Coulibally

jjbscotty12

When he went down I think a few of us were thinking, that's another one out for a few games: delighted to see the hunger and dig in the guy to pick himself up and then push for the other goal. No way was he coming off. 

Big difference between this team and before. 

He looks a warrior, great performance. We desperately needed some steel in the team and between him, Katic, Goldson  (some player) and Arfield we finally have it. With these guys there’s no way we’ll be getting easily rolled over this season. 

Gerrard said this of Coulibaly on 11th July, before he’d even kicked a ball at Rangers:

‘Coulibaly is a destroyer type midfielder, he is very different to what he have here. I have watched him numerous times and he breaks play up and keeps it simple. He will add a bit of power in the engine room for us.’

He’s not fucking wrong AND clearly had the utmost confidence in Coulibaly to make that statement.

That quote alone  is why I have utter confidence in Gerrard and his back room staff.

He was my shout for MotM, did the dirty work, just about every time one of their attacks broke down he seemed to be involved.

My kind of player, gets about the park, reads the game well and gets a foot on the ball/man without too much fancy shite.

Hopefully builds on his impressive start.