Mark Allen

Bronzy

On the face of it he is doing well. I think the freedom for him to actually do his job has helped. The previous boards were restricting what the Director of Football was able to do, as you'll remember with Bears and media constantly questioning what they were actually doing. 

Allen will be pivotal as we move forward and start winning trophies again. He just looks committed to the role - follows the team home and abroad and is always around. 

3 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

On the face of it he is doing well. I think the freedom for him to actually do his job has helped. The previous boards were restricting what the Director of Football was able to do, as you'll remember with Bears and media constantly questioning what they were actually doing. 

Allen will be pivotal as we move forward and start winning trophies again. He just looks committed to the role - follows the team home and abroad and is always around. 

I cant remember us having a DOF previously, who was it? 

I get the feeling this thread is based on the latest signing today .

Don't think Allen can get much credit for that. the player was in full view of everybody .

That said he defo gets pass marks from me ,one or 2 poor signings under his tenure but on a whole the playing staff seem a huge upgrade from before he came in 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I get the feeling this thread is based on the latest signing today .

Don't think Allen can get much credit for that. the player was in full view of everybody .

That said he defo gets pass marks from me ,one or 2 poor signings under his tenure but on a whole the playing staff seem a huge upgrade from before he came in 

Gerrard mentioned him before the first game So we obviously had some knowledge of him and we’ve been scouting that market because that’s where we got Katic.

10 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard mentioned him before the first game So we obviously had some knowledge of him and we’ve been scouting that market because that’s where we got Katic.

Gerrard went to Toulon and saw Katic there .wether or not they had prior knowledge is up for debate 

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Gerrard went to Toulon and saw Katic there .wether or not they had prior knowledge is up for debate 

Not Only was Katic not playing at the Toulon tournament, Croatia weren’t even at it ffs :lol:

It was Allen who brought in McGregor and Arfield.  It's the scouting system he set up that then went and got Katic.  I think he's also got as many as 15 players out the door this summer.  He's doing his job well.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So far so good, have to remember he is also responsible for getting players sold as well for money which isn’t going very well. 

A lot of that is to do with the players he’s selling being dung

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So far so good, have to remember he is also responsible for getting players sold as well for money which isn’t going very well. 

3 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Isn't part of his job to make sure we can recoup money on players leaving?

If so, he's failing drastically on that front.

Jordan Belfort couldn't get money for the shite we're getting rid of.

Can we not just appreciate the work he seems to be doing rather than try to get one over other posters?

Lets not forget some of the shite we brought in last season either, on the face of it this season looks much better but it's also early doors yet.

I do think he is doing ok btw.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing has been won yet. Cocks out as usual considering we are already trailing celtic by 2 points in the league after day one and hardly been steamrolling the European minnows.

Not that that's a problem at this stage before anyone jumps in but I'm saying nothing has been won yet - let's see how the progression goes.

I mind similar threads in Janaury too. Everycunt needs to settle. 

We have done great sorting the defence. Really pleased with that.

We are still a way off competing. Give us a good creative midfielder and a goalscorer, see how we get on in October in terms of improving and I will give a revised opinion on Mark Allen then.

I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the DOF set-up at us even in good times because it elimiates an awful lot of responsibility when it comes to strategy and accountability in the transfer market which to stay ahead of the game and be a success at Rangers we need accountable people who are good at their job.

Far far too early for these threads given we are the master of false dawns. Some people love getting themselves built up to be let down and rarely learn.

That's why I said in the OP that on the face of it he's done well - things could easily go wrong but at this point I'm more appreciative of him than I was.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Can we not just appreciate the work he seems to be doing rather than try to get one over other posters?

Lets not forget some of the shite we brought in last season either, on the face of it this seadon looks much better but it's also early doors yet.

I do think he is doing ok btw.

Exactly, I just made this thread to say I'm glad that he's seemingly proved me wrong and I appreciate him for that.

It certainly wasn't made for petty shite-slinging.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

That's why I said in the OP that on the face of it he's done well - things could easily go wrong but at this point I'm more appreciative of him than I was.

Nothing wrong with that - I'm speaking generally though across the board.