Farewell Josh Windass

Considering what we paid for him and looking at his goals and assists, he's been brilliant value. And to get a massive profit when any player leaves is what it's all about really. 

In saying that, i think we'll play better without him. We just need to replace his goals and assists, and i don't think we have anyone already with us who can, so hopefully some or all of the fee we got is invested in a replacement.

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Considering what we paid for him and looking at his goals and assists, he's been brilliant value. And to get a massive profit when any player leaves is what it's all about really. 

In saying that, i think we'll play better without him. We just need to replace his goals and assists, and i don't think we have anyone already with us who can, so hopefully some or all of the fee we got is invested in a replacement.

Agreed, can see him doing well with Wigan. Let’s face it, they were no threat to us in the recent friendly.

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

Another player hounded out the club. Watch out Tav, you're only 2 bad games away from the same.

I don't think Tav is anywhere close to the same treatment Josh rightfully got.

Josh' abuse came mostly for his attitude towards playing and his belief that he was a lot better than he is. Not to mention he spent time online arguing with fans along with his da and at one point thought a good celebration after scoring a goal was to do the whole "shhh" thing past our fans.

He's an absolte gobshite and I hope he fails miserably

Windass senior quickly deleted the tweet and later took to social media to thank Rangers for Josh’s time in Glasgow.

He wrote: “Just want to say thank you to Glasgow Rangers F.C for giving Josh the opportunity to play for your club.

“A lot of stick and banter which was good and bad and bad at times but life moves on.

“It’s only a game of football at the end of the day.”

One Rangers fan responded to Dean to say he wished Josh had remained at Ibrox.

@cmc_84 said: “Cards on the table mate, wish he’d stayed and proved himself. Now we’ll never know but one guarantee is he’ll never play for a bigger team than Rangers. All the best.”

Dean replied: “If Steven (Gerrard) wanted him to stay he would trust me.”

Aye, Gerrard might have wanted him to stay, but you have to earn your place at this club, not just expect a No9 start every game. Who does he think he is :1120982233_SGsmile:

17 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Off to pastures new at Wigan. A great day for our club.

He gave his all for the club and came along a very long way at Rangers Remember he cost us £50k or something from Accrington Stanley then all of a sudden he thrust into the limelight and playing in front of 50k fans every second  week , I wish we made a profit from every player we signed so it's  a good piece of business by the club 

Wish him well and hope we put a sell on clause in his contract 

Good riddance and thanks for nothing, to the single biggest coward I’ve ever had the misfortune of watching in a Rangers strip. Words can’t properly describe how happy I am that we’ll never have to see the mongo, shitebag cunt play for us again. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Considering we have a sell on clause surely you’d rather he did well so he gets another big money move and we make more money on him?

One of those where it’s a decent outcome either way - he moves for big money, we get the sell-on percentage.

He flops - a huge number of us are proved right.

The sell on dosh would, obviously, be more beneficial to the club.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't think Tav is anywhere close to the same treatment Josh rightfully got.

Josh' abuse came mostly for his attitude towards playing and his belief that he was a lot better than he is. Not to mention he spent time online arguing with fans along with his da and at one point thought a good celebration after scoring a goal was to do the whole "shhh" thing past our fans.

He's an absolte gobshite and I hope he fails miserably

Far worse players received far less abuse. Abusing and booing players from the stands is disgraceful imo, no matter who they are.