15 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

is that the wee blonde headed guy Petar Bockaj? he looks a player. I noticed that Morelos was last on the pitch after half time and he went over and shook hands with him. Morelos looked puzzled. I thought maybe he knew something then.

Yes that's the guy I meant.

50 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

you're a fucking idiot

dont give a fuck if that's harsh or rude but fuck me will admin ban the next clueless cunt that thinks Gerrard will drop HIS CHOSEN CAPTAIN  

It’s up to Tav to improve defensively because whether he’s captain, or not captain, don’t see Gerrard being the kind to persist long term with a right back who has frequent defensive lapses.  

What a signing. I'm sure all the money he's spent so far has went to the defence now, which is massive. Fair play to Gerrard for recognising our main weakness and strengthening it, clear sign that we have an actual manager now, despite lack of previous experience. He was born for this. 

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Flanagan has done absolutely nothing so far to suggest he's a better option at RB than Tav would be. 

I think in a back 4 Flannagan drops out, a back 5 he gets a CH position, and he's effectively cover unless we need a more defensive back 4 ie against the scum.