Something less than Semper Vigilo

D'Artagnan

6 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

https://www.ipso.co.uk/rulings-and-resolution-statements/ruling/?id=03188-16codes  

Both Jane Hamilton and Callum Steele remain in post.

The SFA ordered an independent Commission into the disorder which was chaired by Sheriff Principal Edward F Bowen CBE QC. Regretfully, I am unable to guide you to an unabridged version of his findings, as the SFA, for reasons best known to themselves, have decided to no longer promulgate his report.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/documents/scottishcupfinal2016report/scottish cup final 2016 commission of enquiry - report of sp bowen.pdf

Since publication, Rangers have contested the findings of the report and official statements from the club reflected that.

"We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA’s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.

It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions.

It is right that the club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.”

Such concerns were not without foundation.

Although not widely reported by the press, who focussed on the report’s main findings namely:

·         Police and steward numbers were appropriate

·         Neither club to blame for crowd trouble

·         Call for debate on criminalising pitch invasions

·         Physical interaction between players and fans to be discouraged

·         Retractable tunnel could improve player safety

·         Pitch invasion sparked by Hibs fans' high excitement

·         Overwhelming majority of Rangers fans behaved properly

there was also remarks in the report regarding intelligence prior to the match itself.

In the absence of the complete report I will refer to this exert from the Edinburgh Evening News dated 5th August, 2016.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/report-concludes-hampden-pitch-invasion-down-to-high-excitement-1-4195707

In particular, I would draw your attention to this paragraph:

Thanks for this info!

Cops have chucked it, the snp have neutered them so expect more soft targets and forgive the pun beach of the peace charges. There has been two Chief of polis left the job under mysterious circumstances still not fully explained and the Scottish force must be at their nadir now, it stinks to high heaven.

The Daily Records source for Jane Goody was an anonymous email from someone claiming to be a police officer on duty, didn't know that. a clear propaganda piece designed to smear the Rangers fans and take the heat of our Political Police Force, who were worse than useless on the day and decided to pursue mainly Rangers fans after the final.

Said it after the final we need to look after ourselves and I can see more action being taken like last Thursday as Police in Scotland are not fit for purpose when dealing with Rangers fans.

Brilliant Piece Dart.:tu:

Superb piece, D’art, as usual.

What gets me is how brazen this contempt for our club and our support has become. And across so many areas of life.

I complained to the BBC about the hatchet job phone-in they cobbled together on the morning of the Flanagan signing, the tone being that Rangers must condone domestic abuse if they sign him. Eventually got a nice wee email telling me to, and I paraphrase here, “fuck off”.

The abuse is no longer veiled or in need of interpretation, it is blatant.

The only thing that will change how we are treated is success and prolonged success at that. When we’re back on top, they’ll crawl back wanting invites to the party.

It is then we must be strong and neither forget nor forgive.

2 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

The Daily Records source for Jane Goody was an anonymous email from someone claiming to be a police officer on duty, didn't know that. a clear propaganda piece designed to smear the Rangers fans and take the heat of our Political Police Force, who were worse than useless on the day and decided to pursue mainly Rangers fans after the final.

Said it after the final we need to look after ourselves and I can see more action being taken like last Thursday as Police in Scotland are not fit for purpose when dealing with Rangers fans.

Brilliant Piece Dart.:tu:

100pc correct. 

our publicly funded police has been politicised ,

Credit to poster for coming up with facts and content. A good read.  Don't upset this group or that group but fuck Unionists or their like.

The so called minority ie anything but British type Establishment are precious. Do not offend them while they work their agenda of protest and ultimate takeover.

Paranoid old Proddy here of course!

Very good post D'Art :thumbup: I also believe that due to the in actions and soft approach taken against Motherwell after the play off pitch invasion, this set an example that anything goes when it comes to games against Rangers. What is striking about both games was the goading was identical. Pure hatred etched on those faces and worse on both occasion they had won the football match, that's crazy imo    :hit: