Farewell Josh Windass

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Windass was decent at football but an absolute loser of a person

we might miss his goals during a hard season, he did have the knack of scoring but we never missed him tonight an somebody else will just have to pick up the slack if we do

im sure we have enough quality to be seeing of your fraserburghs, ayr uniteds, dundee and hamiltons tbf.

as far as im concerned good riddance to this cunt and thnx to his honking attitude and workrate is probably the first player whose left us for a long time where i really couldnt give a fuck what he does next.

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

im sure we have enough quality to be seeing of your fraserburghs, ayr uniteds, dundee and hamiltons tbf.

as far as im concerned good riddance to this cunt and thnx to his honking attitude and workrate is probably the first player whose left us for a long time where i really couldnt give a fuck what he does next.

Wouldn’t argue with that on tonight’s performance, the only reason I commented on him due to my dislike of the boy, is because he scored a lot of goals last year.

positive spin is somebody else is gonna score a lot of goals playing in his spot.

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

Wouldn’t argue with that on tonight’s performance, the only reason I commented on him due to my dislike of the boy is because he scored a lot of goals last year

positive spin is somebody else is gonna score a lot of goals playing in his spot

exactly.  i said before under gerrard willing to give anyone a chance but he just didnt seem interested.  stark contrast to tavernier who i thought was outstanding tonight and WILL change many peoples mind about him

The Rangers gaffer said: “Wigan got to a number the board were happy with and the board put the decision in mine and Mark’s hands.

“I spoke to Josh this morning and asked him what he wanted to do and he made it clear he wanted to speak to Wigan.

“I wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way if they want to play for another team in their favourite position.

“Josh wants to be a number nine every game for Rangers and I couldn’t guarantee him that.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3048596/Rangers-steven-gerrard-magnificent-james-tavernier-maribor/

Heard the confirmation on the way to the game. 

I'm very happy he's no longer our problem. 2.5m and a sell on clause is not bad business. 

Watching the game tonight, I was saying to friends if windass was playing he would have easily gone missing again. 

There was a talent there but he never had the application or the desire to work for me.

Gerrard has spotted this, hence why he hit the bench so quickly. 

Let's use this fee to add more quailty to the side. 

42 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Someone forgot about Michael....

For me it's been summed up already, everyone to a man has stepped up in the games under Gerrard thus far. No passengers.

Windass ran his socks off against Aberdeen, but I wouldn't trust him to do it throughout the season.

The question I have now is who steps up and scores the goals that he scored. That's the challenge for the team.

Windass had some really good moments last season and some really poor ones too. At Wigan I expect he will stand out as the pressure is less, but it should mean we benefit from the sell on clause that's been mentioned.

I don't think we can afford passengers and windass was guilty of being one fairly often. Hopefully the cash is reinvested in a player who offers more.